Do you think you are a superhero?

Author Topic: Do you think you are a superhero?  (Read 5464 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Do you think you are a superhero?
« on: September 19, 2008, 01:20:08 PM »
M.Night movies always makes me question myself, my faith, my existence, my future and my past. Unbreakable made me to ask myself this question what if I am a superhero. The way I think its like this: Everyone has a superhero in them.

David Dunn never knew he was a superhero and had those special powers. He finds out after the train wreck.

How many of you asked this question from yourselves? Am I a superhero too?

No one knows.

Do you think Superheroes exist?
What is the meaning of superheroes?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: Do you think you are a superhero?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:50:35 PM »
I'm a Christian and I believe in the supernatural.  I also believe that superhero's are real, not in the typical comic book style, though I won't discount that.  What is super- it's something that's beyond the normal, something that most people can't do, then you use that ability to something good for the world.  Voila-you have a superhero.  I know this sounds a little far fetched, but if you think about it is doesn't seem that improbable, at least in my mind.  Why couldn't God bestow certain powers upon somebody in a time of need.  You read throughought history of amazing people, brilliant people, these people tend to appear during times of war or great trouple.  So my answer is yes, superheroes exist.  In answer to the second question-I feel it's quite obvious, they exist to guide, invent, protect, and lead other people towards a better world.  This is just a short answer and I plan on writing a paper on it, but right now just don't have the time.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »
I'm a Christian and I believe in the supernatural.  I also believe that superhero's are real, not in the typical comic book style, though I won't discount that.  What is super- it's something that's beyond the normal, something that most people can't do, then you use that ability to something good for the world.  Voila-you have a superhero.  I know this sounds a little far fetched, but if you think about it is doesn't seem that improbable, at least in my mind.  Why couldn't God bestow certain powers upon somebody in a time of need.  You read throughought history of amazing people, brilliant people, these people tend to appear during times of war or great trouple.  So my answer is yes, superheroes exist.  In answer to the second question-I feel it's quite obvious, they exist to guide, invent, protect, and lead other people towards a better world.  This is just a short answer and I plan on writing a paper on it, but right now just don't have the time.

Well put, I would love to read your paper on this.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 06:23:25 AM »
Since the comic character is a common man with the main ability magnified by...1000, we could say most of us have the "heroic power". Ofcourse we cannot bend metal and throw it with our mind, but we, perhaps, can bend people's opinion and manipulate it's actions. Our powers are social-communicational, although specific persons naturally have incredible strength for common human standard (eg. a guy I worked with for some time, he was able to move a 16-pack gascan battery (battery aprox. 150kg, each gascan aprox. 100kg) with one hand and could lift and swing with the lone battery as if we're talking about a soccer ball. The guy doesn't do any hard work usually, or benches, he's just naturally like a gorilla. Some of us have an ability to predict course of actions, others can talk you into anything they try. Some don't have to say anything, and others will do as they wish. Looking down on yourself as if you can actually make a difference could eventually wake up your social abilities and forth make you capable of influencing your surrounding, making you a hero, or a villain.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »
Excellent point, and people think I'm a little wacko. :D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »
Excellent point, and people think I'm a little wacko. :D

Why? ;D

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »
Probably for thinking outside the box, but since Shyamalan movies are 100 years ahead of our time, and, fact as spoken, we are the blessed minority, it's understandable.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »
Haha, blessed minority, I like that Decadent Sympozium, but yes, I do tend to think outside of the box.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 02:27:59 PM »
Then you understand what I mean. We are talking about movies containing such mass of details that a common mind simply cannot perceive it properly.  It's like observing a human being.  A common eye sees a 5'9''' tall female that may or may not appeal with her look.  A precise eye sees an atom complex forming a creature of intrigue - as a basic difference opposing common eye.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
Yeah, I get you, there are so many layers to this world, it's truly stunning.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 11:57:09 PM »
We were reading the Crucible in english today, I was bored so I took off the plastic label of my water bottle and proceeded to play with static to make it float in the air.  The girl that sat next to me freaked out when she saw what I was doing and she made a big scene...  It was hilarious...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:00:09 AM by Kuzon »
ジャクソン

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 01:19:38 PM »
Haha, that's cool.

reign16

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 07:19:25 AM »
A Superhero?, Maybe in the dream i am a superhero but in real world nope...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 02:01:48 PM »
Ahh, dreams can be amazing, you can do so much in them.