Unbreakable the un-cut version?

Author Topic: Unbreakable the un-cut version?  (Read 7649 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Unbreakable the un-cut version?
« on: October 01, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
I was randomly flipping channels today (wed oct 1, 08) and I found unbreakable on the G4 channel.  I thought, oh cool, ill watch a little.  Then all of a sudden I noticed i had never seen the scene they were showing (no they wernt showing deleted scnees, it was the actual movie).

You know the weight lifting scene in the locker room that is on the "deleted scenes" disc?  Well, they had this in the movie.  The cuts from scene to scene were also different, they had more of Eligah's part when he was getting treatment for his leg.  I havnt watched the entire thing, but it is on again at 9pm-12am central time tonight (wed. oct 1st, its also in tv fomat which sucks, but...)  Even the guy at the comic book store says different things than the orginal dvd!  What's up with that?

Can anyone tell me if they have ever seen this un-cut version before? 
I am certainly baffled bc this one of my fav movies.  Could they have pieced it together themselves?  Is that legal?  Any thoughts would be great if anyone happens to watch it or has seen it!  Thanks!  :)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Someone else

• Praying with Anger

Re: Unbreakable the un-cut version?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 10:51:32 PM »
Wow, I just posted the same thing on another forum.

I'm flipping through the channels, saw G4 is running Unbreakable. Immediately I found two scenes that I do not remember on my DVD copy. One where David and his wife are having dinner and he asks about her therapy patients "jumping levels", and then one of her friends comes along and assumes David is some lawyer she was thinking of dating.

The next scene, David and his son are talking about his secret identity.

I've seen this film 5~6 times, I don't remember this version...

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:36:48 AM »
This also happened on Pearl Harbor. I know I've seen a scene on television where the soldier with the pronouncing problem (don't know the english word) comes in the sleeping room:
>Th..th..th..the...
<What is it?
>THE JAPS ARE HERE!

I have the movie on DVD now, I can't find that scene on it!

Anyway, the movie is going to be broadcasted in Holland tomorrow, I think I'll watch it!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:28:16 AM »
That's weird, but unfortunately I don't have TV so I won't be able to watch it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Someone else

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 09:08:30 AM »
Yeah. Although I know this movie was too long to begin with (not too long for me, but for the average movie watcher), those two scenes were nice. The one with Audrey (wife) was pretty clever. David asks about her therapy patients "jumping levels", of having more ability than they actually were aware of. We know this means David was not fully aware of his incredible strength... and then he goes to the training weight room and benches 500 pounds. I think those two scenes really flesh out the concept of David being super-powered but without ever exploring his limits, was not cognizant of it.

If someone figures out where the full version of this movie can be found, post here. thanks! :)

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:04:39 AM »
Ok... wow... weird.  Thanks for the replys.   :)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Unbreakable888

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »
LOL! I saw the entire thing.

Yes, they added ALL seven deleted scenes. They changed two words to keep it TV-PG, the first one was "God-damnit" to just "damnit" and "jerking off" to "messing with" or something to that nature.

Anyways, I really like this version, but I still think it could be better! Aarg. I would have re-arranged a few scenes, etc, etc.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:37:01 PM »
I'm almost embarrased to admit it...even though I owned the Unbreakable DVD for years...I didn't know about the deleted scenes until I saw the G4 un-cut version. I loved it. It definitely deepened my appreciation for this great film.

I would have loved it if M. Night had included the sequence of scenes entitled "Phone call to David"...that restaurant scene discussing limits is great. I also loved the scene with son in the bedroom...knowing his dad's "secret identity."

I recorded the G4 un-cut version on my DVR...but it got deleted. If anybody knows when they're going to air it again...let us know!

standtall

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
I wish he'd do something like Bryan Singer did with X-Men, where they released a second DVD with lots of special features and a feature where you can watch the deleted scenes integrated with the movie.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 01:24:54 AM »
I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

standtall

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »
I know, so would I, I wish you could do that will all movies.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 11:49:18 PM »
I've seen two different versions of the window scene in 1408.

*Spoiler*

in one of them the guy in the other building gets hit, and in the other one, the ghost guy just appears behind him with the hammer.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »
Was one on TV?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
Nope, but i think one might have been outside the US  (happened with the Happening too when I watched an outside of US version it was less graphic) I saw both versions on Youtube, (of the window scene) but i definitely remember seeing him make contact when i was watching it in the theater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBF_0-SOnY  <<theatrical version..i couldnt find the other version i used to have saved on youtube tho (was removed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkD1QLE6us  <-- good review of the movie, a lot like what I would have said even though Cusack is being kind of a jerk here.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »
Yeah, some countries edit the films they show.