NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products

Author Topic: NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products  (Read 17759 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
I know an article was posted before on this forum about M.Night Shyamalan falling for Media Rights Capital. We've discussed back and forth that we're all really well satisfied about M.Night's decisions. Then we kind of stopped discussing about the kind of products M.Night Shyamalan is going to write and produce for MRC and under his banner called "Night Chronicles". So I decided to post an topic and lets have each others ideas.

I would really really appreciate if no one takes things here personal and serious. Lets respect each others opinions and if someone is wrong we can correct them.

I love this idea of M.Night Shyamalan attached to NIGHT CHRONICLES. According to the article it was mentioned that M.Night Shyamalan will generate one thriller per year for three years. Shyamalan will produce but not direct, marking the first time he will produce a film he didn't write and helm. Shyamalan will create the stories and ideas for the films and pick the writers and directors; MRC will finance.

"These films will be based on ideas in keeping with what has made Night so successful, and has made him unique to his time. MRC will set up each project for distribution when Metzger and co-CEOs Modi Wiczyk and Asif Satchu feel it's best for the film.The projects aren't formalized, and no writers have yet been hired, but Shyamalan has at least two ideas that could become films. The Night Chronicles will be based near Philadelphia, where the filmmaker lives and works.

Once again its an great idea. If anyone can answer my questions.

• Night Chronicles will only hire writers those who are based in Philadelphia?
  • What happens to "Blinding Edge Pictures"?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:18:01 PM »
My guesses would be:

Yes. They will probably for writers and directors in the Philly area, or filmmakers willing to move to the area.

Secondly, Blinding Edge Pictures will exist. I think the Night Chronicles banner is only for those 3 movies. Night's individual movies, and of course the remaining Avatar films will be under Blinding Edge (in part at least.)

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:54:13 AM »
If you ask me, Night Chronicles is just a name for the serie movies he did not direct. Most of the time a director gets the most credit for a movie. By name all 3 movies a Night Chronicle, his name will be attached to it more clearly. I think that movies that he will direct, like The Last Airbender, will be produced by his own company 'Blinding Edge Pictures', and maybe even the 3 new movies will also be BEP.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:01:17 AM »
I am glad that BEP is going to exist. And its a little sad that they only will hire writers who are based in Philly areas.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 03:39:21 PM »
Well, that's the production area. You can't work with someone who is on the other side of the country.
We can breath in space,

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »
Well, that's the production area. You can't work with someone who is on the other side of the country.

What if someone wants to sell their stuff from other country or state?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 02:38:52 PM by Rohan »

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 04:06:36 AM »
You make it really hard for me to explain :P
Trading/selling is something different then producing a movie...(although, that's what I think, but don't you agree?)
We can breath in space,

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
I'm glad that Night will still retain major control over those next ideas, but I hope Blinding Edge Pictures doesn't dissapear for a while.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »
You make it really hard for me to explain :P
Trading/selling is something different then producing a movie...(although, that's what I think, but don't you agree?)

I know your point. My question are they going to accept a writer's work who is out of Philly?  Don't answer it one piece at a time.... lol

Zozaya

• Signs

• Personal Text
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:46:18 PM »
I've got a question, 3 pictures in three years, but starting WHEN? in what year?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
I've got a question, 3 pictures in three years, but starting WHEN? in what year?

I don't think its decided yet. M.Night will be the writer and the producer only. His next original idea that he is going to write and direct will be some where between THE LAST AIRBENDER trilogy. May be in 2011. As far as Writing and producing for NIGHT CHRONICLES again I think not decided. They are also looking for writers to submit their script and M.Night will read them and then he will decide which is good or not.

Zozaya

• Signs

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »
OH ok, cool

miadefleur

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 01:55:49 PM »

I don't think its decided yet. M.Night will be the writer and the producer only. His next original idea that he is going to write and direct will be some where between THE LAST AIRBENDER trilogy. May be in 2011. As far as Writing and producing for NIGHT CHRONICLES again I think not decided. They are also looking for writers to submit their script and M.Night will read them and then he will decide which is good or not.

miadefleur

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 01:57:24 PM »

Where to send script?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 03:56:03 PM »

Where to send script?

Send to NIGHT CHRONICLES. I don't think they have a office opened yet.