NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products

Author Topic: NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products  (Read 17717 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: NIGHT CHRONICLES - Products
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
I know DEVIL is Night's own idea. Who is going to write the script for this movie?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
According to an article I was reading online yesterday when I was trying to find more information on NIGHT CHRONICLES, it stated that M.Night will train 3 new young filmmakers and one of them is his cousin.

Okay, M.Night teaching new talent which is not bad and I think its good that he issharing his knowledge, but is he trying to make NIGHT CHRONICLES as big as DREAMWORKS?

I am wondering what kind of movie DEVIL will be. I hope not, TRANSPORTER level movie or even QUARANTINE. M.Night own's movies are way more better in acting, directing, cinematography.

This is what I was thinking. DEVIL should be the modern day PSYCHO. If he is going to pull that with the two new filmmakers then there is no problem. I was wondering why - QUARANTINE makers, why not ALEXANDER AJA, he does make good movies. The hills Have Eyes which was released 2/3 years ago was a nice piece of art.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 01:15:05 PM »
Cash-Machine Manoj Saves His Best Twist Ending For Last

The day after DreamWorks was deported to the Asian Subcontinent was a bittersweet one around town ? unless you're Steven Spielberg, we guess, who is a few signatures away from finally sticking it to Viacom, or maybe if you're CAA, which had previously wooed the Works' deep-pocketed Indian investors at Reliance ADA to throw money at projects for George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, Nicolas Cage, Jim Carrey and a few of the agency's other heavy hitters.

Or especially if you're Manoj Night Shyamalan, who caught nothing but holy hell for a month leading up to the release of The Happening only to nab almost $70 million worldwide in less than a week of release. As we noted yesterday, he and Fox had their own funding deal with backers at India's UTV, but the lucrative terms buried today in Variety's DreamWorks coverage make Manoj's Folly suddenly look like Manoj's Mint:

Under that arrangement, Shyamalan traded his first-dollar gross participation for 25% ownership of the pic's copyright and a cash break arrangement that allows him to share 50% of the film's revenue stream once UTV and Fox recoup budget and P&A costs. After a strong opening weekend, that deal looks like it could pay off for Shyamalan, who brought the film in at about $50 million.

We've seen this before, of course, with the Holy Trinity of Spielberg/Lucas/Ford most recently pulling down low eight figures after Indy 4's opening-weekend windfall. But Manoj! You player! A Nickelodeon movie hardly seems an appropriate follow-up; may we suggest instead a psychological thriller about a vacationing American family on the run from a mysterious epidemic, later discovered to be brought on by ? SPOILER ALERT! ? the exotic money trees wreaking cultural havoc around them. Too personal? Too soon? Fine ? just as long as you don't start making us call you A.T.M. Night Shyamalan, we'll trust your judgment henceforth.

Note: This article is from June of 2008 and it was interesting to share this here. I quite didn't get the point of the publisher who stated 70M from THE HAPPENING - Was 20th Century Fox happy with the money? - And they made a remark on TLA.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 04:14:52 PM »
What's that exactly supposed to mean.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
What's that exactly supposed to mean.

No Idea.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »
Alright, so I'm not the only one who wonders what it means.

Sri HK

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
^^ I think the whole point of the article is big directors are sticking it to the studio executives by making deals with Indian companies and Shyamalan seems to have made good money over "The Happening."

:)

Between...i think Shyamalan might have already found his next set of young directors.../.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1007469/aussies-score-oscar-nod-for-miracle-fish
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2010, 02:29:48 PM »
^^ I think the whole point of the article is big directors are sticking it to the studio executives by making deals with Indian companies and Shyamalan seems to have made good money over "The Happening."

:)

Between...i think Shyamalan might have already found his next set of young directors.../.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1007469/aussies-score-oscar-nod-for-miracle-fish

Where do you get this news, SrHK? Always something fresh. Good article.

Sri HK

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »
 ;D

I'm just a Shyamalan fanatic.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
;D

I'm just a Shyamalan fanatic.

Cool.  ;D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2010, 01:25:44 PM »
Okay, that makes sense.

Sri HK

BIG NEWS
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 07:03:01 PM »
M. Night Shyamalan Sets 'Buried' Writer Chris Sparling For Night Chronicles Thriller

http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/m-night-shyamalan-sets-buried-writer-chris-sparling-for-night-chronicles-thriller/

M. Night Shyamalan has set the second feature to be made through his genre producing banner The Night Chronicles. The project comes as Shyalaman promotes development exec Ashwin Rajan to president of production for the Media Rights Capital-backed genre label. Shyamalan and MRC set Chris Sparling to write Twelve Strangers, a thriller that involves a jury deliberating a case involving the supernatural. Sparling scripted Buried, the Rodrigo Cortes-directed Ryan Reynolds-in-a-coffin thriller snapped up by Lionsgate after a raucous midnight premiere screening at Sundance by the writer's UTA reps.

Rajan is the former agent with whom Shyamalan launched the company to produce projects based on the filmmaker?s ideas. The construct of Shyamalan's original three-year deal with MRC is to make one film a year with up and coming filmmakers. They've wrapped the first Night Chronicles film, the John Dowdle-directed Devil.

The thriller will be distributed next February 11 by Universal. That studio, coincidentally, is the major that so far has shown the most interest in the untitled Shyamalan-scripted thriller that CAA is shopping as his possible next directing project. I'm told Bradley Cooper would play a father on a desperate search for his missing child.  It might stray into Taken terrain, but the father taps into some supernatural powers to aid the search. THR reported that Cooper, Bruce Willis and Gwyneth Paltrow are loosely attached. There is no certainty a deal will close at Universal, and I?m told there's interest from some non-studio backers.

Shyamalan?s now preoccupied with launching The Last Airbender. Paramount long ago carved out  a pre-Independence Day release date. The July 1 date gives the film a shot at the family film crowd, between Toy Story 3/Grown Ups and the Universal/Illumination animated film Despicable Me.

;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 07:30:32 PM by Sri HK »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
Twelve Strangers?  ;D Sounds pretty cool. Just to let you all know that I am the number 11th Stranger.