Got Riddles?

Author Topic: Got Riddles?  (Read 24753 times)

ACDCguy

• The Happening

Re: Got Riddles?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2008, 09:05:55 PM »
well there are lizards that fly...but none that i know of with feathers. and i dont know any birds with scales. and dinosaurs all the characteristics, but you don't see any of them around anymore, flying or otherwise.

The anwser is Dinosaurs. Birds are included; all birds are dinosaurs thus dinosaurs have feathers and can fly. And yes there has been dinosaur fossils found with feather inprints. So you do see dinosaurs flying around every day.

Next riddle:
I'm big, I'm bold
I look of gold
I can handle a guitar
And I'm statued in a duck walk mode
I appear large and great
But my creators regard me as "Junior" of their debate
What am I?

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »
well there are lizards that fly...but none that i know of with feathers. and i dont know any birds with scales. and dinosaurs all the characteristics, but you don't see any of them around anymore, flying or otherwise.

The anwser is Dinosaurs. Birds are included; all birds are dinosaurs thus dinosaurs have feathers and can fly. And yes there has been dinosaur fossils found with feather inprints. So you do see dinosaurs flying around every day.

Actually, dinosaurs were reptiles. all of them. and birds are NOT reptiles, so they are NOT dinosaurs. That's like saying people are fish.

and as for your last riddle...I'd say the Angus Statue. since you've already used dinosaurs, there's only one obsession left.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:25:05 AM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2008, 05:10:30 AM »

Actually, dinosaurs were reptiles. all of them. and birds are NOT reptiles, so they are NOT dinosaurs. That's like saying people are fish.

and as for your last riddle...I'd say the Angus Statue. since you've already used dinosaurs, there's only one obsession left.

Yes, but what's it called?
Birds are direct desendace from dinosaurs. Birds might be in their own class but scientist argue that they evolved from a line of reptiles thus the dinosaurian line. The two are so close that they want to regroup them all into one "Dinosaurian" class. Calling birds dinosaurs is like saying humans are mammals (which we are).

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »
After some cursory research ive come to the conclusion that your statement is true enough. And I don't know the name of the angus staute...  :o
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2008, 03:41:32 PM »
After some cursory research ive come to the conclusion that your statement is true enough. And I don't know the name of the angus staute...  :o

It's Junior (hence "Junior" of their debate).

What follows this "pattern"?
36", 24", __

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »
12"?

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »
Nope. I'll give you a hint: 36-24-__ oh! I lead a life of crime. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2008, 01:24:24 AM »
36, its from an AC/DC song.

hmmm...can't think of  good riddle right now...Oh, I think I got one:

A monkey, a lion, and a giraffe are all stuck on a deserted island.
The monkey spots a banana tree, with only ONE bunch/cluster/bushel on it.
The giraffe volunteers to get them something to eat because he has the longest neck.
He goes up to the tree, but he can't reach, so the monkey climbs on his head and reachs up and shakes the tree so everything falls off.  How many coconuts are now on the ground?

he, kinda lame, but the best I could do at this late hour.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2008, 08:43:29 AM »
There are no coconuts. It's a banana tree...
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »
yeah, but you dunno if there are coconut trees around that HAVE been dropping them (they do tend to grow in the same places)..so I would say there's not enough information to know how many coconuts are on the ground.
What I can't figure out is what the lion has to do with anything..

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2008, 02:12:51 PM »
Nothing, its just there to confuse you ???

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
I'm making up my own language. It borrows rules from Germanic (heavy in the vocab) and Romance languages (heavy in the grammar and alittle in the vocab). Try to translate this sentence to english and figure out how to prononce it:

A mi me ike hlstonarr m?sica, dp?jarr, ? wa??rr TV.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 04:05:17 PM by ACDCguy »

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
I like listening to music, ?drawing?, and watching TV

I guessed on that.

Someone else post a riddle if I got it right, I got nothing right now

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
I like listening to music, ?drawing?, and watching TV

I guessed on that.

Someone else post a riddle if I got it right, I got nothing right now

Good work!  ;D the word you questioned is just "draw"
It literally translates too: I like to listen to music, draw, and watch TV.
Now translate the pronouciation.

One question, how did you solve it?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:00:37 PM by ACDCguy »

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2008, 10:36:29 PM »
I put question marks around draw because that was the word I was most unsure about lol,

I just guessed on it, but I took spanish, and I'm currently taking french, and I know russian, so those things might have something to do with it, oh and german is similar to english