Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films

Author Topic: Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films  (Read 36200 times)

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Re: Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2008, 02:28:29 PM »
steinmansbrain,

I've never loved The Happening, I never really liked it first of all, and secondly Avatar's being mocked, first because he questioned peoples fanhood because they didn't like The Happening, (which is insane).  I don't like the Happening and I'm a big M. Night fan.  Being a huge fan of ANYONE doesn't mean that you're going to or HAVE to LOVE or even LIKE everything they do, it's unrealistic, it's even more unrealistic when you question peoples fanhood, it's absurd.

The Godfather won quite a few awards and raked in alot of cash at the box office and is a critically acclaimed film, (The Happening hasn't and will not do any of those.  The Godfather could be re-released every 10 to 20 years and would make money and do well, The Happening would not, plus alot more people LOVE The Godfather worldwide by a wide margin than The Happening.  If Avatar wants to say that it ranks with The Dark Knight and There Will Be Blood, then that's his deal, how he came up with that opinion is...whatever it is I completely disagree with him.  TDK will make more money in DVD and Blue-Ray sales than The Happening will make in it's whole entirety, that's a fact.  There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece and it was Oscar nominated, and is another movie that will spawn alot of DVD incarnations through the years.  Other than a M. Night Box-Set, that'll be the only other re-release on DVD that you'll ever see for The Happening, ever.  I wonder though with Avatar loving The Happening, (with it's many, many many, many flaws) what would the caliber of movie that M. Night would have to put out for Avatar to consider it a piece of #@!*.  Inquiring minds want to know.  I think it would be interesting to know this.

One other thing, if you looked at Avatars post, you make make a post like that and NOT expect people not to react to it.
I mean, come on, to question peoples fanhood?  Get serious.  That's almost a direct insult.

If anyone loved The Happening, then that's their opinion and their deal...afterall everyones allowed to love some movies that suck (The Happening).      

This debate is crazy, it was a bad bad bad movie plain and simple.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:42:28 PM by Prince111 »

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong, Cleveland) that Cleveland is basing his opinions and ideas around RT.  I just think that when people say, "Oh, Cleveland, you don't know what you're talking about.  Everyone loved The Happening!" Cleveland uses RT as a reference.  RT (to an extent) represents the general consensus of the people who have seen the movie.  It's not Cleveland's one and only foundation for his arguement, it's just a widely accepted site that people recognize as an unbiased opinion towards films.  Obviously, the majority of M. Night fans are biased, and when we claim that The Happening is in fact a fantastic film in every aspect, we cannot be considered a completely reliable source. 

All in all, The Happening wasn't great.  So when Heep claims that "most people disliked the movie" and he refrences RT, you cannot completely tear him apart for it.  Even I disagree with some of the things that RT says, but that doesn't rule it out as an unreliable source of information.

Now I've agreed with Heep on almost all of the points he has brought up in the past, and personally, I don't think RT means much in this arguement. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just taking a side here... Lol.

Heep feels for The Tomato like Avatar111 feels for Night. It's unhealthy (the website addiction that is... not the fruit).

Basing his opinions and idea's??? If only that's where it ended!! He's based his whole view of life on the b*stard site!!

Lol of course I'm only joking and you're absolutely right it's a valid site to reference (occasionally ^^)

As for you steinmansbrain, if you want to defend him, it's cool, go for it...(if that's what you're doing).

This debate is crazy, it was a bad bad bad movie plain and simple.

I'm done with this thread.  This was a good debate.    

Yeah I was defending him. And yeah I thought The Happening sucked too. One of the worst films ever imo. Those guys over at Rotten Tomato's.com got it spot on ;D

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »
I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong, Cleveland) that Cleveland is basing his opinions and ideas around RT.  I just think that when people say, "Oh, Cleveland, you don't know what you're talking about.  Everyone loved The Happening!" Cleveland uses RT as a reference.  RT (to an extent) represents the general consensus of the people who have seen the movie.  It's not Cleveland's one and only foundation for his arguement, it's just a widely accepted site that people recognize as an unbiased opinion towards films.  Obviously, the majority of M. Night fans are biased, and when we claim that The Happening is in fact a fantastic film in every aspect, we cannot be considered a completely reliable source. 

All in all, The Happening wasn't great.  So when Heep claims that "most people disliked the movie" and he refrences RT, you cannot completely tear him apart for it.  Even I disagree with some of the things that RT says, but that doesn't rule it out as an unreliable source of information.

Now I've agreed with Heep on almost all of the points he has brought up in the past, and personally, I don't think RT means much in this arguement. 

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just taking a side here... Lol.

Great post EP, I couldn't have said it better.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »
Calling The Happening the best film of the year is like calling the Jersey Girl the best comedy ever made.

Elijah Price

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2008, 04:53:21 PM »
Calling The Happening the best film of the year is like calling the Jersey Girl the best comedy ever made.

I would think that is hilarious if I ever saw Jersey Girl.

Lol...

Heep feels for The Tomato like Avatar111 feels for Night. It's unhealthy (the website addiction that is... not the fruit).

Not entirely true, but still a funny comparrison.

Do you think you could beat up Bruce Lee?  I mean, if you knew karate?  What if he wasn't allowed to kick, and you were really mad at him?

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2008, 05:26:11 PM »
Well that's the thing I don't think anyone could say what the best comedy ever is could they?

Well they couldn't. Comedy is different for everyone.

I lent my friend 'The Life Fantastic With Steve Zissou' the other day and he said it sucked. Said it wasn't funny at all. I've read 5 star reviews of that in loads of places!!

I might go and see what Rotten Tomato's has to say about it...

I bet I know one person who already has......

Lol I'm just joshing ;)

EDIT:

Yeah I suppose questioning the fanhood was destined to get an unhappy response...Lol especially since he'd been a fan for what like a day or something?? Lol like posted once on here then started declaring himself Night's number one fan haha. I couldn't be insulted by that though tbh.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:33:44 PM by steinmansbrain »

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:16 PM »

LOL
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #172 on: December 01, 2008, 01:56:32 AM »
avatar111 doesnt care about Night.
Its all a joke.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2008, 09:49:23 AM »
Despite everything,there is always something in his movies that makes me want to watch them over and over again.The Happening makes no exception,and that's another point for Mr.Shyamalan  ;)
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #174 on: December 01, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
Wow, interesting thread, never thought it would end up like this.  If you read through the entire thread you will notcie that I like The Happening, but as people brought up points I realised that it was not a good movie.  I always knew that the majority of people didn't like it, I enjoyed it but my opinion of it has changed.  Prince111, Elijah Price, and Cleveland Heep have all brought up very valid, and good points.  Avatar111 is ridiculous, I never thought I would, or anybody else on this site would have their fandom questioned, but this thing has gotten out of hand.  It was a good debate, and I have been swayed to the other side.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #175 on: December 01, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »
No,Mr_Glass,don't go to the Dark Side!!  :D
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
What, the story and telling were bad, the movie-as a stright up movie, was bad.  Also, I don't know where Avatar111 gets the idea that he's a critic, because he completely misunderstood Iron Man, his posts are ridiculous and I think he's just trying to get us mad, other people have summed up his posts better than I can.

Elijah Price

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
I have a great respect for Mr. Glass.  I walked into this (super fun) debate open minded, and willing to be convinced otherwise about The Happening.  Mr. Glass was on the "opposing side" and he also brought up some great points about the film that I had failed to recognize before.  I admire your courage and integrity, Mr. Glass. 

Oh puh-lease.  Have you read this thread at all?
Do you think you could beat up Bruce Lee?  I mean, if you knew karate?  What if he wasn't allowed to kick, and you were really mad at him?

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: December 01, 2008, 11:49:44 PM »
I actually liked the movie quite a bit. I realize it's not perfect (far from it) but I don't know, it's kind of a guilty pleasure thing for me. I just have fun when I'm watching it. It's just zany and goofy and whacky. And Zooey is easy on the eyes.

But I do hope Shyamalan bounces back one day. Hopefully...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »
I have a great respect for Mr. Glass.  I walked into this (super fun) debate open minded, and willing to be convinced otherwise about The Happening.  Mr. Glass was on the "opposing side" and he also brought up some great points about the film that I had failed to recognize before.  I admire your courage and integrity, Mr. Glass. 

Oh puh-lease.  Have you read this thread at all?

I think Marco was being a little sarcastic.  :P Elijah Price, the feeling are mutual towards you, I've enjoyed (for the most part) debating about The Happening and its good things and bad things, I was convinced and changed my opinion, this has been a very interesting thread, and thanks for debating.