Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films

Author Topic: Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films  (Read 36361 times)

• Wide Awake

Re: Yahoo-10 Worst Horror Films
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2008, 02:01:10 PM »

Sorry I was on vacation, I can assure you I am for real when I say that Shyamalan is THE BEST director in the world and will be for quite some time. He is one of the best looking men I have ever seen as a director, and I have a bit of a man crush on him.  If you are just a casual fan of movies, you might or might not like The Happening.  If you are a true M. Knight fan, you should love it.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2008, 08:35:48 PM »
I know we mentioned this already, and honestly this has nothing to do with this post.

A lot of people think The Dark Knight was the best film of the year. I did too.

But then I saw Slumdog Millionaire.

Hands down, bar-none, the best picture of the year, the last few years, and one of the best ever made.
I hope it wins everything!

Elijah Price

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2008, 08:53:21 PM »
If you are a true M. Knight fan, you should love it.

If you are a true Shyamalan fan, you would know how to spell his name...

I know we mentioned this already, and honestly this has nothing to do with this post.

Hands down, bar-none, the best picture of the year, the last few years, and one of the best ever made.

I've heard it's like this year's Juno, or Little Miss Sunshine.  I'm excited for Slumdog.

And just thought of this question (and this time in concerns The Happening) but do you think this movie could have been any better if it was in the hands of a different director?
Do you think you could beat up Bruce Lee?  I mean, if you knew karate?  What if he wasn't allowed to kick, and you were really mad at him?

LovMnight

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2008, 10:59:08 PM »
Wow, new to the post but I love the tangents you guys take.
Avatar, you are an idiot. Either you're joking around or are a diehard moronic M. Night fan. The Happening was not one of his best movies, and you're pathetic to claim that it  is.
Wow, Cleveland and Elijah. You guys are always on the same page. It's almost like you guys are the same person.

• Wide Awake

« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 02:07:05 AM »
Ok, LovMnight, I see your point.  I have not been taking this completely seriously, but do not disregard my point. My point is simply this: I love M. Night. I love his movies. I never said The Happening was on par with The Sixth Sense. The Happening is one of his worst movies to date. He can do better, and he can and will. However, upon looking at all the other movies out in 2008, The Happening ranks high.  The Dark Knight was a good movie. Duh. Beyond that, I have seen no other movies with the depth and quality of The Happening. Obviously the script and acting were average.

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #185 on: December 03, 2008, 06:43:26 AM »
I have a great respect for Mr. Glass.  I walked into this (super fun) debate open minded, and willing to be convinced otherwise about The Happening.  Mr. Glass was on the "opposing side" and he also brought up some great points about the film that I had failed to recognize before.  I admire your courage and integrity, Mr. Glass. 

No,Mr_Glass,don't go to the Dark Side!!  :D

Oh puh-lease.  Have you read this thread at all?

Well,if you talk this way,I must assume that you haven't read this thread carefully (go to page 2 and see my post,than you'll know).
However,I'm glad Mr_Glass understood the nature of my post,because it was meant for him  ;)
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
I have heard amazing things about SLumdog Millionare, just not sure if it's showing in my area. 

All I can say to that is wow.  :o
I honestly think this was a good year for movies, lots of new techniques, great stories, good points to be thought about, even the horror films tried new stuff. 
Elijah Price-if The Happening had been it the hands of any other director it would have been worse, no way around it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:01:17 PM by Mr_Glass.1 »
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »

That's superb.

Yeah that's directed by Danny Boyle aint it? (a quick google check would tell me but what's the point if everyone can just go and check google every time the going gets tough) Who did 'Trainspotting'? and 'The Beach'? and (my personal favourite) 'Sunshine'?

I'm probably gonna' see it eventually but not sure I can be bothered to go to the cinema for it.

Unless it is really really good and not just an obscure one that like some people love and others hate....such as....erm.....er.....

pfft mind's gone blank

:)

Elijah Price

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
Well,if you talk this way,I must assume that you haven't read this thread carefully (go to page 2 and see my post,than you'll know).
However,I'm glad Mr_Glass understood the nature of my post,because it was meant for him 

Yeah I understood the sarcasm.  I was being sarcastic right back.

(Sarcasm translates terribly through stuff like this... lol.)

I haven't heard anything bad about Slumdog from the small amount of people who have seen it.
Do you think you could beat up Bruce Lee?  I mean, if you knew karate?  What if he wasn't allowed to kick, and you were really mad at him?

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:06 PM »
I think I can safely say it was one of the best films ever made.
And if you get the ending titles, you get the whole movie and you'll love it even more.

But go see it before it becomes that sleeper hit that everyone sees. You can say you saw it before everyone else did.

In the Bay Area (California), it's only playing in like 7 theaters but all those are really nice.

steinmansbrain - This is THE movie of the year. See it in theaters.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2008, 12:59:31 PM »
Yeah, sarcasm is so hard to get across on the internet. 

I have heard so many good things about Slumdog but it's not showing in my area, at least not yet. 

Hey Cleveland, I know the movie you're talking about, wait, I forgot it again...I'll get back to you on that.  ;)

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2009, 01:24:17 PM »
     Actually I would like to see what Cronenberg would have done with The Happening, the man is in a league of his own.
GO SHARKS!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2009, 01:57:54 PM »
I actually haven't seen any of his stuff, yet.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2009, 11:13:25 AM »
It was a pretty terrible film... :-X

But yeah, top 10 worst of all time or just that year? All time? Nah, there are worse. That year? Yeah.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »
Yeah, that's basically the conclusion we've come to.