Saw V

Author Topic: Saw V  (Read 10560 times)

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Re: Saw V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
Well,I think it is a slasher movie.I don't know if it's the same thing,call them slasher movies,or splatter movies or whatever you want,but the point is that they all have iper-violent scenes to entertain (Saw,Hostel,I know they are different movies,but the main theme is the same).
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »
Namaste, Saw is a slasher film, no way around it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 11:01:39 PM »

..and this coming from someone who has never seen it. Hostel is nothing like Saw, except that the two are graphic and gory.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »

..and this coming from someone who has never seen it. Hostel is nothing like Saw, except that the two are graphic and gory.

Ok,but the essential point of both of them is gore and slaughter.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 01:41:01 AM »
I wouldn't say the essential pointof saw is gore and slaughter...I would say it was "cherish your life"
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 02:59:33 AM »
Mmm...I don't know...I think that was used as a pretext to try to make another splatter movie with something different from the others of the same genre.
Don't misunderstand me: I recognise the originality,but it still remains a splatter movie to me.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »
I know about the first Saw, many people have told me to watch it because of the story, just not the rest.  Namaste, I've seen clips and parts from the Saw movies, they're splatter movies, and I've done a lot of research on what's in them.  The Saw franchise is different from Hostel, somewhat, a little, I agree there. 
I wouldn't say the essential pointof saw is gore and slaughter...I would say it was "cherish your life"
Cherish your life as you watch people get mutilated and destroyed, and your supposed to enjoy the movie?  SOunds a little contradictory to me.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
yeah, because you havent seen it.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
I've seen enough of it, and read enough about it to know what I'm talking about.  How about all the quotes by the director and producers who said that they had to amp up the violence and gore in the movies just to keep people entertained, so the entertainment part obviously lies in the gore.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 03:45:36 PM »
hopefully someone who has seen the movies will post on this thread. They'll agree with me.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
Lol,I've seen Saw III completely,so I know what I'm talking about.
"Welcome to The Cove"

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Quite the discussion going on in here...

I am also not a fan of the whole 'gorno' (or 'splatter movie' if you prefer  ;)) thing and I doubt many people will see the 'cherish your life' idea that Namaste does. But I wouldn't doubt that an elightened one (and by that I mean Night fan) such as Namaste could take that from the film.

The majority of conversations I've heard regarding Saw or Hostel however are about the torture scenes and a persons enjoyment of them.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:56:48 PM by steinmansbrain »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
That's what I'm talking about, the point is to get people into the movie with the gore, and that's all they talk about when they leave.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:59 PM »
well would u think it's fair to judge a shyamalan movie by the reasons average people decide to go see them, and then what they talk about afterward? I think not.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 06:07:59 AM »
I agree,it's not fair.But here is the difference,to me: in every Shyamalan movie there is a deep (true) meaning/story that overcomes the superficial (fake,if you want) one  (ex.: "Signs": aliens on the surface,faith in the deep meaning).In Saw I can't see this separation: you watch a trailer from Saw,you already know what to expect.The deep meaning you said before ("cherish your life") is very poor to me,considering the whole movie.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:11:17 AM by marco »
"Welcome to The Cove"