Saw V

Author Topic: Saw V  (Read 10574 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Saw V
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »
How come Jigsaw doesn't let them cherish their life, so many people die throughout the movie, and so few escape.  If it's cherish your life then why do they have to keep upping the gore.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »
How come Jigsaw doesn't let them cherish their life, so many people die throughout the movie, and so few escape.  If it's cherish your life then why do they have to keep upping the gore.

what do you mean "why doesnt jigsaw LET them cherish their life?" he MAKES them cherish their life..that's the whole point. Those who don't really cherish their life are the ones who die. He doesnt kill anyone..he just puts them in a position where they have to save their own life if it is really worth it to them.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »

what do you mean "why doesnt jigsaw LET them cherish their life?" he MAKES them cherish their life..that's the whole point. Those who don't really cherish their life are the ones who die. He doesnt kill anyone..he just puts them in a position where they have to save their own life if it is really worth it to them.

This is true for Saw and maybe Saw II (I have partially seen Saw and never seen Saw II),but not for Saw III,I'm sure.So my theory about the pretext to make another splatter movie become stronger ;D
Then if we consider that Saw IV starts with an autopsy... ::)
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »
That opening scene was just sick, don't know why people enjoy that.  It's just a bit onf an oxy-moron when he want people to cherish life but he doesn't because he kills so many people throughout the films.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 02:27:45 PM »
Jigsaw never actually killed anyone. They all killed themselves.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 01:09:44 PM »
He set up the traps and everything for them to die in.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
yeah, but he was offereing them the chance to change their life. No one who survived was ever the same again. (that one girl went back to her vice, but she still valued her life more than she had in the beginning) it's a lot like that scene in fight club where they threaten to kill that convenience store clerk, so he sees the value of spending time with his family.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:16:05 PM by Namaste »

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 01:15:20 PM »
However,in Saw III they had no escape.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »
whenever there wasn't an escape, it wasnt jigsaw who did it.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2008, 01:19:57 PM »
I don't mind the character,but the movie itself,that is structured like a slasher movie.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
ok you havbe a point there about the movie having slasher elements in it (some sadistic killers) but the main goal of the protagonist is not to murder.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 07:16:36 AM »
Yeah,I think we've come to a conclusion  ;D
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:09 PM »
I can see what your saying Namaste and I dissagree with you about Jigsaw, but it is still a slasher movie, that's how it's classified.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:39:54 PM by Mr_Glass.1 »

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
I wouldn't have called it a slasher...

Does everyone hate me now?  ;D

Lol well I suppose when it comes to genre classification it's pretty much the same as with music - as long as something displays elements of the genre then you can justify it.

I'm just saying I usually associate slasher with the killer actually chasing his victims and killing them by hand (with a knife rather) and generally less focused on physical torture. More pyschological.

But w/e I don't even watch horrors. Except for one of course ;D (oh that's 6th sense btw...just incase anyone was gonna' tell me 'The Village' was a horror or something. Everybody knows that's an action comedy ;))

shadowbender

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2008, 04:33:33 PM »
I'm not attracted to slasher films either. I don't find it enjoyable.