Airbender's Cast

Author Topic: Airbender's Cast  (Read 34345 times)

Alana1991

Re: Airbender's Cast
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »
YOU TALKED TO BRYAN?!!! :o Wow so lucky. lol. XD

If they are the executive producers, I still have some Faith in this film. lol. ;D

happyelectrons

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 06:40:41 PM »
wow. like many of you I am disappointed. i hope it's not gonna look like a huge joke like dragonball. I'll reserve final judgment till i see a trailer or something. But my hopes for the epicness of this movie just dropped like 60% percent. I just get the feeling it's gonna disappoint. It's headed that direction.

Alana1991

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
Well lets hope it wont.  ;)

I might end up renting it instead of going to the theaters, depends on the trailer though. I'm still upset none of  us made it, seeing you guys on the big screen would have been great, maybe I will someday. ;)

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »
seriously i am sooo disappointed.  and i really dont want to judge the movie before it comes out.. but i really dont want to watch it anymore. it seems like its going to end up like dragon ball.

Alana1991

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
I don't know much on the Dragonball movie, I don't even recall watching the show so could someone fill me in there?

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »
lol just watch one episode and look for pictures of the live-action cast... you'll see what i mean.

Alana1991

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
haha ok I'll do that.  ;D

rizzol0219

• Wide Awake

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2008, 07:13:53 PM »
Avatar is an inherently chinese base period fantasy type piece. Bending is base on chinese styles. The clothing is similar in nature to that of chinese attire seen in chinese period films. The dragons are asian type dragons. Water benders are eskimo or inuit type people maybe? Swamp water benders only causasian thing about them is their souther drawls. Guru Pathik is east indian. The buildings are oriental in structure. All the parts in my OPINION should be casted with this in mind. Not saying that caucasians can not play parts they just better make sure the fit the character well mean the whole shibang! For example Ben Kingsley did a great job playing Gandhi. Joel Grey played the asian teacher Chiun in Remo Williams the Adventure Begins. Fisher Stevens played the East Indian guy in short circuit. Freddie Mercury (Parsi) played an british rock star.

So with that said if the casting, if true, I think the movie will be like a Warriors of Virtue and that I think somewhat worked due to some of the characters being animals. Forbibbin Kingdom wasn't that bad. Jet Li as as a Monkey look like it coud have been done better. I think more like Planet of the Apes type make up, but whatever. The main character's forms actually didn't look too bad in the movie.

Now if Naruto was made into a live action movie then a lot of those characters should be casted with caucasians although the names are entirely japanese.

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »
lol i showed the pictures of the cast to my brother. and he started screaming like a maniac. (in disappointment)

Alana1991

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 07:22:23 PM »
LOL. XD I thought it was funny when my mom cringed when I said Jesse was playing Zuko.lol. She said they probably casted him to draw in "Tweens", which is probably right. -_-. I showed her the rest of the cast, she doesn't agree with it either.  :-\  I looked on DA and other sites and it doesn't seem like any one is satisfied, very few are or they are indifferent. Overall not a very good sign for the movie. :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:24:16 PM by Alana1991 »

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »
yeah i actually think this movie isn't going to be too big. from the looks of it the fans don't agree.

Alana1991

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2008, 07:29:47 PM »
It really is a shame to see the fandom's hopes just die down. :( This movie had a lot of potential. :( Still, just hoping for the best. Meanwhile, I'll just concentrate on other stuff. :)

Sounds kind of Bizarre, but does that picture of jesse crack anyone else up for no real reason? XD lol. I think it's just the fact he's next to Zuko, and the contrast, I don't know. XD

*is getting strange looks.*
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:32:24 PM by Alana1991 »

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
Ummm...Jesse McCartney as Zuko????

Im sorry for saying this, but that is the stupidest casting Ive ever heard.

Im hoping Im wrong. Hoping theyll pull a Daniel Craig and make me love him but right now,
it looks like Shyamalan's made a terrible call.

Everyone else Ill give a chance.

rizzol0219

• Wide Awake

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
I'd like to see pictures of all of them before I make up my mind.  That, and I want to see them act and hear their voices.  I don't know any of them (perhaps they're not my generation, heh!).  But I don't mind the casting choices at all.

Prime example: The Lord of the Rings.  Costuming can do wonders for characters, and I'm not going to be negative about any of them.  I wish them all well!

I don't think this is a good example to use. Lord of the Rings was not an asain theme based cartoon. Or maybe you are right. Maybe they could have made Jet Li into Frodo Baggins and Chow Yun Fat as Legolas Greenleaf, maybe Maggie Q as Galadriel with movie magic...

Matt800

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
I wont deny that if this is the cast there is definitely plenty to complain about, and it may be safe to assume that the movie wont be as good as it could have been. Even so, we have no confirmation, and little knowledge about the actors. There is a lot we might not know so I am going to withhold my judgment until more information is released.