is this too geeky?

Author Topic: is this too geeky?  (Read 5979 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: is this too geeky?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
It might have done a little bit better, but not enough.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
It would have brought another audience to the movies-the bookworms. So many people I know who love that movie never saw it in the theatre because the wrong people went to see it. Once I introduced them to it, they were obsessed. Many of these people are the friends I made on book fan sites and in my reading club, etc. Lady just needed some good publicity, and the literary world would be better adapted for that kind of story than the average movie watcher.

Then again, Night movies aren't for the average movie watcher so I don't know what to say on that regard. lol But it still stands that people who read books often see the movies they inspire, so that would have added diversity to the audience.

At least the first time I saw it the majority of the theatre applauded at the end...I have hope for the human species in moments like that. :P
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »
That's cool, the first time I saw it, people just filed out.  Nobody said anything.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village