Razzie Nominations

Author Topic: Razzie Nominations  (Read 6645 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Razzie Nominations
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 12:04:03 AM »
I agree that Rahman's score for Slumdog isn't his best.  In fact it is average among his scores.  But he has done some powerful scores all along his career that he should have been nominated long ago.  I'm just happy that he got recognized for his work. 

AS for James.....i felt sorry.  Hopefully he will get one for the Last Airbender.  :)

Btw...he should have won for The Village.
What you see isn't always what u get.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »
Totally should have one for The Village! People will look back at 2004 and remember the score for The Village but totally forget Finding Neverland. Whatever.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 11:29:56 PM »
Totally should have one for The Village! People will look back at 2004 and remember the score for The Village but totally forget Finding Neverland. Whatever.
indeed.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »
Also, isn't it best original score, not songs, which is what Slumdog is full of.  I own Slumdog Millionaire, the soundtrack, because I enjoy it.  I also own Defiance and the others that were nominated, except for Milk, and Defiance should definately have won.  Unfortunately James Newton Howard just can't seem to get an Oscar.  I bought Finding Neverland too see why it won the best original score award, and was stunned.  The Village was miles ahead of it in emotion, beauty, and skill.  The Village is my top normal soundtrack (the Lord of the Rings complete recordings are my favorite), with Defiance right behind The Village.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 10:25:07 AM »
A little surprised.
Well do have him come forward.