How many times have you watched Unbreakable

Author Topic: How many times have you watched Unbreakable  (Read 9401 times)

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: How many times have you watched Unbreakable
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2010, 05:55:35 PM »
He's a very popular voice actor for American dubs. And he's popular for a reason-his voice is awesome. He's also really nice to his fans.

Some of his more famous roles: Dark in DN Angel, Ed in FullMetal Alchemist, and Tamaki Suou from Ouran High School Host Club (that one was a bit too on crack for me but it was HILARIOUS). He's in a lot more stuff, some really famous Animes like Naruto and Bleach have him in them, and right now I'm watching a show called Kekkaishi and he plays the main character, Yoshimori.

http://www.vicsworld.net/
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:18 AM »
So he is mainly an anime dubber.It makes sense,I suppose movie-dubbing is not so popular in the U.S.,land of movie-making  :D
However,they're all successful anime,maybe he's a bit like Luca Ward for us: he's probably the most famous Italian movie-dubber (he dubbed Reeves in The Matrix,Crowe in Gladiator and others,and also Samuel L. Jackson in many movies,Unbreakable included).
"Welcome to The Cove"

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »
Sounds like a talented guy. :) Yeah, we don't have much dubbing for movies here-well, Bollywood and Asian films we do, but I've never been exposed to much Bollywood and I watch all my Asian films in the original language (Chinese without even subtitles to help me practice). I just watch Anime dubbed or subbed depending on which one I decide I like more. lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
Jeez man, i've watched unbreakable like 30 times this month ;)
Mr. Heap is a playa!

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 04:28:04 PM »
I'm a HUGE fan of this movie...it is my favorite all time. I keep the DVD on my desk...so I watch it whenever I feel like it...which is a lot.

Is it your favorite?

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
I've lost count of how many times I've watched it. The first time I saw it, I thought it was just okay, but after the second time, it became one of my all time favorites.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 07:12:11 AM »
You know this was my first movie with Samuel L. Jackson in it?  ;D

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 01:50:24 AM »
4lfye:

yea. i think i barely paid attention the 1st time i saw Unbreakable. But now...Wow! I think I notice new things all the time.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
4lfye:

yea. i think i barely paid attention the 1st time i saw Unbreakable. But now...Wow! I think I notice new things all the time.

so true. it's like most m. night films...there are so many little details and layers that you have to watch them more than once to notice them all.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »
I love that about his movies. I remember the first time I saw Unbreakable, with my brother and mum, like usual. lol Sean got it and was telling us all about it and I was entranced the whole time, and then didn't see it again for several years. Now I watch it like every few weeks. I always notice something I didn't see before.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »
You guys should all watch Unbreakable after/while reading my post "Unbreakable: Broken Down" in the Unbreakable forum on this site. I've made a lot of comments on the lines and colors and camera angles in the movie (Shyamalan really used them effectively, and consistently)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:34:54 PM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »
I watched it again last night. Everything about this movie is genius.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
I keep it with the rest of my superhero movies, and I love it when people come in and are looking through my movies are are like, "what's that?"  Then I'm like, "You've got to check it out, it's one of the best superhero movies out there."  They usually end up liking it after watching it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 07:42:12 PM »
I know what you mean! It's amazing how few people know it's out there, and I don't know anyone who didn't like it. It's just so smart!

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37:28 PM »
'Smart' is so true. Genuis-yes. Underrated for sure. I read comics when I was a kid...I read lots of stuff. I was a big sci fi and sports fiction fan. But I wasn't a collector or anything. I loved orginal cartoon Spider Man TV series...and I watched the Justice League...I thought the 1st Spider Man movie (Toby Macguire) was really good...andd I loved the 'Heroes' first season...but I never really considered myself 'the comic book' guy.

But this movie...makes the other stuff feel like 'kid stuff'. It is just that good.