A REALISITIC CAST...GWAG STYLE

Author Topic: A REALISITIC CAST...GWAG STYLE  (Read 5086 times)

gwags33

• Futuristic (After Earth)

A REALISITIC CAST...GWAG STYLE
« on: February 26, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »

LI BING BING NEEDS TO PLAY YUE!!!

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
Re: A REALISITIC CAST...GWAG STYLE
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:25 PM »
Good picks!

Did you do the painting at the bottom? It's really good!

I recently tried this celebrity look alike thing on heritage dot com and almost all of the results were Asian women... O_o

Do you know the VA casting call address?

Thanks!
ジャクソン

gwags33

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 11:52:46 PM »
HAHA I DID THAT LAST YEAR TOO, AND I GOT ALL ASIAN WOMAN TOO. lmao!!!!!   ANYWAY...yea I do let me see...

9am-noon SATURDAY feb 28th
River Place apartments
1011 Arlington Blvd.

For Mongolian Americans, M & F, 5-85 yrs old.

1pm-5pm Saturday Feb 28th
Rosslyn Spectrum Threatre
1611 N. Kent St

For all Asian ethnicity

If you're interested but cannot attend, you should e-mail a photo, your name, phone numbers, age and availability to lastairbendercasting@gmail.com. You can get more information by calling 215-574-7878.

Matt800

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »
I think most of them are too old.. the main characters are like early to mid teens not 20-30. Then again the real casting is pulling the same thing, but I'd rather see younger people.  I also think they need to be a little more diverse to make the different nations more obvious... like if you wanted to go all Asian, maybe like Tibetans or Indians for air, Filipinos for water, Japanese for fire, and Han Chinese for earth. Although id like to see a more world wide represented cast but thats just my opinion.

~Cheeto~

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    I am a warrior...and this kid is the Avatar
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »
wow!!! cant stop looking at those pics.

asian girls leave me...speechless :-X :-X
 ;D ;D ;D

gwags33

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »
ASIAN WOMAN!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS ONE OUT...SHE COULD PLAY SOMEONE...JUST NOT SURE WHO...shes beautiful and hot at the same time...

AND MATT I DID DO A DIVERSE CAST...i did different types of Asian for each character, you just fail to see it because you like the all white cast. Can you not see that all the water benders are Filipino and the Fire nation and earth nation were Chinese and Japanese?

~Cheeto~

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 12:07:39 AM »
ASIAN WOMAN!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS ONE OUT...SHE COULD PLAY SOMEONE...JUST NOT SURE WHO...shes beautiful and hot at the same time...

AND MATT I DID DO A DIVERSE CAST...i did different types of Asian for each character, you just fail to see it because you like the all white cast. Can you not see that all the water benders are Filipino and the Fire nation and earth nation were Chinese and Japanese?

.....(speechless) :-X :-X
.......whoa!!!!

gwags33

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 12:35:46 AM »
MY GIRL FRIEND....ZHANG ZIYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Matt800

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 02:06:23 AM »

um thank you for attacking me and not even bringing an viable standpoint. Read my post before you flip out and accuse me of things.

I did notice you listed people from Filipino, Japanese and Chinese decent but the Fire and Earth nation characters you chose are mixed with both. That is why I said it might help to make them more organized so the cultural separation is clearer. It is just an idea, and I was trying to constructively reply to your post.

I also said I preferred a more worldwide diverse cast, not a white one... how did you manage to assume the opposite? Even so, Avatar is not an Asian show. It was created by two Americans, and funded and produced by American companies. It was not made by someone in Asia...A lot of the show's material is not even based in Asian culture. For example: the sun warriors, north and southern waterbenders, the swamp benders...Therefore, I think an all Asian cast is just as racist and short sited as an all white one (which I do not support). For you to derogatorily say I cant tell apart the different Asian ethnicities because "I like the all white cast" is untrue and an rude.

If you cant stand to see some Asian cultural material in an American show mixed with some non-Asian actors, then that is your problem. Don't insult me and imply I am a racist because I politely disagreed with you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:36:54 AM by Matt800 »

gwags33

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 02:33:33 AM »
Dude shut up, you remind me of Hilary Clinton. Always struggling to get your point across even when no one cares. It doesn't matter that the creators of the show were white. I matched people from the water tribe, fire nation, and earth benders to Asian people. I didn't match swamp benders, or anything else you mentioned. And so many movies and shows have been created by Asian or white, it doesn't make them less of what they are. You can't say Avatar isn't Asian, because it clearly is. Pokemon was made my Japanese, and it's not Asian. So saying that a show belongs to a certain race because of the creators makes no sense.

I love how you can have Asian names, houses, writing, martial art styles, clothing, and Asian religions and beliefs and still say it isn't Asian? Makes no sense.

ps: Not once did I call you a racist? So why would you say I called you a racist?

Matt800

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 02:45:54 AM »
I'm not going to argue with you gwags. You don't seem to read or understand what I say anyways so what would be the point?

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 09:52:13 AM »
He never said it wasn't Asian, he said it just needed more diversity and organization.

~Cheeto~

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 02:36:40 PM »
lets all just say our opinions and agree to disagree!!! ;D ;D ;D

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 02:44:02 PM »
Please don't make this turn into another ethnicity arguement! :'(

ジャクソン

Alana1991

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
*sigh* again people, really? XD

Dude shut up, you remind me of Hilary Clinton. Always struggling to get your point across even when no one cares.

LOL. Comparing Matt to Clinton is a bit harsh, but what you said about Hilary was just funny.  :D

ANYWAYS....about the last picture....hmm...Jin maybe? ??? or Ju Dee?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:32:42 PM by Alana1991 »