Heath Ledger's last FILM.

Author Topic: Heath Ledger's last FILM.  (Read 1799 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Heath Ledger's last FILM.
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:16:17 PM »
There is one last Ledger film almost no one, including his closests friends, has seen, and which may never come to a theater near you. Like THE JOKER in the last act of THE DARK KNIGHT twisting upside down at the end of BATMAN'S rope, the actor's final performance is hanging in midair. Ledger was in the middle of filming on director TERRY GILLIAM'S latest movie (The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus), when he died on January 22, 2008. His sudden death threatened to derail the project, a surrealistic fantasy about a traveling theater troupe. But Gilliam pressed on, recruiting "Johnny Depp", "Jude Law" and "Colin Farrell" to play different incarnations of Ledger's character, a charismatic con man named TONY.

Now three stars helped complete the movie. Who Will Release It? $30Mil Project.

Uniting to complete Heath Ledger's role :

Johnny Depp: Depp, whose work Ledger admired, had collaborated with Gilliam before on FEAR and LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS and an aborted DON QUIXOTE project.

Jude Law : Before Ledger was even attached to Parnassus, Law, a friend of Ledger's had talked to Gilliam about possibly playing the role of TONY.

Colin Farrell : Farrell told Australian newspaper last year that standing in for Ledger was "an incredibly painful honor"...It's about getting Heath's work out there.'

They all reportedly donated their wages to Ledger's daughter, Matilda.

------------------------------------------------------

I am totally impressed by the director and also by these three polite and kind actors. Imagine they win big awards for this role - it will put a SMILE ON LEDGER' face.

I can't wait.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:19:17 PM by Rohan »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: Heath Ledger's last FILM.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:34:31 PM »
Yeah, I remember hearing about that, just wasn't sure when it came out.  That's very cool of the actors to do that with their money though.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: Heath Ledger's last FILM.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
You know, I am really proud of these three awesome actors. I read somewhere on the net that Heath Ledger oscar statue will be with his wife until his daughter Matilda turns 18, when is she 18, she can have it as far as Oscar rules are concerned.

Rohan