Best Action Fims.

Author Topic: Best Action Fims.  (Read 10581 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Best Action Fims.
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »
3:10 To Yuma is another good action film. The music, guns fights and horse ridings were all perfectly directed.

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »
I can understand people being skeptical of Avatar and thinking that it could be a case of "all style no substance" and to an extent I feel the same.

However, I don't think there's a single project out there that I have more faith in.

I read that Cameron said his favourite part/parts of the film was the dialogue between 2 characters sitting alone talking. (yeah I know no source w/e I read it ages ago.)

Since he's wanted to make the film for about what like 10 years I think it must be a story that he really believes in and a story which would be good with or without 3D.

If it turns out to be like Star Wars in 3D then I will be disappointed.

shadowbender

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »
Cool how he said that but...What's wrong with Star Wars?!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2009, 08:24:44 PM »
I can understand people being skeptical of Avatar and thinking that it could be a case of "all style no substance" and to an extent I feel the same.

However, I don't think there's a single project out there that I have more faith in.

I read that Cameron said his favourite part/parts of the film was the dialogue between 2 characters sitting alone talking. (yeah I know no source w/e I read it ages ago.)

Since he's wanted to make the film for about what like 10 years I think it must be a story that he really believes in and a story which would be good with or without 3D.

If it turns out to be like Star Wars in 3D then I will be disappointed.

I agree. If it turns out to be like STAR WARS then A BIG NO from my side.

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »
Cool how he said that but...What's wrong with Star Wars?!

Lol  :)

I actually love Star Wars I own all of them but they really don't have any kind of emotional hold over me (I suppose they do actually but that's only cos of the nature of them...you see any character in 6 different stories over like 20 years you're bound to care something for them).

But anyway what I'm saying is I much prefer a sci-fi film with some emotion and drama.

I know like everyone on here hates it but I care much more for the slow paced less action orientated A.I. than any action orientated sci fi film.

Yes Star Wars fight/battle scenes are awesome amazing CGI ect ect but none of it matters once it's over.

But like the first half of Sunshine where naff all really happens is just way better. And if I can call it a sci-fi film (cue hate filled replies...) Signs focusing on a bloody family in a house absolutely destroys Star Wars.

I never get goosebumps from an action scene.

shadowbender

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 11:51:30 AM »
I get goosebumps from Star Wars, and the movies do have an impact emotionally for me. The action scenes in Star Wars are awesome as well.