Shutter Island:Whatever happend to patient 67?

Author Topic: Shutter Island:Whatever happend to patient 67?  (Read 17979 times)

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Re: Shutter Island:Whatever happend to patient 67?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »
I'm not at all a Scorsese fan (the only movie I liked was Good Fellas),but this one looks intriguing.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
I'm not at all a Scorsese fan (the only movie I liked was Good Fellas),but this one looks intriguing.

Great cinematography and film making.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 07:22:37 AM »
Another great movie,guys.This is a surprisingly good period in this sense.An astonishing story directed in a solid way.One of the best performances from Di Caprio,if not the best.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »
Ok, I saw this movie like a month ago but havent had a chance to review it. I thought it was entertaining and mentally engaging. There were enough subtle details that I knew most of the audience probably missed, that it made me feel like it was a worthy movie. I loved the whole "why are you all wet?" theme throughout the movie, and the little things that triggered memories and flashbacks. I'll admit a few of the twists really caught me off guard. If you're looking for a movie worthy of a Shyamalan fanatic in its creativity and detail (if not the depth of its "message"), then you should give Shutter Island a shot.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »
If you're looking for a movie worthy of a Shyamalan fanatic in its creativity and detail (if not the depth of its "message"), then you should give Shutter Island a shot.

Agree.

WARNING!MAY CONTAIN LITTLE SPOILER!
Probably the closest movie to it is The 6th Sense.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 07:20:35 PM »
Nice review NAMASTE. :-)

If you ever get your hands on Shutter Island the book. I want you to read it. It ruined my innocent brain. It is more twisting and shocking.  I have some questions though, if any one can answer it...

I don't want to spoil it... so let me know if I can PM anyone who have read the book or seen the movie and then I will PM you.

Thanks

mamasan

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
I've read the book, but I didn't actually care for it. Can't say why, though, because I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone.  :D

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2010, 10:15:36 PM »

the book. I want you to read it. It ruined my innocent brain. It is more twisting and shocking.

Yeah, I kinda caught some little hints to more shocking stuff that the movie-going public isn't looking for in a movie. I like the way it was kind of there, but glossed-over.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:35 PM »

the book. I want you to read it. It ruined my innocent brain. It is more twisting and shocking.

Yeah, I kinda caught some little hints to more shocking stuff that the movie-going public isn't looking for in a movie. I like the way it was kind of there, but glossed-over.

Yep. What do you think of the score, Namaste?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »
honestly i didn't pay much attention to it..might look it up on youtube or something

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2010, 06:12:45 PM »
honestly i didn't pay much attention to it..might look it up on youtube or something

It's on youtube. I listen to it sometimes. It's great.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 01:08:53 AM »
Just finished the book. While I enjoyed it and everything, I honestly liked the movie better. That almost never happens to me, but it did this time. Really weird.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 02:17:16 PM »
Just finished the book. While I enjoyed it and everything, I honestly liked the movie better. That almost never happens to me, but it did this time. Really weird.

:-) - Dennis Lehane is awesome.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 06:18:16 PM »
On DVD/Blu-ray june 8th....  ;D

shadowbender

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »
I saw Shutter Island a while back, and I got exactly what I expected: An amazing, thought-provoking and mind-bending movie. The cinematography is terrific and the acting incredible. The screenplay is extraordinary and I'm really looking forward to watching it again. Jackie-Earl Haley was fantastic as well. I watched it with my brother and friends and we had such a blast. Watch this, watch this, watch this.

I also recently saw The Road, one heck of a movie, very good, at times disturbing and sad but very impacting.