Robin Hood.

Author Topic: Robin Hood.  (Read 11809 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Robin Hood.
« on: April 20, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
The story of an archer in the army of Richard Coeur de Lion who fights against the Norman invaders and becomes the legendary hero known as Robin Hood.

--------------------------------

Nice. I smell oscars.

Directed by: Ridley Scott.

First look for Russell Crowe:

http://www.joblo.com/crowe-as-robin-hood

shadowbender

Re: Robin Hood.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »
This will be awesome.

shadowbender

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 01:01:59 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the link - it has the larger version of the picture.

shadowbender

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
Argh. Sorry Rohan, I didn't see you had the picture as well.

But yeah, I'm excited.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
Argh. Sorry Rohan, I didn't see you had the picture as well.

But yeah, I'm excited.

That's fine, but you pasted a link for the larger version of the picture which be saved on my computer for a while after I get home from work.

I am personally pumped up for ROBIN HOOD. My favorite duo is back. Ridley and Russell Crowe again in a action epic motion picture.

Ridley makes perfect movies and Gladiator was one of his best movies. I think there will be a Oscar nod for this one.

Ridley scott was thinking to direct "Blood Meridean" a novel by Cormac McCarthy which is one of Cormac's best. But Ridley quoted in an article I read on IMDB "To direct such novel into a movie - A director must take a blood bath". Now the project fell in someone else's hands. I hope they do better job on that novel.

shadowbender

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
"Blood Meridian"...what's it about.

And yeah, I'm really in the mood for an epic motion picture.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 06:51:57 PM »
"Blood Meridian"...what's it about.

And yeah, I'm really in the mood for an epic motion picture.

Same here, I want to see some epic battles.

Blood Meridian is set in 1800s, western world. About a kid 20s who gets involved with a famous GLANTON gang and a very cunning man knows as THE JUDGE, they are all after INDIANS SCALPS. Pretty brutal, violent novel. Beautifuly written. I think you should check it out...

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:30:29 PM »
At least he doesn't have the Kevin Costner mullet lol.

Just kidding, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves is one of my favorite movies, so we'll see how this movie compares

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Russel Crowe is just too old to play a convincing Robin Hood. Especially in a prequel.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 10:03:37 AM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Russel Crowe is just too old to play a convincing Robin Hood. Especially in a prequel.

You are may be right as I really don't know much about the story of Robin Hood, yet the plot behind his name is very good. I always thought Crowe would be perfect to play ROBIN HOOD. And also CHRISTIAN BALE.

In the picture, Crowe looks young and lean. I think he would be great. I trust him and Ridley. No complains.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 08:46:15 PM »
RUSSELL CROWE?S ?ROBIN HOOD? GOES TO REWRITE AGAIN

The word from the forests of Nottingham is that there?s a new sheriff rewriting Russell Crowe?s dialogue.

I?m told that Tom Stoppard, the genius playwright (Rock N Roll, Coast of Utopia, etc) and actual screenwriter of ?Shakespeare in Love? among other films, has been reworking Ridley Scott?s ?Robin Hood? from top to bottom.

The ?Robin Hood? screenplay is becoming a legend in its own right at this pace, with several versions already in existence. And paid for with millions. But the most recent script ?the one they were shooting from?was by Brian Helgeland. He?s not chopped liver, and probably added a lot of merriment to the scenario.

Alas, now it?s Stoppard?s turn to fine tune what Helgeland put to paper?or screen, as it were. There?s a nice irony here, too: Stoppard, who is Czech born, attended school in Nottingham as a lad. He?s also 75 years old this year. Who?d know better than he what went on there so many years ago?

Yes, ?Robin Hood? has cost a fortune already and won?t be finished shooting until August. By the time we see it, the recession may be over and Yankee seats could be affordable. But that doesn?t mean it won?t be great. Scott is too smart to let ?Robin Hood? become ?Waterworld.?  And besides, my spies say the cast?including Cate Blanchett, William Hurt, and Vanessa Redgrave?is just thrilled to be getting Stoppardian verbiage.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
William Hurt is a master with great lines. ;D
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »
William Hurt is a master with great lines. ;D

I agree. He is awesome. I love the part in THE VILLAGE when he is talking about the Ivy going to the town to bring medicine. He is explaining himself to the village elders.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 05:51:14 AM »
indeed.
::ponders, out of order, the 85% or so of that speech he has memorized::