It takes place on Earth!

Author Topic: It takes place on Earth!  (Read 4778 times)

Alana1991

Re: It takes place on Earth!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »
Look, I never said it didn't have Asian Culture, it clearly does, but at the same time to say it's strictly Asian isn't accurate either. Like the Inuit influenced northern Water tribe's architechture looks like it has Mayan influence. The Myan influenced Sun Warriors have some Asian influence. They've mixed things around. so what.

And, I never said it wasn't Asian influenced, look in my last post. There really is nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with pointing out the other cultural influences either.

This really isn't something to get all fired up on though.  

gwags33

• Futuristic (After Earth)

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
i wasn't talking to you. i was talking to air nomad. Did you not read my post, everything was directly pointed at air nomad.

and i didn't say it was strictly Asian, i said Asian and Inuit.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:47:09 AM by gwags33 »

Alana1991

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 11:49:55 AM »
Oh sorry. lol my bad. XD It sounded like you were talking to me too. :P

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 02:31:41 PM »
oh boyy...if it is based on Asian culture and beliefs, then what it is? SPANISH!!!?? OH YES IT MUST BE SPANISH!!

No, it's fantasy, because even though it has Asian influences, it's still a fantasy show setting, it does not take place anywhere in our world, so it's not an Asian show

But I can see you are set in your opinions, and I am and set in mine, so lets just agree to disagree and stop this arguement
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:38:56 PM by AIR NOMAD »

gwags33

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
nahh...just because it doesn't take place on this "world"...doesn't mean that they aren't surrounded by an almost 100% Asian world...therefore, it makes it an Asian show?

and just because avatar was created by Americans doesn't take away the Asian essence behind the show. 

but i think we can agree on one thing...we all think the show is going to be 10000x better than the movie?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:54:12 PM by gwags33 »

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »
Ok I really didn't want to get into but...
Air Nomad, just because it is a fantasy world; it does not exclude the fact that it's filled with Asian, Inuit and Mayan culture. so it will be considered an Asian world. But it wouldn't be because the inhabitants are Asians from our world,  but because it has the culture of real Asians.

Alana1991

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »
but i think we can agree on one thing...we all think the show is going to be 10000x better than the movie?  ;D ;D ;D

How about a million times better? lol. :p

gwags33

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
hahaha AGREED Alana!!! and once you guys see the how crappy the costumes really are, your going to crap your pants. they look like Halloween costumes...for real.

also is monk gyatso suppose to resemble the former Dali lama named gyatso?

Alana1991

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
That is unfortunate, because that's my biggest pet peeve with movies aside from a bad script.  :-X I hope the script isn't bad, I've seen the costume pics. D:

Ummm dunno on the question you asked. ???

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 08:19:26 PM »

Definitely  ;D
 You should see my topic on how different the two are going to be, I found a hilarious video that comments on all the things that might change

gwags33

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 12:30:34 AM »
hahah i saw that video and laughed...

ps: they better make azula indian...even though she looks nothing like a middle eastern in the show, her whole family in the real movie is now, so making her east asian or white is pointless. They should really make roku indian too....BAD CASTING CHOICES...

AIR NOMAD

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
hahah i saw that video and laughed...

ps: they better make azula indian...even though she looks nothing like a middle eastern in the show, her whole family in the real movie is now, so making her east asian or white is pointless. They should really make roku indian too....BAD CASTING CHOICES...

Do we even know who they cast as Pakku?  Knowing the choices for Sokka and Katara, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to cast Christopher Lee or Ian Mckellan for the role of Pakku LOL ;D  You're right, they're messing up the casting...everything is just so confusing

gwags33

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »
i saw his costumes in a separate room when i went to the costume shop for fittings...his costume was crappy...looked halloween again and span dex? weird. also they spelled his name pako...DUMBASSES

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »
Lol, remember the stand in for monk gyatso?! He had a maroon dress shirt tied around an orange dress shirt to make it look like this:

I mean seriously, wtf!!! :D
---------------------------------------------------------
I'm still hoping this is all just for show, and when it finally comes out its gonna blow our minds at how awesome it is! :-\ :-[

I was just thinking, maybe Shyamalan's daughter had a say in the casting... That might explain things a bit...
ジャクソン

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »
I was just thinking, maybe Shyamalan's daughter had a say in the casting... That might explain things a bit...

bahaha, good point  :-X            he makes some films for himself..some for them..and some for his daughter  ;)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.