For M. Night Shyamalan, The Gift of Elmore

Author Topic: For M. Night Shyamalan, The Gift of Elmore  (Read 2284 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

For M. Night Shyamalan, The Gift of Elmore
« on: August 08, 2009, 11:49:35 PM »
I came across this quite accidentally today.

:)

M. Night Shyamalan?s wife, Bhavna asked him what he wanted for his birthday.  Night, as Shyamalan is known, said, ?I?d like to meet Elmore Leonard!?

So, arrangements were made and Night and Bhavna caught a LearJet 60 from their home in the Philadelphia area and on Friday, Aug 7, flew to Oakland County airport close to Elmore?s house.

Elmore did not know in advance the exact reason for Night?s visit. Was Night looking to adapt one of his novels?  Pagan Babies, perhaps? With lots of really dead people in the Church?  Or maybe Road Dogs.  Maybe Night could figure or who or what was rocking the chair.  Or an original: something totally new.

Of course, it was none of the above.  Absolutely no Hollywood purpose for the visit.  Just Night?s birthday (actually the day before was.) Just a Birthday Boy and big fan of Elmore
enjoying his present.

After a tour of the back room, which let me tell you is a thrill, Elmore, wife Christine, Night and Bhavna limoed over to Cafe Via in Birmingham for dinner. Afterwards, the driver dropped Elmore and Christine off at their house and NIght and Bhavna headed back to their waiting jet.

How?s Bhavna going to top the gift of Elmore next year!

Source: http://www.elmoreleonard.com/index.php?/weblog/for_m._night_shyamalan_the_gift_of_elmore/
What you see isn't always what u get.

mamasan

Re: For M. Night Shyamalan, The Gift of Elmore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »
A private jet? Sheesh. I drove my hubby to a steakhouse in a Honda Civic for his birthday. And I thought THAT was really special. Thanks for setting the bar so high for us ordinary housefraus, Mrs. Shyamalan!  ;) Maybe next year I can let my hubby hold a little model of a private jet while I drive him to a restaurant. I'm even willing to supply sound effects to make the experience more realistic. And maybe a lifesize cardboard cutout of Tiger Woods waiting at the restaurant. ... Actually, I beginning to think this could be fun. :)

Btw, why on earth is MNS a fan of Elmore Leonard? Seems like a weird fit. Wonder what the story is.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:58:09 AM »
A private jet? Sheesh. I drove my hubby to a steakhouse in a Honda Civic for his birthday. And I thought THAT was really special. Thanks for setting the bar so high for us ordinary housefraus, Mrs. Shyamalan!  ;)

well..in all fairness, ordinary housefraus are generally not multi-millionaires
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

mamasan

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »
A private jet? Sheesh. I drove my hubby to a steakhouse in a Honda Civic for his birthday. And I thought THAT was really special. Thanks for setting the bar so high for us ordinary housefraus, Mrs. Shyamalan!  ;)

well..in all fairness, ordinary housefraus are generally not multi-millionaires

It was a joke, Namaste.   :D