Official News Thread: Shyamalan - Movies etc.

Author Topic: Official News Thread: Shyamalan - Movies etc.  (Read 11959 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Official News Thread: Shyamalan - Movies etc.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
I'm pumped about the new project that Night is shopping around.  Bruce is back!

;D
What you see isn't always what u get.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 08:42:13 PM »
He's such a good actor. When my dad complains about having no hair I always tell him "Bruce Willis has no hair and he rocks! Why wouldn't you want to be like Bruce Willis?" Dad thinks I'm crazy of course. lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Sri HK

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 07:04:50 PM »
M. Night Shyamalan Sets 'Buried' Writer Chris Sparling For Night Chronicles Thriller

http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/m-night-shyamalan-sets-buried-writer-chris-sparling-for-night-chronicles-thriller/

M. Night Shyamalan has set the second feature to be made through his genre producing banner The Night Chronicles. The project comes as Shyalaman promotes development exec Ashwin Rajan to president of production for the Media Rights Capital-backed genre label. Shyamalan and MRC set Chris Sparling to write Twelve Strangers, a thriller that involves a jury deliberating a case involving the supernatural. Sparling scripted Buried, the Rodrigo Cortes-directed Ryan Reynolds-in-a-coffin thriller snapped up by Lionsgate after a raucous midnight premiere screening at Sundance by the writer's UTA reps.

Rajan is the former agent with whom Shyamalan launched the company to produce projects based on the filmmaker?s ideas. The construct of Shyamalan's original three-year deal with MRC is to make one film a year with up and coming filmmakers. They've wrapped the first Night Chronicles film, the John Dowdle-directed Devil.

The thriller will be distributed next February 11 by Universal. That studio, coincidentally, is the major that so far has shown the most interest in the untitled Shyamalan-scripted thriller that CAA is shopping as his possible next directing project. I'm told Bradley Cooper would play a father on a desperate search for his missing child.  It might stray into Taken terrain, but the father taps into some supernatural powers to aid the search. THR reported that Cooper, Bruce Willis and Gwyneth Paltrow are loosely attached. There is no certainty a deal will close at Universal, and I?m told there's interest from some non-studio backers.

Shyamalan?s now preoccupied with launching The Last Airbender. Paramount long ago carved out  a pre-Independence Day release date. The July 1 date gives the film a shot at the family film crowd, between Toy Story 3/Grown Ups and the Universal/Illumination animated film Despicable Me.

Sri HK

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
For the first time we have a storyline!  It is good that Universal is interested in the script. Good to see Night working with all major studios.  I'm pumped about this movie.

:)

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:01 AM »
Yeah, Universal is pretty good. I also like their amusement parks. :D
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Sri HK

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »
From here onwards we are going to be a lonely bunch of fans (at least on the internet).  So is everyone still up for it?

8)

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 03:31:31 PM »
Hey I'm not going anywhere. The man has never let me down yet, even when the rest of the world does, and I am standing by him.

We don't need those other idiots.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 01:08:10 AM »
From here onwards we are going to be a lonely bunch of fans (at least on the internet).  So is everyone still up for it?

8)

My username is my answer to the question  ;D 

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »

8)

Steven Speilburg as been going down for years and yet he's still popular.

I can still enjoy M. Night, whether or not others agree with me.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »
Yeah, that's true. Though I think a lot of people stick around just to be negative, you know?

For example, I knew a guy, he wasn't into Night, it was another producer that I can't think of now, but he said "I just watch his movies to see how badly he fails." and I told him he really had to get a life if that was the case. Wish I could remember who it was...Jerry Bruckheimer maybe...

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2010, 07:03:06 PM »
Yeah, that's true. Though I think a lot of people stick around just to be negative, you know?

For example, I knew a guy, he wasn't into Night, it was another producer that I can't think of now, but he said "I just watch his movies to see how badly he fails." and I told him he really had to get a life if that was the case. Wish I could remember who it was...Jerry Bruckheimer maybe...

I can't stand people like that. Critics are one thing, but people in the industry should mind their own business. Guess he never heard of karma. Did you say this to his face? If so, good for you  ;D

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2010, 07:12:10 PM »
Yeah. People call me socially awkward because I say what's in my head. I call it brutally honest. The other day a girl was picking on a webcomic writing friend of mine for missing an update because her Mum was in the hospital. She said it was "unproffessional." I typed back. "Want to be professional? Learn to spell." No attempt at being polite, me.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
 :D that's funny :) would have loved to see the look on his face when you said that. anyone arrogant enough to make a remark like that needed to be put in his place lol!!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2010, 08:04:50 PM »
I know. His face went really red, but he couldn't argue with me, because he doesn't have a life, and he knew it.

I'm surprised my mouth, or my actions, don't get me into more trouble than they do. A guy insulted my faith at lunch in high school, and I wordlessly sprayed him in the face with my juice, and calmly walked away (a friend told me four years later that all the guys at the table thought I was awesome for that. lol) and I also said to a triple parking, extended-truck driving student at the school "That's a mighty big truck you've got there. Compensating for something?" lol Everyone was thinking it! I just said it. When you have 500 seniors and only 50 student parking spaces, no one should be allowed to take three. He drove a Nissan to school after that.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 10:05:04 PM »
i don't blame you for speaking up, especially when people say stupid and insulting things.