THEM

Author Topic: THEM  (Read 4742 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
THEM
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:14:23 PM »
Hello all. Thought I'd let everyone know that we're working on a new film, and we put the first teaser trailer up on the 'official' website. So if anyone's interested please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

The trailers pretty simple and doesn't give much away, and it uses the same style as the original Village teaser (and same music!) but the next trailer will show a LOT more about what the films about.

themmovie.weebly.com

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: THEM
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:33:18 PM »
Looks good and proffessional! Though I'm not quite sure about the name. Is this gonna be anything like the cult classic 'Them'?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 07:46:37 PM »
If you're talking about the one about giant ants, then no, it will be nothing like that. We've done the research and have actually found several films named THEM. Oh well...

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:40:18 AM »
Yeah, Ants it was. I haven't seen it (yet), except for that still in Cloverflield ;D

Anyway, good luck with the movie! 8)
We can breath in space,

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:56:54 PM »
I admire how you guys worked hard and daring to make a film. I have something to say, to me it seems that the body language of the actors are not good, it's saccharine. Not fit into the camera so the audience can understand their problem. I am sure there is conflict and pretty much 2nd act was shown in the trailer.

Movements of the actors should've been natural. To me it seems like as soon as the camera was ready to be rolled, they started their movements.

Too much day light. Sun. If it's horror movie - you guys should have shown Dark, Dawn, Dusk, in broad day light shots it shows the audience that it's a crime drama or documentary. Again, this is my point of view and I'm being honest. No disrespect at all.

Since the trailer is short. You guys should have add some text. Introducing to us the conflict without revealing much.

Cinematography is nice. I love the shots.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 12:54:09 AM »
Well I certainly appreciate the opinion. Yeah, most of it does take place during the day, but there are several scenes in underground sewage tunnels where some pretty wicked stuff goes on.

And the entire third act takes place during the night time, and is the scariest part of the film, so there's plenty of darkness in it.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »
Well I certainly appreciate the opinion. Yeah, most of it does take place during the day, but there are several scenes in underground sewage tunnels where some pretty wicked stuff goes on.

And the entire third act takes place during the night time, and is the scariest part of the film, so there's plenty of darkness in it.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Tease your audience. I like to see a new teaser. Make it more dark.
Show less light and make it dark.  I would love to see it.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 06:32:57 PM »
Yeah, we're already cutting the newer trailer together now. We plan to "unveil" it on Christmas day, and it'll be a lot less cryptic but still give a sense of mystery to it. It's already better than the first one.

But yeah, the movie's already getting a lot of attention around our hometown (the Oklahoma City area) simply because of one actor in it. He's the older gentleman who appears at the very end of the trailer. His name is John Ferguson, but in the 60s and 70s he was a local horror movie and TV host on Saturday nights on various television stations and had a cult following from that, so now everyone's interested to see it, which gives it a lot more attention than any of us 20 year olds on the film could ever hope to try and generate. We're very excited about it.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 09:56:18 PM »
Yeah, we're already cutting the newer trailer together now. We plan to "unveil" it on Christmas day, and it'll be a lot less cryptic but still give a sense of mystery to it. It's already better than the first one.

But yeah, the movie's already getting a lot of attention around our hometown (the Oklahoma City area) simply because of one actor in it. He's the older gentleman who appears at the very end of the trailer. His name is John Ferguson, but in the 60s and 70s he was a local horror movie and TV host on Saturday nights on various television stations and had a cult following from that, so now everyone's interested to see it, which gives it a lot more attention than any of us 20 year olds on the film could ever hope to try and generate. We're very excited about it.

Awesome. I can't wait.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
New teaser. It shows even less than the first one.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=102406763115495&ref=mf

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 06:31:39 AM »
Creepy...
We can breath in space,

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 09:22:47 AM »

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
Nice, very nice!
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »
ok..i've been following this since the beginning, watching all the trailers...but this is my first reply. The success of sucha a low-budget film is all in the acting. If you can't afford good lighting, cameras, make-up, effects, etc you MUST carry the action with good acting. Sadly, the acting in what I've seen so far is horrible. Technical camera work is also lacking. You're relying far too much on music . . . and you can't use that music in the film because I know you can't afford to buy the rights.
I'm sorry this has been so negative. On a positive note, it is evident you've put a lot of thought and effort into the project, and it may someday lead to you pursuing an education and later a career in film making.
Look at Shyamalan's old home movies from when he was a kid, they were also severely lacking; and look where he is now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 01:23:44 AM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
I'm not sure about it, but then again, I'm not big into horror movies.  They all seem to end up the same way, with creepy people, and gore in the dark.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village