Worlds Greatest Dad

Author Topic: Worlds Greatest Dad  (Read 3956 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Worlds Greatest Dad
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:06:04 AM »
Anyone heard of this? It was horrifically overlooked this year, due to a bad release date and very little to no marketing, but I honestly think it's the best performance Robin Williams has given in years. I definitely recommending it to anyone who's a fan of dark comedies (and I mean, this is REALLY dark) or a fan of Robin Williams. It definitely makes you think about society, posthumous praise (ie Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, etc) as well as generation x, which the two may fit together? Who knows.

Check it out.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Worlds Greatest Dad
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »
Generation X?  ???

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »
I guess Generation X in America would mostly consist of anyone from the age of about 24 and younger. You know, the "lost" generation. The selfish generation who look for problems when they have fine lives. And also (my least favorite) the kind of kids who TEXT DURING MOVIES AND DON'T PAY ATTENTION. That's generation x.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 11:16:12 PM »
I guess Generation X in America would mostly consist of anyone from the age of about 24 and younger. You know, the "lost" generation. The selfish generation who look for problems when they have fine lives. And also (my least favorite) the kind of kids who TEXT DURING MOVIES AND DON'T PAY ATTENTION. That's generation x.

Good to know. Thanks.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »
I've never even heard of this movie.  Unfortunately I'm in Generation X, but hopefully I can do my part to not make it look so bad.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »
I've never even heard of this movie.  Unfortunately I'm in Generation X, but hopefully I can do my part to not make it look so bad.

They are saying ROBIN WILLIAMS has lost it. I love the guy to be honest, but most memorable performance of him is - ONE HOUR PHOTO.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »
What has Robin Williams lost exactly?

And I agree, he was very good in One Hour Photo.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 02:29:57 PM »
What has Robin Williams lost exactly?

And I agree, he was very good in One Hour Photo.

The article that I read few months back after the release of "Worlds Greatest Dady" stated that Robin Williams lost it. The article was referring to Robin's taste, that he doesn't really know what script to choose. And to be honest I agree with the article. Robin is a great actor, he can be super funny and super serious. I think he should choose scripts real carefully this time and sign some serious roles. I like to see him in dark characters.

One Hour Photo impressed me big time.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:04:28 PM »
Well, Worlds Greatest Dad is pretty dark. I don't really know what that article was talking about, but in many was WGD is much darker even than One Hour Photo. It just has a dark sense of humor about it. I'd definitely recommend giving it a watch. Robin really knocked it out of the park. There's a scene in it forty minutes in (it's a big twist that I won't ruin) that he does and it really makes you want to cry. I thought he did an amazing job in it.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 08:06:58 PM »
Well, Worlds Greatest Dad is pretty dark. I don't really know what that article was talking about, but in many was WGD is much darker even than One Hour Photo. It just has a dark sense of humor about it. I'd definitely recommend giving it a watch. Robin really knocked it out of the park. There's a scene in it forty minutes in (it's a big twist that I won't ruin) that he does and it really makes you want to cry. I thought he did an amazing job in it.

I will check it out. I want Robin in M.Night movie -  ;D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 04:04:26 PM »
I've only seen Robin Williams in both Night At The Museum films, and I've never really been interested in his other films.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »
Oh man, you've only been exposed to two of the films that probably limit him the most. He's a fantastic actor, it's just that unfortunately he got wrapped up in doing a couple of goofy Ben Stiller comedies.

Some great Robin Williams movies include One Hour Photo (chilling performance), Good Will Hunting (won an oscar for it), Patch Adams (film is flawed but Williams is still great in it), Dead Poets Society, Mrs. Doubtfire (I grew up watching this), and any stand-up performance of his you can find. Robin's a very talented actor still, and Worlds Greatest Dad proves it.