2 different reviews - test screening.

Author Topic: 2 different reviews - test screening.  (Read 3713 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
2 different reviews - test screening.
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:43:14 PM »
I don't know if anyone read this before, but I find it funny as how these 2 are reviewing a movie which isn't complete yet.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/mnight-films/test-screening-of-the-last-airbender-2-different-reviews/312236286400

gwags33

Re: 2 different reviews - test screening.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »
OH NO...I WAS AFRAID OF THIS...actually bad casting, bad acting...BAD M NIGHT!!!

HOPEFULLY THIS ISN'T TRUE...I WAS IN THIS MOVIE!! EVEN THOUGH I HATE THE CASTING I STILL WANT THE MOVIE TO BE GOOD...ahhh

i'm not going to jump the gun...but from what these two guys are saying...this movie might be another mnight bad, actually, horrible movie =(

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »
I find it odd that there is one positive review and one bad review, but everyone acts like the negative one is the only one that counts.

I've actually heard from two more sources who went to the screening (and who I believe) saying the movie was pretty good and very good.

Also, Aint It Cool is a vile wasteland of angry, sexually repressed nerds. And I honestly believe that is a fair statement. The negative review came from someone who has been reading that website for 12 years. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. To read that much aggressively cynical, nerdy garbage for 12 years is enough to consider that person devoid of all sanity in my books.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:22:19 PM by Dr Malcolm Crowe »

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »
Can someone please give a link to the article which is excasable for Non-Facebookers?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Alana1991

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:23:28 AM »
I hope the bad reviews are wrong I'm gonna try to see it for Gwags and Kuzon (I haven't had time to go to the movies lately).  The effects looked pretty decent too. :-/ I really would have loved to see a different cast for Sokka and Katara, nothing against them, I just don't really see it. Even though Dev looks different than Zuko I can see him playing the role because he looks like he can portray it well judging from the pics. I heard hes a great actor, I'm so behind in movies lately I still haven't seen Slumdog Millionare. :-x

one thing that bugs me is how the costumes look. I know it's supposed to resemble anime/cartoon-ish and all but I still was expecting some better costume designing.

(Gwags and Kuzon, did the costumes look better in person and the pics were just bad?)

gwags33

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
sorry alanna but the costumes resembled halloween ones...not lying. It would be hard to recreate real ones like we saw in the show...they should of just used ones like these for normal outfits...they would have looked fine!!!

http://www.filmrecensies.tv/films/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/the-forbidden-kingdom-movie.jpg

the red one looks like zukos outfit already...GOD!!!

everytime i think of this movie it makes me soo mad...the only part i like about it was that i was in it!!!

hehe =)

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 02:22:35 PM »
I find it odd that there is one positive review and one bad review, but everyone acts like the negative one is the only one that counts.

I've actually heard from two more sources who went to the screening (and who I believe) saying the movie was pretty good and very good.

Also, Aint It Cool is a vile wasteland of angry, sexually repressed nerds. And I honestly believe that is a fair statement. The negative review came from someone who has been reading that website for 12 years. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. To read that much aggressively cynical, nerdy garbage for 12 years is enough to consider that person devoid of all sanity in my books.

100% agree with you, Malcome.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Can someone please give a link to the article which is excasable for Non-Facebookers?

http://aintitcool.com/node/43869

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »
Not gonna lie. Kinda worried about those reviews. Remember when people saw Xmen Origins without the VFX and they said it sucked?

Well the movie - with the VFX - sucked...

Obviously, I don't have to justify my ridiculous appreciation and awe of Shyamalan's work. I think he is one the finest filmmakers in Hollywood. He just hasn't proved that with his last few movies. (Gosh The Happening was the worst thing Ive ever seen).

I really really want these reviews to be wrong. But I don't know... You cant just say Aintitcoolnews is wrong. They're still around for a reason.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:45:13 AM »
I'm not worried about that bad review. The Last Airbender is a story that has children from 12 to 18 as main audience (with ofcourse enough people who are older who like it, but it's broadcasted on Nickelodeon. You know what I mean!). I'm 20, but I like the TV-show. This guy is probably much older then me. Sure, he may not like the movie. I mean, I'm not interested in the new Disney animated movie 'The Princess And The Frog'. That doesn't mean the movie is bad!

I think that for us (the fans), The Last Airbender is going to be exactly what we think/hope it will be.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Alana1991

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 07:16:45 AM »
Quote from: Gwags33
Sorry alanna but the costumes resembled halloween ones...not lying. It would be hard to recreate real ones like we saw in the show...they should of just used ones like these for normal outfits...they would have looked fine!!!

http://www.filmrecensies.tv/films/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/the-forbidden-kingdom-movie.jpg

the red one looks like zukos outfit already...GOD!!!

everytime i think of this movie it makes me soo mad...the only part i like about it was that i was in it!!!

hehe =)

Oh no, halloween costumes? Ugh. That's not good at all. :( I hate it when they do that to try to make a movie look more cartoon-ish. I completely agree they should have went the more realistic route. -_-* Well the effects looked decent...hopefully this isn't gonna be like Ember Island Players.

It is sad, the movie had a lot of potential and the reviews are just.... :(

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
I'm not into The Princess And the Frog either, Eric.
But it still doesnt change the fact that it was a good movie. Its nominated for an Oscar (prolly the closest thing to 2nd place behind UP). Just cause youre not into it doesnt mean youll say a movie isnt good.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »
I read both reviews.  I will reserve my opinions on the movie until I actually see it in theaters, which I will do.  However, sometimes I feel like Shyamalan is the punching bag of Hollywood and I get annoyed.  That's not to say all his movies are good, but it seems like many people just like to rip him because that's the thing to do.  I'm not saying that anyone on this forum is doing that, I haven't noticed anything of that sort. 

Hey Cleveland, why did you think Wolverine sucked, if this is too off topic you can message me.

One final note, my opinion on this movie does not hold as much weight because I have not seen the show.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 11:26:41 PM »
movie monkey
  I kinda agree about the casting for sokka, I'm sorry Jackson but you're too vampirish to live in the south pole...

best regards,
Jackson                       :P :P :P

100% agree with you, Malcome.
You guys are the best! :D Personally, I haven't even heard of the website until now...
(Gwags and Kuzon, did the costumes look better in person and the pics were just bad?)
I think it's a good interpretation of what the costumes could of been in the show, I could see the cartoons wearing these outfits too... like an alternative wardrobe...

The airbender costumes we had really does resemble the holloween costumes, but it looks like the holloween costumes have the bottom part connected to the pants... For us they had this semi-complicated layering system...  It was almost impossible to put on the costume without "Fudging" it up... :P
ジャクソン