New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?

Author Topic: New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?  (Read 11600 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810071569/video/18070297

looks pretty sick... where is my punching bag.....?

gwags33

Re: New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
eww..i hated it.

is this the one thats supposed to come out on friday?

the first trailer was crappy, the second was awesome...and this one is crap too...BOO!!!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 04:49:58 PM by gwags33 »

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:48:15 PM »
I'm gonna have to agree with gwags on this one... -.-
-------------------------------------------------------------
my list....

to be continued...  >.<
-------------------------------------------------------------
OMG, there is so much snow!  School has been canceled since last Wednesday, and is closed for the rest of the week... forcast calls for more snow on Monday...

http://www.pwcs.edu/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:08:18 PM by Kuzon »
ジャクソン

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm indifferent. I don't know, I'd just rather see one of Shyamalan's original ideas. It just sorta seems like he's selling out a little bit with this one. That's just me though.

gwags33

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »
wow jackson soo lucky!! usually we get all the snow up here in nh but the mid atlantic has stolen it away from us!!! we want our snow days, we havent had one since like january 20th... boo!!!!!!!!

and boo to this trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so crappy!!!!!!!! and boring, theres no YEAAA to it...its like there trying to tell the whole story withing a minute and a half, sooo bad!!!

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »
Somebody needs to Photoshop some freakin' ethnicity into those actors! :D
   At least the acting looks okay... :-\ idk.... (lol, I'm disagreeing with myself! :o)

-The airbending affects look cool except for when Aang "blows" people into the air, then it just looks fakeish...
-The scene where the waterbender is pulling water out of the ground looks kinda weird....
-Towards the end of the trailer when the guy is striking the bell, that just gets on my nerves... >:(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most of the stuff that gets on my nerves has to do with the visual and sound effects... hopefully they can work their movie magic by the time it comes out... :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
lol, I'd be more than willing to share the weather with you gary! :P

I'm really starting to get worried about the situation here... There have been so many car accidents this week, last night it was raining and now we have ice in addition to the slippery slushy streets... :(

The snow plows stopped operating because the county doesn't have enough money to pay the drivers... :-\  On the way home from work yesterday I saw one car that spun out of control, one car that flipped, and four cars that all crashed into eachother... not only that, but there were at least three snow plows sitting at the side of the road doing nothing! >:( :( ??? :-[ :-\ :'(
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:28:16 PM by Kuzon »
ジャクソン

gwags33

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
they should re do everything...this movie..by the looks of the latest trailer (which everyone is going to see because this one is going in the movie theatres) its going to be really bad. which stinks because avatar is the greatest show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

the actors need some ethnicity badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all of them are white except zuko...and he shouldnt even be middle eastern...why doesnt hollywood listen to real fan critics!!!!!!!!!!!

i hated how they showed so much of the "boy in the iceberg" episode in the short 1 minute and 40 second trailer...they don't need to tell the whole story in less than two minutes, thats why people go to see the movie...they didnt leave any imagination to anyone by making this trailer...its soooooooooo badddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont ruin the greatest show ever invented...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »
gwags33 -

what you mean by 'the actors need some ethnicity badly"? - I am confused. I am pretty sure that creators behind the TV show is with M.Night and M.Night is not the only person their making decisions as far as castings is concerned.

And Zuko played by Dev Patel. Dev Patel isn't middle eastern. He is an Indian origin. Yeah, he is based in England, but he isn't middle eastern.

gwags33

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 09:46:07 PM »
yes the cast does need diversity...the cast is all wrong...and even though india is considered asia and not middle eastern...i meant hes indian i guess...but zuko isnt indian in the show...and the characters arent white...especially katara and sokka, and the whole fire nation...

the only one who i would be fine with beign white is aang...even though when i think of monks i think of tibet...but yea...THE CAST DOES NEED DIVERSITY...and if you dont think so because your so in love with m night and kno nothing about the show then maybe you should watch the show which the movie is based off of...the characters and their world is overflowing with asian influences...

oh boy i hate the race game...i wish everyone saw it the way i do =D !!!

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
...and if you dont think so because your so in love with m night and kno nothing about the show then maybe you should watch the show which the movie is based off of...the characters and their world is overflowing with asian influences...

calm down buddy! :D This is a fansite for Shyamalan afterall... ;)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 >:(My brother is so stupid! There was an emergency announcement for blizzard conditions and he's out walking to his girlfriends house THREE MILES AWAY!!! I'm gonna kick his @SS if something happens to him! :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ugh, I think I'm starting to come down with something...  My great aunt was diagnosed with shingles awhile ago, I'm glad I already had the chicken pox! ;D
ジャクソン

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 03:09:09 AM »
Personally, I think it looks pretty cool. maybe not nickelodeon-ish (and i did like the series on nickelodeon), but it could be good..I mean, come on - it's Shyamalan! None of his movies turn out the way you expect. He's gonna dupe you all cuz you think you've seen it all. Be ready for a life-changing experience.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Alana1991

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 07:25:17 AM »
I take back what I said about the effects look decent this trailer showed otherwise....like it wasn't  awful but there were very weak moments. :(

Even though Dev is the wrong enthnicity he looks like the only one whos portraying the character well...Aang too. I'd recast Sokka and Katara.

Yue looked like she was wearing an obvious wig....this is annoying, they didnt even bother with costumes at all. They need to re-do this.  >:(

haha No Gwags I'm in the same boat, diversity is needed. My argument against you was only that they should cast other races than Asain....there are plenty of ethnic groups and mixed people they could choose from and still have people resemble the characters even if they weren't exact background. I honestly thought they were going do that during casting, but sadly that wasn't the case. :(

I really get iffy with cartoon-movie adaptations for this exact reason. I was hoping this wasn't going to be the case with this film because this was just a unique show with a great storyline.  But if they could make a kick-a$$ movie like Pirates (well first one) and that was based on a freakin Disney ride, there's no reason this couldn't have been epic. I've been convinced they took the lazy route, and at this point it's getting difficult to defend the film, the shortcuts are going to kill this movie. Big shame.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 08:06:40 AM by Alana1991 »

Sri HK

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
I totally agree with Kuzon, Gwags and Alana.  I see their point now.  Why are directors especially Asian directors racist towards their own people?

Shyamalan apears to be a big racist towards Indian people. Why would he make Indians the villains in this movie?  It was like what happened with Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain few years ago.  I was so pissed that he didn't cast Asians in the lead roles.  Come on he is the director of the movie and he could have easily cast some Asians for sure in it.  For that matter he should have made hulk with Rain or Jet Lee or some Asian dude.

I think Shyamalan is racist towards himself too....think about it.  Why would he portray himself as a drug dealer in Unbreakable?  Think about it.

:o
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
Gwag33 - you are funny.

Let me state one thing cleary here and I really don't know how old you are, but I like to make it clear here that I am not a fan of the show at all and I was never ever interested in watching AVATAR - THE LAST AIRBENDER. And, I am eager to watch this because M.Night Shyamlan is involved in this project and M.Night has my full support and I want The Last Airbender to make more cash than James Cameron's AVATAR that's how much I like M.Night to succeed with this film. He is a successful writer and director in my opinion cause he always writes original concepts and I don't know why most of the people hate him and wants him to stop directing or writing movies.

I am interested now in THE LAST AIRBENDER cause the message behind the movie is meaningful and I can use my imagination and to be honest I don't care about the cast, I just want to see that the cast is good in acting. So far, doesn't look bad from what I saw in theatrical theatre which was released yesterday.

I am not racist at all and I have no intentions to disrespect here anyone or any race or religion. I am happy that they casted white actors and Dev Patel as Zuko. Dev Patel is a good actor and trust me more people will watch this movie cause White actors are involved and again I am not saying cause I don't like asian people or race, but fact is fact, Asian actors doesn't have much screen charisma to sell the movie and it's business and I hope that you all understand my point here.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 01:40:10 PM by Rohan »

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:22 PM »
http://popup.lala.com/popup/360569483827576944

I totally agree with Kuzon, Gwags and Alana.  I see their point now.  Why are directors especially Asian directors racist towards their own people? I think Shyamalan is racist towards himself too....think about it.  Why would he portray himself as a drug dealer in Unbreakable?  Think about it.
lol, aren't you forgetting mnsf? ;) http://www.mnsfoundation.org/grants/applications.aspx

Remember that website that Paramount put in search of Aang? To the best of my knowledge this is the first time Shyamalan has worked on a film with Paramount, Nickelodeon, or MTV...... I'm thinking the "higher ups" are responsible for the casting flukes...
ジャクソン