New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?

Author Topic: New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?  (Read 12297 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: New Trailer : Are You Ready For Shyamalan's epic?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 04:36:38 PM »
First off, if the acting is good, I don't really have a problem with the skin color.  Nobody complained about Valkyrie where very few of the actors were German, because they did such an excellent job with the casting.  Second of all, don't base a Shyamalan movie on the trailer, many of his trailer have little to do with the actual movie and the way it will be.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 06:49:08 PM »
Kuzon,

M.Night Shyamalan foundation has nothing to do with the casting of THE LAST AIRBENDER. Can you explain yourself a bit why you mentioned the M.Night Shyamalan Foundation website?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sri HK,

M.Night Shyamalan racist against himself and his fellow asians? And, I am being really confused by what you just stated there SRI HK. M.Night portraying a drug dealer in Unbreakable  ;D - PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT HE PORTRAYED A DOCTOR IN 'THE SIXTH SENSE'. And a writer in LADY IN THE WATER.

gwags33

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
dude...really? you think that the movie will  make more money because of the casting of white people...i really dont think so. most people liked it for its diversity of Asian, Inuit, native American and middle eastern beliefs...the show is awesome and i really don't think that anything about this movie by the trailer looks good.

aang looks like hes shooting baby powder when we see air...and the water looks lame, and the fire near the cherry tree looks so fake too...and their white, thats the biggest problem to me. it really isn't hard to fine people who can act, who look somewhat the same as the characters did in the show...

uhhh i have a lot to say but i aint gonna, im just gonna shut up til the movie comes out...then ill bash it  ::)

and if you're trying to call me immature be watching this show, then apparently so is the "great" shyamalan...and maybe you should watch it, you'll see how amazing it is, and all the diversity and culture behind which makes it so awesome
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:38:36 PM by gwags33 »

Sri HK

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
Kuzon,

M.Night Shyamalan foundation has nothing to do with the casting of THE LAST AIRBENDER. Can you explain yourself a bit why you mentioned the M.Night Shyamalan Foundation website?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sri HK,

M.Night Shyamalan racist against himself and his fellow asians? And, I am being really confused by what you just stated there SRI HK. M.Night portraying a drug dealer in Unbreakable  ;D - PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT HE PORTRAYED A DOCTOR IN 'THE SIXTH SENSE'. And a writer in LADY IN THE WATER.

Damn it!  I need to work on my sarcasm.  At least my Ang Lee reference should have worked the wonders. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:30:12 PM by Sri HK »
What you see isn't always what u get.

gwags33

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:33:32 PM »
i love ang lee...hahaha he always puts my favorite actor in his movies...ZHANG ZIYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALSO LIKE ZHANG YIMOU AS A DIRECTOR...he also likes zhang ziyi...the most amazing person in the world!!!

Sri HK

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Ok.  I love Ang Lee's work too.  But that is not my point. 

Whoever still says that this movie needs more diversity is nuts.  I have complete and utmost faith in Shyamalan. 

Heck...i'll even go on first day if he decides to make a sequel to The Happening.

Sri HK

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »
Appa spotted by some one in the comments (last airbender fans):

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/images/gallery/trailer_42.jpg

Zoom in above the glider!

:D :D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:33 PM »
Gwagg33,

I never said that AVATAR - THE LAST AIRBENDER is a stupid show and it has no meaning. I like the concept behind it and like I said the reason I'm supporting this movie cause M.Night Shyamalan is involved otherwise I don't even care about it. To be honest there are many other stories and books that M.Night could adapt and direct or even  better M.Night could direct one of his own ideas, but who care now, TLA is his project and it's something that he was fascinated about and wanted to direct it and here is.

Yes, I will reiterate that casting white actors will make Paramount more money. Just imagine for one minute all the cast are asian actors first it would seem like M.Night Shyamalan left USA and lives in Japan or China and second it would seem like the movie is made by chinese/japanese film industry. Not that I have anything about the Chinese/Japanese film industry (they have some good films also and good directors and actors), but this is business.

Let me give you a example : The Departed. It is a remake of a 2002 Japanese movie. The cast was asians and do you think Martin Scorsese should've casted asian actors in the American version, too?

gwags33

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 11:12:12 PM »
omg... the USA is diverse...they can have Asian people as main characters in their movies without people thinking its a film from Asia...

and the only reason i talk about this film is because i love avatar the show, not m night. Its a known fact that he makes horrible films. im pretty much done talking to you rohan, i hate playing the race card because im half white and half Asian, but Asians can be in a film without people thinking less of it. and the show is very heavily influenced with Asian culture and stuff so the race should match the culture and stuff...

to make my point more clearer, this setting of the last airbender obviously takes place in a different time period then us. They don't have any modern technology, so i assume its a different time period. If you go way back in time, did white people live in Asian influenced countries way back then? NO...but let me guess, you're going to play "AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER IS A MADE UP DIFFERENT WORLD, so Caucasians could of indulged themselves in Asian influence, because I imagine they did!"...

yea I'm done, I feel lame for arguing with someone over the computer.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
Gwag33,

I never brought the race card here you were all mentioning that omg omg there are too many white actors involved. The show's story is a fantasy world so White people had influenced or not who cares as long as these white actors are performing well.

You like the show, but not M.Night? - That shows that you are still junior, hey I cannot make you like M.Night everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Let me tell you something M.Night always dares to bring something original and to be honest I was saddened when he signed to direct THE LAST AIRBENDER, but like I said before it's something he likes and I am pretty sure he knows how to direct this.

You have to be smart enough to get the point and concept behind every M.Night Shyamalan film. His movies are like proverbs. You need to find their definations.

gwags33

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 03:44:44 PM »
then its obvious that m night is a junior too, he seems to like the show too...and you did bring race up, you basically said in a nice way that white actors are better. and why can't there be the right ethnicity portraying the characters with good acting?

and the cast is annoying, and it does need ethnicity. and i can't think of 3 things that the Caucasian culture or race has had on the show...i can't even think of 1...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:47:31 PM by gwags33 »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »
Alright, I am done with this discussion. You are not getting my point.

Let's move on to something else.

==================================

If anyone knows about the background music in the trailer. Is it composed by James Newton Howard?

gwags33

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »
thats because you don't have a valid point. you just state the same thing so the argument goes in a circle..

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »
thats because you don't have a valid point. you just state the same thing so the argument goes in a circle..

You are still way young in my opinion. Like I said let's move on to different subject and I have no intentions to continue messaging with you. I don't want to ruin the environment for others in the magnificent forum. When you grow up you are welcome to buy the rights to AVATAR show and direct it in future. And when I am impressed I will watch it.

gwags33

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
yea yea
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:17:13 PM by gwags33 »