Trailer Screening + Image

Author Topic: Trailer Screening + Image  (Read 6831 times)

pauf2

• Wide Awake

Trailer Screening + Image
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »
Yesterday I was called for a screening where Paramount showed us a new trailer for the upcoming The Last Airbender, and I assure you: it will be awesome!

Everything went by so fast, despite the trailer was probably around two minutes. Forgive me that my memory isn't that good, and forgive my mobile phone for the low quality pic it took.

The trailer started with Aang running through a beautiful, lush rainforest/swamp environment for multiple seconds. Then he arrived at this cave, which he entered. As he walked in the total darkness, you could hear the narrator saying something like: 'You have a destiny.'

After a title card that said 'Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies present', epic images of the four bending styles flashed by. The only two shots I remember where those of an unknown Earthbending guy kicking two enormous rocks out of the ground and the Fire Nation Prince (I'm sorry, I've only watched the show a couple of times) kicking a huge amount of fire into the screen.

Then we saw a fierce confrontation of that Fire Nation Prince and the General played by the 'The Daily Show' actor, in which they yelled at each other what was best for the Fire Nation's future. The narrator had all these lines about 'faith' and 'destiny' and that there were people after him (Aang?).

Another title card that said 'this summer'. Then there were more shots: the gang flying on the furry bison, avoiding fireballs fired from the ships below, ladders pushed against a high wall that almost seemed to be carved out of the ice, fighting Water- and Firebenders at the same location (Northern Water Tribe), some dramatic character shots (one of them was a really 'touching/realistic' shot of the furious Fire Nation Prince marching across the deck of a ship, yelling 'I want him alive!' and one shot of one of the girl fighters with the fans jumping out of a tree [see the picture below])

It ended with Aang speaking to a large group of people (reminded me of the scene in James Cameron's: Avatar where Jake gives an encouraging speech to the natives) where he reminded them of the fact that although he was the restorer of balance, he could not safe the world at his own.

I'll contact my colleague if he knows some more about what we've seen, but for now, this is all I can remember of the trailer. It was funny because it wasn't scored yet, it was just sound effects, drumbeats and the narration, felt less epic than it would probably feel with a proper score.

I have no clue when this trailer will be out, but I bet that it'll be very soon. It was supposed to be a surprise (Paramount really wanted this to remain secret until the last moment) but I'm a big M. Night fan, so I thought you'd appreciate it if you'd hear some about this upcoming epic!

Feel free to ask me some questions, hope I'm able to answer them ;)

BTW, here's the pic I managed to take:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:04:29 PM by pauf2 »

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
Re: Trailer Screening + Image
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:16 PM »
wow sounds great how does aang sound

Rulm

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:25:45 PM »
Thanks for sharing!  ;D Greatly appreciated.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

- From the trailer, in your opinion does the acting look up to par?

- How are the special effects? Specifically the flying bison?

Thanks again!

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:41 AM »
very interesting. thanks for sharing. can't wait to see it!

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:14:06 AM »
Thanks for sharing!  ;D Greatly appreciated.

I have a few questions if you don't mind answering:

- From the trailer, in your opinion does the acting look up to par?

- How are the special effects? Specifically the flying bison?

Thanks again!

No, no, I don't mind at all, I just don't know if I can answer them all!

The trailer showed us some great acting, but most of the times, the parts they put in trailers, are the best acting parts of the movie. Anyhow, the part where Zuko (finally remembered his name) walks across the deck of his ship and the part where Aang gives his encouraging war-speech, was great acting!

The effects of the bending were pure awesomeness! The Airbending is a little ... weak, in my opinion, but the Water, Fire and Earthbending look cool. The part with the flying bison was shot a la steadicam, so they don't give a clear impression.

And by the way, I contacted my friend, and he 'cleared my memory'. He reminded me of Aang turning into the Avatar State where his eyes light up and he summons this HUGE WAVE (poor SFX, I regret to say) that smashes some ships against the rocks. And there was another part, but I don't want to spoil you about that, it's a great surprise!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:41:17 AM by pauf2 »

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
What was the music like?

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »
There wasn't any music yet, only some cool drumbeats in the first part ;)

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »
if the test screening only had 60% effects done is it safe to say it is the same in this secret trailer showing?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
Cool. No questions.  ;D

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »
hey paul you got anymore info on the trailer that would be nice ;D

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 11:34:40 AM »
Actually, I have more info. It's not concerning the trailer, because I'm not involved in that, I was just (as part of the Last Airbender crew) invited to attend the screening. I will give you a full set report on the sets I've been working on, because now the post-production's almost completed, Paramount and Shyamalan said that the privacy they wanted during the filming and post-production, is now less important as long no one posts any pictures and art on the internet.
I won't risk my job, but I noticed that more and more stuff starts to leak, so why can't I share my experiences on set? I don't know anything about the story, artwork, editing and SFX and I regret to say that I don't have some kind of a script, but I've been working onset so there are a couple of things you probably want to know.

I'll try to post a full report on here soon, but we're actually starting the reshooting (the pick-ups) tomorrow, so I'm quite busy at the moment!

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 11:44:30 AM »
cool look forward to a possible review also is it true they are doing reshoots because  of casting calls for extras came out

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1267918839&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

http://www.lastairbenderfans.com/Independence%20Casting%20Flyer.pdf

also paul do you have any idea what is being reshot?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:48:12 AM by Project 86 »

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 11:50:43 AM »
Yes, it's all going very fast now, because they don't want the film to be moved. I heard the decided it last week, because of all the bad reviews about the preformances of some of the actors and some rushed scenes. So there will be some reshooting the following weeks, especially the acting, and some of the fighting and stunts sequences need some more attention.
So I'll be having a hectic month ;)

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »
thanks for the info keep us updated or just pm more info ;)

clarize

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
hello, I'm new to the site .. it is true that the last airbender trailer will premiere on May 7? momo know something? appears in the trailer you saw? one last question and I do not bother ... you work on the sets of The Last Airbender? because he knows I'm from Argentina and I have some difficulties translating :-\ .. thanks for the info  :D