Promised Set Report

Author Topic: Promised Set Report  (Read 19121 times)

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
Re: Promised Set Report
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »
have they shot the flashback scenes of zuko and aang yet?

also not sure if anyone asked you this but is KOH in this movie in the show it speaks to aang in the spirit world or was something else used to speak to aang in the spirit world
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:47:54 AM by Project 86 »

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:18 AM »
I'm not aware of flashback scenes of Zuko or Aang, however there is are a few scenes (probably flashbacks) at the Air Temple. I know that the occupied Air Temple set was the result of 'destroying' the original set, which were greener, more lively and un-weathered. But those were just scenes of Air monks doing random/ordinary things at the Air Temple. Those were some really short parts.

I'm not involved Spirit World parts, because those are filmed at the green screen department. So I don't know anything about anyone named Koh, I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:02:01 AM by pauf2 »

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:30 AM »
How many Temples are their in the movie is it just the southern Air Temple(AAng's home) or is there other ones?

is the firebending teacher in the movie i think the name was Jeong Jeong in the show

also does Katara/Pakku have a waterbending fight?

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
There definetely won't be more than one in the movie, but it could be mentioned. However, they call it the Southern Air Temple in the movie, so there should be a Northern one too!

I'm not aware of a Firebending teacher, or someone called Jeong Jeong, or a bending fight between Pakku and Katara. We've filmed some sort of an argument between the two of them, but there was definetely no bending in that scene. It was about her grandmother and the future of the Northern and Southern Water Tribe.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:15:59 AM by pauf2 »

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »
thanks for the info do you know any other stuff being re shot?

Does Appa have any fight scenes?

also how much stuff involved earthbenders in this movie?

also do you know where aang meets roku for the first time?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:19:00 AM by Project 86 »

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 11:30:20 AM »
I can't say what stuff is being reshot, I'm sorry. But upcoming week I'll probably be involved in a large part of the pickups, so I'll try to give you an update about the stuff I'm shooting once in a while.

The only 'fight' scene of Appa is the part at the Northern Water Tribe I told you about.

The Earthbenders do make an appearance. At the other department I've seen this massive quarry set (which was recreated from the original quarry, because most of the filming was on location) where the Fire Nation has imprisoned Earthbenders in this fugitive camps with many tents and guard towers. I know there'll be an Earthbending 'battle' that took place on those sets.

I'm not involved in the Roku/Spirit World parts, so it's hard to tell, sorry.

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 11:33:52 AM »
ah OK thanks for the info

how is the comedy in this movie i know it is more grounded but is there any comedic aspects that you have seen?

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
Haha, those are some difficult question you have . I don't think this is much of a comedy film, it's quite serious, actually. The slapstick humor from the series isn't really in. I hope that doesn't disappoint you!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 11:38:13 AM by pauf2 »

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
hahah i know it is not a comedy  i am happy no slapstick comedy is in i am talking about is aang lighthearted and happy,etc. also is sokka completely serious?

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »
The parts I've filmed at the Air Temple, the Northern Water Tribe and much of the other minor scenes, he was quite serious. He acted as the big brother of Katara and the brains behind many of their plans and decisions. He really seems to be the hardened yet unexperienced second-in-command, while Aang is the first-in-command, despite he's just a kid.

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »
thats cool thanks for the info

Zuko is my favorite character how is Dev in the role also do you know how he sounds as Zuko i have only hear him in his British accent

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 11:44:03 AM »
Dev Patel goes totally American, in this movie. Neither British, nor Indian accent.

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
i have heard some good stuff about the Zuko/Katara fight could you comment on that

Also how does the bending and martial arts look

also looking at the trailer the blue spirit stuff just looks amazing  were you there for that stuff because just from the trailer that part looks awesome.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 12:00:44 PM by Project 86 »

pauf2

• Wide Awake

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 12:03:52 PM »
I know something about a fight between Peltz and Patel, but, it's been filmed at the other department (I thought it took place at the Spirit Oasis set). So I can't tell you anything about that, because I've heard some good stuff about that too.

I'm afraid that I can't tell you about the bending and martial arts too, because I'm just one of those guys filming it, so the editors and visual effects guys can finish it. I've heard some good stories about Industrial Light and Magic, so I think the bending will look incredible! The martial arts parts, are very grand and epic, as you might have read in the first part of the set report. In the background you see these warrios fighting everywhere. Every castmember who was part of a battle, was trained. Night had to interrupt the filming many times, because he thought that one single move in the background wasn't good enough, and then we had to reshoot the entire take.

Dev Patel also has some nice martial arts parts. Some parts with his sword (as the Blue Spirit, and as Zuko) and some parts with his bare hands. But compared to Ringer, he sucks. I've had the honor to film the parts where Zuko and Aang fight back to back at the Fire Nation prison/fortress.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 12:05:33 PM by pauf2 »

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 12:07:18 PM »
 ;D haha so Noah whoops some ass in this film