The Last Airbender will break records

Author Topic: The Last Airbender will break records  (Read 8838 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
The Last Airbender will break records
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:26:55 PM »
After watching the JAPANESE trailer and Kids Choice Awards TV spot I think THE LAST AIRBENDER will break some good records. I have this feeling. There will be people standing in lines and going crazy. I think I am going to have a costume on standing in the line - just kidding. Last time I wanted to paint my face so bad like JOKER when I was in the line at Century theatres for 2 hours for THE DARK KNIGHT. I still remember that night. People had to sit down on the floor. Some had their faces painted, some had JOKER shirts. I call that a movie going experience. I love it when fans go to movies with passion and I am one of them. Just to let you guys know a secret about me - I don't eat or drink during the movie in the theatre. Water is fine, but I don't eat at all. I go to enjoy the masterpiece that's playing in the big screen in front of me. Other secret I don't go to movie with a girl. I mean a DATE MOVIE I never done it and I think I will never do it. You know how girls are. Buy them. You have to get up. No. No. No. No - I want my movie experience.  I choose my dad cause he loves movies and he doesn't eat anything either.  ;D - and a buddy who is passionate and appreciate movies.

I don't want to digress to far off of the topic of THE LAST AIRBENDER - I am pretty sure I am going to see some AANGs and KATARAs in the line. I just can't wait guys.

shadowbender

Re: The Last Airbender will break records
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »
After watching the JAPANESE trailer and Kids Choice Awards TV spot I think THE LAST AIRBENDER will break some good records. I have this feeling. There will be people standing in lines and going crazy. I think I am going to have a costume on standing in the line - just kidding. Last time I wanted to paint my face so bad like JOKER when I was in the line at Century theatres for 2 hours for THE DARK KNIGHT. I still remember that night. People had to sit down on the floor. Some had their faces painted, some had JOKER shirts. I call that a movie going experience. I love it when fans go to movies with passion and I am one of them. Just to let you guys know a secret about me - I don't eat or drink during the movie in the theatre. Water is fine, but I don't eat at all. I go to enjoy the masterpiece that's playing in the big screen in front of me. Other secret I don't go to movie with a girl. I mean a DATE MOVIE I never done it and I think I will never do it. You know how girls are. Buy them. You have to get up. No. No. No. No - I want my movie experience.  I choose my dad cause he loves movies and he doesn't eat anything either.  ;D - and a buddy who is passionate and appreciate movies.

I don't want to digress to far off of the topic of THE LAST AIRBENDER - I am pretty sure I am going to see some AANGs and KATARAs in the line. I just can't wait guys.

Totally agree with you Rohan. That IS a good movie-going experience. Something to always remember. I love to see dedicated people and just one heck of an exciting night. The anticipation you feel with everyone else before the auditorium goes black is amazing. And when it does go black, that's when the chills start coming. I hope the experience that with TLA.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 10:04:41 PM »

Totally agree with you Rohan. That IS a good movie-going experience. Something to always remember. I love to see dedicated people and just one heck of an exciting night. The anticipation you feel with everyone else before the auditorium goes black is amazing. And when it does go black, that's when the chills start coming. I hope the experience that with TLA.

I love the feeling when I go to the movies. The atmoshphere changes naturally for me. I love the smell  of the popcorn even though I don't eat anything but I still love it.

FreakAboutAvatar

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 06:10:52 AM »
You forgot that the movie is opening the same week as Eclipse.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
I wouldn't hold my breath for any record breaking, but I do hope it does very well.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »
You forgot that the movie is opening the same week as Eclipse.

People are getting bored of Eclipse.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:26:51 AM »
Don't underestimate the crazies Rohan

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 01:09:09 AM »
Besides, it seems like Eclipse and TLA will attract different demographics

moonrise

• Personal Text
    never give up without a fight
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »
not necessarily, there are ppl in my school who are twilight fans but enjoy airbender as well (although they keep it quiet, most them have seen it at one time or another)

anyway, when the airbender cartoon series started, it attracted a lot of kids who are pretty much mostly teenagers (hence, the twilight craze age)

i'm not trying to be all anti-optimistic - i'm just giving my point of view because i was in the kid category when the show started
-who knocks at the guarded gate?
-one who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:01:53 PM »
i don't think you're being pessimistic. its only fair to assume eclipse will seriously take a hit on TLA. new moon broke records; theres no reason to think eclipse won't. the only question is how big of a chunk TLA can bite off eclipse?

i just think it's a bad idea releasing the same week. compared to other summers, this summer is pretty lackluster in terms of the number of tentpole movies coming out. there are plenty of other weekends to release. sucks for shyamalan.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
I don't why they are releasing this in the same week. In a way it's going to be fun to see which one will win. I am going for TLA no matter what. Not because its directed by M.Night Shyamalan, but because at least the story makes sense. I dont want to angry Twilight fans here, but sorry in my opinion twilight doesn't make sense. There are far better love stories some based on the facts and some made up.

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
4th of july is the biggest weekend for movies it as a great idea taking this slot also eclipse will have been out for 3 days by the time TLA hits

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »
in three days, new moon made 142.8 million dollars. it's gonna take july 4th weekend. like i said, the only question is how much can TLA bite off that.

im guessing TLA walks out with 64 and a second place spot.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
If TLA gets good reviews (unlike M. Night's previous 2 films, and to a lesser degree The Village), I expect it'll have legs to carry it. New Moon made most of its money opening weekend. If memory serves, it dropped over 64% the following weekend -- that's a pretty steep drop. Word of mouth carries most films; if TLA gets good word of mouth, I expect it to make a lot of money. Will it break records? At this time I don't see it happening for various reasons, but lets not forget there's a 3D option, which will considerably increase its total gross.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 07:58:29 PM »
Just want to note that the first two days of Eclipse's take will not count for the weekend. Airbender has a decent shot of coming close.