Films > Labor of Love

Labor of Love?

(1/2) > >>

Wags:
Hey everyone,

I just finished reading the script that's out there for Labor of Love.  And maybe it's just me, but does it seem like this is the perfect climate to make this movie?  I mean, it seems like a Nicholas Sparks novel/movie is released every month, and they all seem to do all right at the box office.  And Labor of Love seems to have similar qualities to what I have come to understand from wikipedia are the plots of N.S. novels.  So, what do you all think?

Erik:
I read about the first 20 pages of LoL (too lazy to read the rest) but I still think it's a shame it did not get produced.
I hope one day it still will.

Lifeordeath1:
I know this post is moths old, but I just wanted to throw my two cents out there as well.  I just finished the script Labor of Love too and thought it was written very well.  DEF a tear jerker.  I don't know why this hasn't been produced and made yet... I mean, this would def draw some viewers.  It has everything... drama, comedic moments, love moments, everything ties back to the beginning, etc.

It's a shame... what production bought this script again?  Was it WB or... ?  All this other crap that is being produced (Johna Hex, Iron Man 3, The Expendables, It's Kind of a Funny Story, anything with Katherine Heigle lately, etc... sorry if anyone enjoyed these films)

I'll go see anything that Shyamalan writes, produces or directs... whether I like it or not... I'm a dedicated fan and would DEF go see Labor of Love.  I think it would do very well at the box office even if people despise his name when it rolls over the trailer before another movie.  Wish I owned the rights to it, I would start production right away.  :)

Erik:
I thought '20th Century Fox' was the buyer of the script. I believe this would have been M. Nights first major film that would be produced in '96/'97, but around that time, everything for M. Night was put on hold. He had just finished Wide Awake in '95, but it was not released untill '98. After that, he started production of The Sixth Sense.

The original plan was to have this directed by M. Night. I hope they are not going to wait for that, because M. Night pretty much abandonned the script. I hope they will find an other director who is interested in producing this.

mnightfan4lyfe:
Yeah I also hope it gets produced at some point. It's too good a story to be sitting on a shelf somewhere. Who do you all see as playing Maurice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version