TRAILER 3

Author Topic: TRAILER 3  (Read 4803 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
TRAILER 3
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:13:16 PM »
I know trailer 3 is out at apple/itunes and I don't have that thing downloaded on my pc. Can someone please post a HD/HQ version of the new trailer on Youtube or may be some other links?

Thanks

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: TRAILER 3
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »
Found it.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2010/04/23/new-trailer-for-the-last-airbender/

Epic. Beautiful and I cannot wait anymore.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:15:14 AM »
Oh my god! I thought the teaser was good, the first trailer was better, the second trailer was even better...

This one overrules them all! Too bad the 3D version is real though... I guess I will watch this in 2D anyway.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
Oh my god! I thought the teaser was good, the first trailer was better, the second trailer was even better...

This one overrules them all! Too bad the 3D version is real though... I guess I will watch this in 2D anyway.

Same here. 2D for me. I will go to 3D the day we don't need those funny looking glasses.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »
3D is the bane of my existence. The only time it's ever gotten close to working for me was Avatar.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:32:35 PM »
3D is the bane of my existence. The only time it's ever gotten close to working for me was Avatar.

2D was awesome too when I watched AVATAR. No complaints from 2D. There was an article on the future of 3D when Peter Jackson and James Cameron were talking. Cameron said that companies are in process of removing the glasses and audience sit free watching a 3D movie.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »
I don't know. As much as I enjoyed Avatar I'm still not won over on the whole 3D thing and I don't think I ever will. I just think 2D is just fine. Not as distracting.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 01:53:43 AM »
OMG, I love it! this is crazy!!! :o

I kinda like the idea of it, it'll immerse the audience into the world of avatar... (yes, I mean the Shyamalan one...)

I remember going through the whole avatar phase... we would always be "playbending" and all that jazz... I'd be just perfect for my age group! ;D
ジャクソン

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 01:20:42 PM »
The thing is is that it's being CONVERTED, which is a terrible sign. They converted Clash of the Titans to 3D shortly before it came out and it completely ruined that film (from what I heard). So I think doing it here as well is going to make the film look terrible. I don't think 3D is necessary to "immerse" an audience into a film. Good filmmaking is necessary to immerse them.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:21 PM »
The thing is is that it's being CONVERTED, which is a terrible sign. They converted Clash of the Titans to 3D shortly before it came out and it completely ruined that film (from what I heard). So I think doing it here as well is going to make the film look terrible. I don't think 3D is necessary to "immerse" an audience into a film. Good filmmaking is necessary to immerse them.

Well said and I 100% agree with you. I am also concerned about this whole 3D conversion. CLASH OF THE TITANS was one of the movies I was looking forward to this year and I am sure that others were expecting a lot out of it because of the story and actors like Liam Neeson, Sam Worthington involved in such a project. Story is weak. The beginning is nice and all, but it gets weaker in the 2nd act and 3D is other big flaw in it. It looks like a broken cookie. I hope they don't ruin THE LAST AIRBENDER with this whole conversion. I don't know... I have a bad feeling about this. I don't know why they converted CLASH OF THE TITANS into 3D and it sucked big time and meanwhile they are claiming that converting a film to 3D is way expensive. So why so must waste?

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:11 AM »
I think I'm gonna have to agree with all the above comments.

In Airbender's defense, Alice in Wonderland was shot in 2D and then converted to 3D. I didn't the movie was good, but it made a great 3D Film.

That said, Tim Burton SPECIFICALLY shot every frame knowing how he wanted to convert it to 3D. So in a way, it was shot in 3D.

Unless Shyamalan KNEW in advance and storyboarded with a 3D goal in mind, I don't think this is going to be a positive aspect of the film.

Just a couple of weeks ago, in Variety Magazine, Jeffrey Katzenberger (head of DreamWorks Animation) said that 3D filmmaking was at a crossroads. You have your movies that are perfectly suited for 3D (Avatar, How to Train Your Dragon) and those that audiences immediately recognize are #@!*ty uses of 3D (Clash of the Titans). Katzenberger thinks that if movies continue to be converted to 3D just so you get the marketing campaign boosted, 3D films, whether good or bad, will stop being produced in the future because audiences have realized they aren't good and don't want to spend that much money on them anymore.

Therefore, it is important that Airbender be A REALLY EFFING GREAT 3D FILM or - in Katzenberger's opinion - it would just be another reason to stop going 3D.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »
Do you think this could be a sign that there isn't going to be a second or third movie?

I've been thinking about this all day and I really can't think of any 3d movies that had continuations... :-\
ジャクソン

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:02 PM »
i think it is 3d because it gives them an advantage when going up against twilight 3d tickets cost more money

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:06 PM »
Do you think this could be a sign that there isn't going to be a second or third movie?

I've been thinking about this all day and I really can't think of any 3d movies that had continuations... :-\

Yeah, but isn't 3D's resurgence relatively recent?  So therefore there wouldn't really be anytime to continue any movie that's been shown in 3D.

And as for TLA vs Twilight, I find it an interesting duel, seeing as how here where I live our IMAX screen is also the only one that plays the 3D movies.  So our theatre will have to decide which movie to show on the BIG big screen

Sri HK

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 11:05:05 PM »
^^ You guys are becoming like those kids on the tlafans website! 3D will turn out fine...

On a recent visit to Industrial Light and Magic (ILM), ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype asked the movie's visual FX supervisor Pablo Hellman (War of the Worlds) about the 3D conversion process and whether in theory, it would be possible to convert The Last Airbender, and we received an answer that applies well to the recent news:

"You can probably spend as much time as you have," he told us. "How good it looks is proportionate to how much time that you spend either if you decide to shoot it in 3D or you decide to do it in post. I think the one thing that you have to remember is to design things (for 3D). If you have not designed it in 3D, you have to have a specific aesthetic to it, and having seen 'Clash of the Titans,' this movie is different in the sense that Night's takes are really, really long. The average shot is about 500 frames, which is really long, and the camera movement, even in action scenes, there's a lot of stuff we shot at 96 frames a second just so we can speed it up or slow it down. The camera moves really slowly around the characters. That kind of design lends itself well to 3D dimensionalizing more than an action sequence that's all cuts; you just can't focus on things. A lot of it has to do with design and what you do with it, too. It's what we do with the tool that makes it either interesting or jarring and not telling the story."

Nobody is forcing you guys to watch in 3D right? Just watch it in 2D.  I'm planning to watch it in 2D first and then go for the 3D show immediately.   8)
What you see isn't always what u get.