TRAILER 3

Author Topic: TRAILER 3  (Read 5127 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: TRAILER 3
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:21:04 AM »
I'm watching it on 2D. I just hope that this makes some crazy cash so we can see the 2nd and 3rd movie as well.  I want this to have LOTR success.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 05:02:39 AM »
I don't think this movie will have a LOTR success. I mean, Lord Of The Rings was pretty much a movie for adults. The Last Airbender is more for a younger audience. Children from 13 and up.
I want this movie to be a success too, but I don't think it'll be that big!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

moonrise

• Personal Text
    never give up without a fight
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »
the 3d notice caught me off guard - i never expected airbender to be a 3d movie from the get-go
but, i agree with some above posts - as long as many of the really actiony shots were planned to be in 3d in first place, it will probably turn out ok
-who knocks at the guarded gate?
-one who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »
I don't think this movie will have a LOTR success. I mean, Lord Of The Rings was pretty much a movie for adults. The Last Airbender is more for a younger audience. Children from 13 and up.
I want this movie to be a success too, but I don't think it'll be that big!

The reason I kind of compared TLA success with LOTR success because studios make movies more for teenagers now. Not adults. I don't know if you have noticed it. Most of the movies that are not suitable for children sometimes don't make much money. And when there is a movie particularly made for children or young adults makes crazy cash. For example, TWILIGHT Saga, to some adults that doesn't make much sense, but those who read the books and those who are teenagers and young adults are more interested to watch it.

THE LAST AIRBENDER has big audience. And the audience is kids, teenagers and young adults. It will make some cash for sure.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »
Does anyone remember what the budget for TLA was?

Lol, one of my friends was saying that she's going to watch it in 5D! With further inquiry she explained, "once in 2d and another in 3d, 2d+3d=5d" :D
ジャクソン

Project 86

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
it has to be around 120-130 million at most  imo

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 01:41:25 PM »
I never thought about the budget of this movie. It must be $150M. I am not sure. May be, Malcome knows. Where are you Teddy? - Give us some figures and percentages :-) people love percentages.

@Kuzon. That was funny about your friend 5D. lol....

Sri HK

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »
Between, TLA only gets to play one week in the IMAX theaters before it makes way for Despicable Me.  So if you guys want to watch  it in on the big screen then it should be in the first week.
What you see isn't always what u get.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
The budget was initially $250m for all THREE movies. So thats $80m-something per movie. Frank Marshall said the first film will receive a slightly bigger cut because it costs more to create the entire world from scratch. So assume they added another $10m. Then another $5m-$15m for 3D. All-in-all the 'production' budget is probably in the $110 range.

Secondly, there will be no IMAX release for this movie... or Despicable Me... so idk what Sri Hk is talking about.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 03:03:32 PM by Dr Malcolm Crowe »

Sri HK

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »
^^ May be you are correct.  I read this few days ago:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/04/march_is_the_new_may_how_3d_pu.html

I guess they are just referring to Real 3D screens.
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
The budget was initially $250m for all THREE movies. So thats $80m-something per movie. Frank Marshall said the first film will receive a slightly bigger cut because it costs more to create the entire world from scratch. So assume they added another $10m. Then another $5m-$15m for 3D. All-in-all the 'production' budget is probably in the $110 range.

Secondly, there will be no IMAX release for this movie... or Despicable Me... so idk what Sri Hk is talking about.

WOW! - Now Teddy is our senior analyst and I knew this guy had some accurate information. Actually he always does. Great to have you here, Teddy.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »
I'm not worried about the 3D conversion -- the people behind Avatar are taking care of that, and the producer claims they've planned on making TLA 3D from the beginning; the screenplay was written with the thought in mind. So this won't be another Clash of the Titans failure. I don't think it'll be as eye-popping as Avatar, but I bet it'll look better than Alice in Wonderland.