Super 8

Author Topic: Super 8  (Read 5115 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Super 8
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:26:08 PM »

Alright. Since this movie is going to be the topic of the town until its official release next summer I thought why not open a thread and discuss about it. Jokes are aside, J.J. Abrams knows how to market his projects and we have to give this guy a round of applause  - Check out the websites here.

http://www.super8-movie.com/

http://www.scariestthingieversaw.com - A viral site.

Again this movie is not related to Cloverfield and also it is not related to Oren Peli's AREA 51. I don't know how Oren Peli will market his project since his story also invovles aliens. We will see that later, but for now let's stick to Super 8. I am actually glad that this is not handheld shot like Cloverfield.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok. The scariest thing ever saw viral website is actually little bit spooky guys. When you enter the site a DOS Prompt opens. Of course you enter Y for yes to continue. In the end it will ask you "Press any button to continue" you do that. YOu will have to wait for it to load. I didn't wait cause it was taking forever and I don't have the patience.

So what you need to do is hit the tab button and you will see some yellow boxes. When my yellow box showed up at the end. I hit enter and nothing else happened except a sound. Sound of music and it reminded me of Close Encounters.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: Super 8
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »
On IMDB - some are claiming that the creature in Super-8 is a big foot.

The following is an exerpt from the forum from one of the members.

Hmmmm, think about it. Bigfoot rumors started to circulate around the late 60's early 70's. The train crash, im guessing, happens in Ohio, probably near the smokey mountains where some bigfoot sightings have occured. And something large is pounding on the steel doors after the crash. Could it be bigfoot. It could obviously fit him. Could Area 51 have kept him in captivity for this long? Was this how he escaped and fled into the woods? Lastly, the very first and now famous footage of bigfoot that we have all taken a glimpse of on either Discovery or Sci-Fi, was filmed with what? Yep, you guessed it.....a Super 8 camera.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 04:23:56 AM »
I saw the treaser yesterday. I don't think it is bigfood.

It looks like the creature, hidden in the train, is not only strong, but it can move objects without touching them. We had the car, that suddenly drove onto the tracks and hit the train front-to-front. That is no ordinairy train/car collision.
Besides that, while the 'thing' is pushing the car he was carried in, you can see that there is a wheel spinning. The wheel that opens the door. How did that get spinning?

If you'd ask me, I'd say the 'thing' made the car crash into the train.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »
I saw the treaser yesterday. I don't think it is bigfood.

It looks like the creature, hidden in the train, is not only strong, but it can move objects without touching them. We had the car, that suddenly drove onto the tracks and hit the train front-to-front. That is no ordinairy train/car collision.
Besides that, while the 'thing' is pushing the car he was carried in, you can see that there is a wheel spinning. The wheel that opens the door. How did that get spinning?

If you'd ask me, I'd say the 'thing' made the car crash into the train.

Great point. I never thought about it. Awesome point. Interesting thing to think about.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:01:32 AM »
i don't know but i trust j.j. Abrams to bring something very interesting. he is one of my favorites.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 08:10:32 PM »
Yep. I trust J.J. Abrams too.

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:03:05 AM »
This looks like an alien movie. I remeber hearing that Abrams really likes the movies of Steven Spielberg. The connection of Abrams and Spielberg together on a new movie sounds good.

Big foot should be in it. Yes! :)
Well do have him come forward.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
This looks like an alien movie. I remeber hearing that Abrams really likes the movies of Steven Spielberg. The connection of Abrams and Spielberg together on a new movie sounds good.

Big foot should be in it. Yes! :)

;D ----  Kill me with a axe.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
I don't really like J.J. Abrams. Everything he's done either gave me a headache, seizures, or made me throw up.

But that's just me. XD
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »
I don't really like J.J. Abrams. Everything he's done either gave me a headache, seizures, or made me throw up.

But that's just me. XD

Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 04:13:39 PM »
It's his cinematography, I'm afraid.  :-\
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
It's his cinematography, I'm afraid.  :-\

Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I love J.J. Abrams' work.  He's one of the best, I think.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I love J.J. Abrams' work.  He's one of the best, I think.

Yep. I agree. J.J is awesome. Wouldn't this be awesome if J.J Abrams and Shyamalan come together for a project about space. May be a whole new idea. Much better than AVATAR and STAR WARS and even STAR TREK. Something unique with lots of action, drama and supernatural stuff. I think their team will blow out the AVATAR box office stamina.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »
I might have an aneurism if they did that but it would be interesting. Just let Night do the cinematography. And no more butchery of Star Trek! lol (Abrams' other stuff is ok from what I can get through but THAT was AWFUL).