The Tartutic's Justice

Author Topic: The Tartutic's Justice  (Read 3318 times)

Mr. Heep

• Wide Awake

• Email
The Tartutic's Justice
« on: June 04, 2010, 11:14:55 PM »
I've been pondering this for some time, and I made sure there wasn't another topic about this already, so...

It is said that the Tartutic "were born so evil that they killed their parents on the night they were born." "The fear of them has kept justice in The Blue World for centuries."

They're the lawkeepers, right? What I'm wondering is, how can such evil creatures have anything to do keeping justice? Isn't that a contradiction?

Or was it a mistranslation on the part of Young-Soon? Are they more like stoical entities like the Fates?

They call me Mr. Glass/Tibbs

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: The Tartutic's Justice
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
I don't know, this is the ONE thing about it that makes my best friend NOT like the movie, no matter what I say. lol Tragic.

What I think is, well, if you're an evil creature, you delight in pain and suffering, and death, right? If every being in this world has a purpose like Story says, would it not make sense to put the Tartutic in a place where they could satisfy their evil desires without harming innocents? So long as they have creatures to kill, like rogue scrunts, they won't harm those who abide by the laws. Either that, or there's an even greater force above them that they fear so they stay within limits.

I hope that made some sense. I'm half asleep at the moment.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Mr. Heep

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 03:16:46 AM »
Actually yeah, that does make sense to me... You got me thinking now. :D

I guess if you break just one law in the Blue World they'd consider it an excuse to exact punishment on you, and because they're so evil it'd only be natural to them to make the punishment a very, very harsh one, no matter what the crime. The only reason they don't just go off at everyone is because they understand there's a world to keep under their control, and being evil to everyone would only cause chaos.

They call me Mr. Glass/Tibbs

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »
It's an unusual setup, but it brings balance...
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.