New Shyamalan Movie?

Author Topic: New Shyamalan Movie?  (Read 9563 times)

Wags

• The Happening

New Shyamalan Movie?
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:57:06 PM »
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67190

M. Night Shyamalan has completed a script for a new film and already has some stars lined up, reports Heat Vision.

Outside of a "loosely attached" cast that includes Bruce Willis, Bradley Cooper and Gwyneth Paltrow, almost nothing is known about the project. Shyamalan is reportedly shopping the script to various studios with his trademark secrecy, offering reads to only to highest level executives with a personal assistant on hand at all times to take the script back once the read is completed.

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: New Shyamalan Movie?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »
Anything with Bruce Willis in it has got to be good. Maybe it's Unbreakable 2. lol If it is I totally want to be a baddie. XD
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

ShockWave

• Wide Awake

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
This sounds pretty cool.  As much as I love Unbreakable, I would love to see something new from Night other than a Unbreakable sequel.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
hope it's true... whether it's Unbreakable 2 or something brand new. i like bruce willis.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »
Hehehe. Either way, I'm excited!
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »
I found this article that gives a little more info on the new script. According to them, it's not Unbreakable 2 but a movie "that supposedly the attached Bradley Cooper would play a father desperately searching for his child. The site says ?It might stray into Taken terrain, but the father taps into some supernatural powers to aid the search.? Universal is currently the most interested studio, but the film could end up somewhere else, and the attached cast isn?t final by any means."

here's the link....
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/23/buried-screenwriter-to-pen-twelve-strangers-for-producer-m-night-shyamalan/

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
Oooohhhhhhh NOW I'm interested.

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 01:05:21 AM »
YESS!!! Something new to talk about on the forum!!!!! ;D

Even if it isn't a U2 maybe he'll tie the two stories together, like make them neighbors or something... ::)
ジャクソン

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 02:28:40 AM »
Well, as of yesterday he still didn't have a buyer for the movie.  I wonder if all this negativity I have been reading about The Last Airbender will harm the chances of him getting it made.  I sure hope not, but man some of this stuff I've been reading is brutal.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »
Critics are always bad for good movies and good for bad movies, I've noticed.

Unbreakable888

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »
What if the father could "see" what was happening as he was dreaming? That would be something new and kind of cool.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »
Well it would be plausible. I've actually had "Dream Seeing" episodes. A lot of them. Nothing movie worthy though. lol

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »

Not sure if this deserves a whole topic, but I just read online that there may be some buyers for Night's next movie.  From Night himself (allegedly):

?I?m writing a screenplay now for my new idea for a thriller and two studios want to make it.?

I take it as good news.  After the Airbender hate, I feared he might have a little trouble getting a studio to go with his next movie.

Source: http://www.filmshaft.com/m-night-shyamalan-next-project-update/

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 03:00:58 PM »
Well people are always harassing him for "thrillers" so maybe they're leaping at a chance to be part of his "comeback" (comeback from what? The only movie of his that needs polishing is Airbender and even that got a worse rap than it should have).

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »
Well people are always harassing him for "thrillers" so maybe they're leaping at a chance to be part of his "comeback" (comeback from what? The only movie of his that needs polishing is Airbender and even that got a worse rap than it should have).

Completely disagree. For me, it started with Lady in the Water and it was down-hill from there. I saw a few hints of 'uh-oh' during The Village, but that's one that has grown on me. I would put it in the middle of his thrillers, in terms of quality.

I think the biggest problem Night has at the moment is that he's creating movies for HIMSELF, rather than for the audience. He claims his best movies are Lady in the Water and The Village--movies that most of the public and critics would completely disagree with. Why does he think these are his best movies? Because they're personal to him. What about the public??? He's forgotten the audience. /rant.