Twelve Strangers - Official Thread - News, Articles, Teasers, Trailers, Release

Author Topic: Twelve Strangers - Official Thread - News, Articles, Teasers, Trailers, Release  (Read 3374 times)

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Here's the official thread for talking about the second film in the Night Chronicles: Twelve Strangers!

Sri HK

Awww...come on man.  I was planning to start the official thread. :)

Yup, excited about the project!   :)
What you see isn't always what u get.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
Ha ha!  That was quick!  I saw that you had started the other two.  Sorry about that.  :-D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
This is about a Jury and supernatural. I don't know what to say.  :-X

Sri HK

Ha ha!  That was quick!  I saw that you had started the other two.  Sorry about that.  :-D

No problem.  ;D

Sri HK

This is about a Jury and supernatural. I don't know what to say.  :-X

Well, it is M. Night. :)

Wags

• The Happening

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Although, the title immediately brings to mind "12 Angry Men", which I fear would draw criticism from Shyamalan-haters who would blindly claim he is "ripping off" of that movie. 

The interesting thing about these Nigh Chronicles movies is that they sound like great ideas, but I have a real hard time trying to figure out how they can stretch the idea into a full length movie.  I'm not doubting by any  means, I'm just curious.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Sounds like a good idea to me.  Although, the title immediately brings to mind "12 Angry Men", which I fear would draw criticism from Shyamalan-haters who would blindly claim he is "ripping off" of that movie.  

The interesting thing about these Nigh Chronicles movies is that they sound like great ideas, but I have a real hard time trying to figure out how they can stretch the idea into a full length movie.  I'm not doubting by any  means, I'm just curious.

Well, it's a small idea that DEADLINE revealed. We are still not 100% sure and the reason I am saying that because I don't know the accuracy of the site/deadline on their report. Part of me thinks that it is accurate plot line since they also revealed the title of the movie. I like the title "12 Strangers" and I hope the M.Night haters don't pick on M.Night that he stole the idea of the title from "12 Monkeys".

It is a little bit nerve wrecking to think of the Jury and supernatural. It is indeed a fresh idea and I am excited about this. The way I see it right now I think M.Night is set to be successful with his TNC banner.

Jury and Supernatural. - This also reminds me a little bit of "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose". The whole movie is set in the court and we have flash backs on what happened to Emily, but I don't think 12 Strangers will be anything like Exorcirm of Emly Rose as M.Night always thinks few steps ahead of everyone. I am also glad that Chris Sparling is doing the script.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
Well, a lot of people are comparing it more to 12 Angry Men.  Juries are made up of 12 people, though, so I doubt anyone's going to compare it to 12 Monkeys.

Deadline is a very reliable source for news.  They have four writers, including one that formerly worked for a major Hollywood trade.  I can't remember if it was Variety or The Hollywood Reporter.... but I think it was Variety.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Well, a lot of people are comparing it more to 12 Angry Men.  Juries are made up of 12 people, though, so I doubt anyone's going to compare it to 12 Monkeys.

Deadline is a very reliable source for news.  They have four writers, including one that formerly worked for a major Hollywood trade.  I can't remember if it was Variety or The Hollywood Reporter.... but I think it was Variety.

Nice to know that Deadline is a reliable source. I have no problem with the plotlines of the movies. And, I have not seen 12 Angry Men.