THE LAST AIRBENDER: Reviews - Critics.

Author Topic: THE LAST AIRBENDER: Reviews - Critics.  (Read 12525 times)

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: THE LAST AIRBENDER: Reviews - Critics.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 10:32:04 AM »
I'm getting really worried. Many are saying it's M. Night's WORST film. After seeing Lady in the Water and The Happening, I can't even imagine.  :-\

Lady in the Water is the best film ever, but badly marketed, and the Happening suffered because nobody understood that it was a satire, and no one listened to him when he explained it was supposed to be corny.

People are just being dumb because they want "The Sixth Sense" again, and if he only made movies like that they would STILL complain and say he never did anything new.

They're just haters who have to hate on him because they've never accomplished anything in their lives.

The clips I've seen of this movie I've liked. I doubt it will beat LITW as my favorite film of all time, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be fun.

Just 13.5 more hours...
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 12:37:10 PM »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
I read the review on Joblo.com about ECLIPSE. They are mad for watching the movie. They are saying it's really bad.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-sJNqboRQ

This review. Okay, I like it cause he is not comparing M.Night's previous work with TLA. If TLA is really that bad then its bad. M.Night should should go back to dark, emotional, suspense thrillers. I have a script finished for M.Night. I will give it to him without any charge.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2010, 02:05:44 PM »
You're right guys. Everyone who didn't like the happening or lady in the water or airbender just doesn't UNDERSTAND what shyamalan is trying to do. EVERY single critic just compares his films to the sixth sense. 

@Rohan: I don't mean to offend
You. I love shyamalan as much as you do. But the reason I love him is for his talent. When a movie sucks it sucks.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
I agree with you, CLEVERLAND HEEP.

I like a honest review based totally on the movie in question. Now that I have read some of the reviews from legits sources like "The Hollywood Reporter" and "Roger Ebert". I see the base of the whole issue that "The Last Airbender" is facing. I have not seen the film yet so I am not going to grab collars here, but my whole opinion on the film, the series, M.Night Shyamalan's decision, first teaser trailer, 3D conversion is negative. M.Night Shyamalan is a great director and he knows how to direct when he sits on the directors chair. We have seen his previous work and we all know that he is capable of directing some serious movies with great story telling and directing.

This is my opinion:

I was saddened when M.Night decided to take on the series based on the cartoon. That's not his style, yet he took the route to change his image. I respect that, but come on! it's like seeing Brian De Palma directing a musical.

TLA teaser trailer: I saw it the first time and I was not excited. Nothing looked special. Even AANG. I knew there is something with acting in this movie.

3D - then comes 3D conversion out of nowhere. WHY? I know its good to earn extra cash, but why?

I love M.Night and adore his work. I don't want him to direct TLA 2.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
Roger Ebert gave The Last Airbender half a star.  :'(

I don't remember the last time he gave a movie such a terrible review.

Last Airbender is sitting at 0% on RottenTomatoes with about 13 reviews in so far.

Yeah, I'm worried.

Sri HK

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »

Last Airbender is sitting at 0% on RottenTomatoes with about 13 reviews in so far.

Yeah, I'm worried.

I'm devastated right now. I can't even fathom what must be going through Shyamalan's mind right now.  :(
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »

Yeah, I'm worried.

I'm devastated right now. I can't even fathom what must be going through Shyamalan's mind right now.  :(

I know. As long as it makes money they will be happy.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
ugh wrote a long message and lost my connection, I'm on my iPod, just back from premiere, it was amazing!!!

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »
this will have 2 be short, but just got back from the premiere, don't believe any bad reviews, i thought the movie was amazing! i'll write more soon when I'm back home, took lots of pics, got Night's autograph, he talked for quite a while b4 it started, talked about how TLA came together & lots more cool stuff. I'm going to go see it again when I'm back home, great movie, I think u guys will love it!!

Sri HK

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 10:26:36 PM »
this will have 2 be short, but just got back from the premiere, don't believe any bad reviews, i thought the movie was amazing! i'll write more soon when I'm back home, took lots of pics, got Night's autograph, he talked for quite a while b4 it started, talked about how TLA came together & lots more cool stuff. I'm going to go see it again when I'm back home, great movie, I think u guys will love it!!

;D

Thank you!
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »

Thanks.

Hey share your pics here please. With your permission I can post on my mnightfilms page on facebook. Let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/rmohmand#!/pages/MNight-Films/27783486426

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
absolutely, i don't have a laptop w/ me here in ny, but I'll send them once i get home, I leave here late thurs nite, got some video too, just a little clip from Night's intro b4 the movie, wish I got the whole thing, he said some really interesting things about his movies, how there is one certain scene in each one, too long of a story to type on this little iPod, but it was an unforgettale experience!

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
six percent on RT. his lowest yet.

i hope this movie makes some money.