The other 30 minutes...

Author Topic: The other 30 minutes...  (Read 2199 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
The other 30 minutes...
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »
I believe we have another reason to hate 2D to 3D converted movies.

From Imdb:
Almost 30 minutes of footage was cut from the movies theatrical release because Paramount Pictures wanted to make the version converted to 3D as short as possible in an effort to save money. They had all ready invested over 150 million dollars into the movies production.

From the first time I watched it, I said to myself that The Last Airbender wasn't a bad movie, but way too short. There was no time for characters to express their feelings and stuff (especially in that horrible scene where they enter the water tribe city and Katara says in a voice-over "My brother and the princess got along really fast" or something... We need a scene where we see that, not a voice-over!)
Anyway, perhaps these 30 minutes would have made the difference to the world between a good and a bad movie...

I hate Paramount for this...
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: The other 30 minutes...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
It's always about money.  >:( And stupid 3D. Who cares about 3D? I care about substance. No one had to have Lord of the Rings in 3D!!!

I hope they put the extra 30 minutes on that DVD! I am going to get it, and find someone smart who can take the movie onto their computer and insert the scenes in so I can watch it "extended." I doubt they're going to release an extended version. Unless I missed something.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 07:02:37 PM »
It doesn't surprise me they cut 30 minutes. I think most people felt it was too short. I'd much rather have seen those 30 mins than 3d. The 3D was so disappointing in TLA and not worth the extra $ they spent on it. I'll still get the DVD and hope there will be some of the deleted scenes or the longer version.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »
I'd much rather have seen those 30 mins than 3d. The 3D was so disappointing in TLA and not worth the extra $ they spent on it. I'll still get the DVD and hope there will be some of the deleted scenes or the longer version.

i agree with u on that !
pardon my english :)