Story behind the title: 12 Strangers.

Author Topic: Story behind the title: 12 Strangers.  (Read 3336 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Story behind the title: 12 Strangers.
« on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »
12 Strangers. I love this title and since I like to get into mind of M.Night Shyamalan I would love to see some wierd stuff going on with the 12 Strangers. Why are they called 12 strangers and why are the chosen ones in the court. Who is the defendant and who is the suspect. Who is the judge and 12 Strangers relationship with the other characters.

Wags

• The Happening

Re: Story behind the title: 12 Strangers.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »
The idea behind this movie seems very interesting.  I actually think I find this idea more interesting than "Devil".  I believe it is called "12 Strangers" because there are 12 people on a jury, and they probably don't even know each other, hence the title. 

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:44:32 PM »
The idea behind this movie seems very interesting.  I actually think I find this idea more interesting than "Devil".  I believe it is called "12 Strangers" because there are 12 people on a jury, and they probably don't even know each other, hence the title. 

Yeah. Who do you think will be the main actor?

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »
Beats me.  If I had to guess, the film will focus on the deliberations of the jury.  Like they are stuck in the deliberation room going over the facts of the case and whatnot, with flashbacks focusing on the courtroom.  Sort of like a supernatural "Rashomon" that focuses on the jury talking about what they have witnessed in the courtroom.

As far as actual actors, I can only assume they will go for mostly unknowns, like they did with "Devil."  

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »
Because I've not been paying enough attention lately, have I missed when this one is coming out? Or has info that not been released yet? lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
Yeah, we found out recently that "12 Strangers" this is going to be the 2nd movie under the "Night Chronicles" banner.  All we know so far is this:

Shyamalan has tapped Chris Sparling (Buried) to write Twelve Strangers, a thriller that involves a jury deliberating a case involving the supernatural.[/i

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »
Ok. I'm looking forward to these Night Chronicles. They're intriguing.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:12:17 PM »
A jury, huh...my dad's call for Jury duty came up. Coincidence? Perhaps...perhaps not...MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:57:53 PM »
involving the supernatural[/i

Mmm,with M.Night the supernatural is always involved,no exception...I like that.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 01:44:39 AM »
Life itself really involves the supernatural. At least for me. Like, I was visiting a site where a hero of mine died this past week, and my phone started vibrating all on its own, no calls, no texts. Tell me that's not weird.

I think Night likes to highlight that little bit of the unknown in his films. It's like how in Unbreakable Elijah is talking about how comic books could have been about people with subtle abilities that got exagerrated and commercialized.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
Life itself really involves the supernatural. At least for me. Like, I was visiting a site where a hero of mine died this past week, and my phone started vibrating all on its own, no calls, no texts. Tell me that's not weird.

I think Night likes to highlight that little bit of the unknown in his films. It's like how in Unbreakable Elijah is talking about how comic books could have been about people with subtle abilities that got exagerrated and commercialized.

I agree. I do believe sometimes that supernatural exists and it occurs in real life.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 10:36:51 AM »
Still, I hope that my supernatural occurences never include the devil being in my elevator or while I'm on jury duty...if I ever get called for it! lol