Author Topic: Avatar: The Candle Project  (Read 3189 times)

aangified

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« on: July 02, 2010, 07:24:47 PM »
"Get enough Candles together and you can see them from space." This was an idea formed by Rhed on Kataangforever.

Quote from Rhed:
Regardless of how positive this forum (and fanon) is being about TLA, things aren't looking too good. I cant be the only one worried about how this will affect future Avatar-verse things/Bryke's career. Actually, were I them, I think I'd feel like I just gave some guy the keys to the car I'd built with my own hands out of metal I mined and smelted myself..and when the guy finally gets back, my baby's covered in dents and spray paint. So uh, I was thinking!

We should figure out something to do as a community that lets the people in charge know that regardless of how good or bad a job people think M Night did, we dig the Bryke and the Avatar world....and we want more. It's about a love of the animated series, not a hatred of anything else.

The problem of course is ...what do we do? A website? Mailing physical letters/fanart/whatever? What do you think we could do?

Answer: all of the above.

No matter what side of the fence you've found yourself on over the years you still have always loved Avatar to the core, correct?

This is a project about gratitude and love to the creators of the show.

This is a project to demonstrate to the creators that there are still fans of the avatarverse behind them. We have not yet lost Avatar: the Legend of Korra (or whatever the ending title will be).

The movie should not be the end of the franchise by any means. This is a chance to draw the fandom together.

"Don't judge a series by its movie."

Sites:

LiveJournal : http://community.livejournal.com/candle_project/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Avatar-the-Last-Airbender-Candle-Project/106911942695018

Kataangforever: http://www.kataangforever.com/index.php?topic=22845.0  
or www.kataangforever.com

DeviantArt: http://atla-candle-project.deviantart.com/

So join in one and all, toss ideas around, and send anyone over to kataang forever.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 07:26:51 PM by aangified »

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Re: Avatar: The Candle Project
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:26:54 PM »
That was pretty well spoken.  Especially because there ARE people who like the movie (myself included).  I'd like to add that I'd also like to thank Night for trying his best to make a great movie out of a much longer series.  He's genuinely a big fan of the show, and did his best.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:38:00 AM »
That was pretty well spoken.  Especially because there ARE people who like the movie (myself included).  I'd like to add that I'd also like to thank Night for trying his best to make a great movie out of a much longer series.  He's genuinely a big fan of the show, and did his best.

And that's all we can ask for, in some cases.

moonrise

• Personal Text
    never give up without a fight
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »
flameo!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:18:40 AM by moonrise »
-who knocks at the guarded gate?
-one who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
He did his best, yes, and if they decide to continue with the sequels, he will have a chance to make those better! Muahaha!
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
I would LOVE a Last Airbender trilogy. I just don't want M. Night to have anything to do with it.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
I would LOVE a Last Airbender trilogy. I just don't want M. Night to have anything to do with it.

M.Night is all set to direct all the three films. As a matter of fact he mentioned writing the rough draft of the 2nd film. I am pretty sure the 2nd film will be better than the first one.

sanaSANA

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 05:54:32 AM »

You said it for me.