Worst movie ever ???

Author Topic: Worst movie ever ???  (Read 10679 times)

Rabid-Merc

• Praying with Anger

Worst movie ever ???
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:23:17 AM »
     I actually don't think A:TLA is the worst movie ever. I loved this movie, it's one of M. Night's best. I think it's hilarious that everyone has said that about all of M. Night's movies. Um, seriously? Go watch some recent Steven Seagal movies, I dare you to tell me those are better than M. Night's movies. That just shows how little credibility all those "critics" possess and should be discounted completely.

At least realize what worst movie ever really means. The worst possible movie in existence? It's really pathetic that all these same "critics" can think of no other movie that is actually horrible. A: TLA should be viewed as an interpretation of the source material, not an exact replica considering book 1 is a season, and not a mini-series. Everyone is crying about the same 2 differences, the pronunciation of names and everything regarding the characters. Oh wow, big deal. Take those 2 complaints away, all those negative reviews don't have substance anymore. Funny how that works out.

I think everybody has a subliminal racist outlook towards M. Night. Everyone is also extremely critical of all his movies, maybe even a little jealously from the paid critics. All the garbage movies (for example) transformers, get praise and passing grades. What's wrong with transformers, you ask? The question is: What isn't wrong with transformers? 5 word review for transformers: Garbage, Pathetic, Ridiculous, Aggravating, Refund. Good thing I only paid for the 1st transformers, the 2nd one was nothing but kiddie nonsense. Kept hoping that shia la bish was gonnna get shot in the head.

Any flaws with any other movies are always given the benefit of the doubt. You either hear few mentions of said flaw or none at all, everyone moves on. This apparently doesn't apply to M. Night movie's, of course not, what was I thinking. You hear nothing but hatred for weeks on end that his movies suck and are horrible. What's the difference? I'm really not sure. Do M. Night movies make you think and use your brain for once? Are M. Night's movies a different style and everyone closes their minds? M. Night has dark skin, therefore he's a failure as a director? What, only light skinned directors can create works of art?

Where were all the trekkies crying foul about the Star Trek reboot, effectively wiping out the entire Star Trek universe. I never heard any of that, except for praise that it's the best Star Trek movie. How about the LOTR movies? Was every single minute detail from the books part of each movie? Highly doubtful, where was all the hatred for that director? Uh, it's not identical, off with his head. C'mon now...

People: it's getting pretty pathetic each time all of you start crying. Wah, it sucks, wah. If something is that bad, what spend a single minute longer on the topic? How about just go away? Does crying making you feel better? Seriously I want to know, I'm sure M. Night would also like to know. I'm fairly certain if word spread M. Night secretly bleaches his skin, he'll suddenly turn into a stellar director over-night. It seems to me that everyone thinks it's cool to make fun of M. Night movies. All of you iSheep need to start thinking for yourselves and soon.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
Re: Worst movie ever ???
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »
I dunno, as far as calling it the worst movie ever, I wouldn't go that far. I thought the movie "Shorts" was just horrendous.

Rulm

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:33:15 AM »
Maybe not THE worst, but the movie ranks among the worst ... :-X

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 10:24:04 AM »
if someone actually thinks that The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies ever, they haven't seen many movies.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 10:34:40 AM »
if someone actually thinks that The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies ever, they haven't seen many movies.

*cough*Sharkboyandlavagirl*cough*

I'm trying not to attack Robert Rodriguez, because he's done some okay films, but my God, half his movies are just so... awful.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »
What bothers me the most is how the critics have seemed all too eager to trash TLA even before it came out. All the ?racebending? stories and such. Then they write horrible reviews tearing the entire movie apart in a way they don?t seem to do with other movies. Not only the movie itself, but so many of the nasty reviews I read trash Night too  >:( I really liked TLA even though I?ve never seen the Nickelodeon series. Is it perfect, no. But what movie is?? I have trouble thinking of any, even among my all time favorites. As much as I enjoyed it, I would have liked some more development of the main characters. Maybe that would have happened if it was 20 minutes longer. I don't know... But overall, terrible isn?t a word I?d ever use about it. There was so much I loved about it. When the other ?Avatar? came out, I don?t recall the critics being anywhere near as harsh. It was all "James Cameron is the best filmmaker ever" type of stuff. Yeah, I thought Avatar was a good movie, but the dialogue was ?iffy? at times, I knew almost nothing about Jake prior to his arrival in Pandora, his speech to the Na?vi was a total Braveheart scene rip off and the entire storyline of Jake, Neytiri and her family was basically Pocahontas. Did they mention all that? No.

Rabid-Merc

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 11:32:21 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but i'm going to watch it again at the theater. I have never done that before. I feel I have to with A: TLA, damn critics. I gotta show my support for M. Night.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »

You're right. This is the first movie these critics have seen in years.

kamalia

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
Ok, so I'm one of those superfans, I dont care if I've watched the every book 500, every episode 500 times over.  The movie, to be honestly cheezy, a tear ran down my cheek, I was so excited to watch this movie.  Obviously I respect the interpretation that was taken on the cartoon, just wish a tad bit more of the story would have been incorporated into the movie, for example the Kyoshi warriors, think they should have a at least a small part in the movie instead of completely keeping them out and a more happier Aang.  Let's see, OH, the main Avatar states, such as the water spirit in the cartoon he turned into that huge "fish", or when he goes into the spirit world, would have been cool if he was talking to Avatar Roku instead of the dragon...the story line DID seem a bit choppy here n there, you can definitely notice where a part of each episode started and ended throughout the movie. Also, I understand that the storyline was a bit more somber than the cartoon since in the end it leads to the war, but the great thing about it starting off on the light hearted side a bit, is that you see the characters grow and their relationship with ea other is their own lil support group. Plus, they understand from the beginning the  seriousness of whats to come. (that was random but hope it made some sort of sense) I guess my point is...again...wish it was closer to the cartoon story.  Overall, if you're a TRUE fan of the cartoon, you're able to look past things like that.  I know I did a little complaining BUT I absolutely was thrilled that this movie came out and can't wait til Book 2 and 3 come out.  

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 01:54:33 PM »
Critics don't represent everyone. The final say is up to you.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 02:20:15 PM »
lol Trust me. The Twilight movies and the Star Wars prequels are far worse. And I've seen even worse than those.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rabid-Merc

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
Well that's my point guys. How can it be that bad? It's impossible considering there are so many more movies that are horrible beyond compare. I'm talking about paid critics and self-proclaimed critics. You know, all the people that claim to know everything about movies. I love how everybody thinks they can critique acting, etc, even though they aren't in those professions xD

My other point is all those people giving negative reviews have no idea what they're talking about. All the negativity towards M. Night's recent movie proves my theory. I'm just irritated I have to jump to M. Night's side each time he releases a new movie. Trying to bash everybody's ignorance and closed-minded outlook is a never ending battle.

Oh wow, i can't wait until A:TLA hits the UK. M. Night is gonna make ungodly money compared to over here in the states.    ;D   I think i'm going to buy the game as well.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:58:06 PM by Rabid-Merc »

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
I know what you mean. It's ridiculous, how much time people spend trying to make you argue with them.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 02:18:12 PM »
The movie's only redeeming qualities are it's soundtrack and decent effects. It has a few nice action scenes, but most are so stale.

Everything else about the movie doesn't work! I'm flabbergasted people would actually defend this film. I know we're all fans of M. Night, and some of us fans of the show, but that doesn't mean we're forced to enjoy something we would trash if it were created by someone else with the same quality. The movie has an absolutely terrible script, so many plot holes, so much exposition (broke the filmmaking rule of "show-don't-tell"), horrible acting, head-spinning pacing, mostly stale action scenes, awkward camera shots, atrocious dialogue, complete lack of character development, and is one of the worst ADAPTIONS ever -- there was no respect for the subject matter. He changed so many things! And much of the time it makes no sense! The worst part is that he can't admit he made a terrible movie. That's a bad sign. Even Michael Bay admitted Revenge of the Fallen had serious flaws. M. Night didn't think everything through. The movie's a completely murky, heartless film. All this leads to the biggest cinematic sin: Boredom.

Did he want it to come out that way? I doubt it, but of course M. Night could do no wrong. *Sarcasm.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 03:07:46 PM by Rulm »

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »
Rulm: The simple fact is that film is an art form and being that it is, all rules are made to be broken, and people are free to enjoy it just as much as you are free to hate it.  If you want to hate it, no one is going to stop you.  If someone loves it, it's not our job to call them whatever ignoble term we come up with.  While there is room for lots and lots of improvement, people are walking away from it satisfied.  It just depends, I guess, how forgiving you are, or if you're looking at it as entertainment before getting critical or cynical about it.

People are defending it because they found something to value in it.  No one is sticking a gun to their heads and forcing them to do so.