Worst movie ever ???

Author Topic: Worst movie ever ???  (Read 9946 times)

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
Re: Worst movie ever ???
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
The movie's only redeeming qualities are it's soundtrack and decent effects. It has a few nice action scenes, but most are so stale.

Everything else about the movie doesn't work! I'm flabbergasted people would actually defend this film. I know we're all fans of M. Night, and some of us fans of the show, but that doesn't mean we're forced to enjoy something we would trash if it were created by someone else with the same quality. The movie has an absolutely terrible script, so many plot holes, so much exposition (broke the filmmaking rule of "show-don't-tell"), horrible acting, head-spinning pacing, mostly stale action scenes, awkward camera shots, atrocious dialogue, complete lack of character development, and is one of the worst ADAPTIONS ever -- there was no respect for the subject matter. He changed so many things! And much of the time it makes no sense! The worst part is that he can't admit he made a terrible movie. That's a bad sign. Even Michael Bay admitted Revenge of the Fallen had serious flaws. M. Night didn't think everything through. The movie's a completely murky, heartless film. All this leads to the biggest cinematic sin: Boredom.

Did he want it to come out that way? I doubt it, but of course M. Night could do no wrong. *Sarcasm.

It's not that we have to enjoy the film, but if someone does, then they do. You can't change that.

I mean, the fact is, "The Room" is probably one of the worst films of all time, but there has to be at least one person out there who likes it. While on the other hand, "The Godfather" is considered one of the greatest movies of all time (and it's sequel), but I know people who don't like it.

It really isn't a matter of "best" or "worst"... it's just whether or not you like it.

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »
True, that. What's "The Room"?
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 09:03:26 PM »
Has anyone seen it more than once? If so, did you like it more or less the second time?

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Has anyone seen it more than once? If so, did you like it more or less the second time?

Is it really possible to like a movie more the second time? I mean, not to say it isn't possible, but once you've seen the movie, there's no surprise or anything.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
Many movies grew on me as time went on, and this one wasn't a devastating blow to me in the first place. I am going to see it again once the crowds die down, and I will have a nice detailed review of it then for you guys.  ;)
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 03:14:39 AM »
Yeah, I apologize for freaking out on you all like that, lol. But I'm just so shocked by how bad the movie is (imo).  :-\

But yeah, you're all welcome to share your opinions, of course.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 09:56:50 AM »
Hehe, no worries. :D

You know what's really funny? There's a post in the LITW forum also called "Worst movie ever." People really have differing opinions. LITW is my all time favorite film.

gwags33

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
it def wasnt the worst movie ever, but with such an amazing show... i think the real life adaption could have been much better...not saying i could have done better, but still...

i know how you guys feel as mnight superfans... i like taylor swift's face and when haters call her ugly it makes me super mad!!! she looks like an angel..does she not ;)!!?

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »
She looks like my friend Ashley. Both are lovely ladies. Who called Taylor ugly? They need eye transplants.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 11:02:59 PM »
I think the ending was drawn too far from the original spirit of the series. Half of the whole second season consists of Aang dealing with his feelings about the way he acted in his Avatar state in the northern water tribe. It will change a lot for the second movie, but it also provides a way to cut out all that long, dawn-out coming to terms with his power by having him skip it altogether (saves time in movie number 2) I also didn't like the mispronunciation of a lot of the names. I wish the classic avatar humor had not been cut out of the film altogether, and I would like to have had more time spent on Zuko and (especially) Iroh.

That being said, the cinematography and music were beautiful. The stunts were well-coordinated, and the emotions were portrayed powerfully - from Zuko's frustration and embarrassment to Aang's childish rage, Sokka's bravado, to Katara's invincible hope. The climax was very moving and the ending is inspiring. Not all of Shyamalan's best qualities shine through, but it was a good movie overall.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 12:53:17 AM »
I actually liked the way the ending was handled; I thought it was more in the spirit of the Avatar than a crazed rampage, though I see your point.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
Do "made for television" or "straight to video" movies count in this "worst movie ever" category, 'cause "Secret of NIMH 2" and "Out of Jimmy's Head" was pretty awful.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 06:28:28 PM »
Nimh creeped me out beyond reason, and I watched it the first time when I was 19 years old. lol I never made it to 2.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »

Is it really possible to like a movie more the second time? I mean, not to say it isn't possible, but once you've seen the movie, there's no surprise or anything.

lol priest, are u really a shyamalan fan?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 01:45:46 PM »
Hehe, no worries. :D

You know what's really funny? There's a post in the LITW forum also called "Worst movie ever." People really have differing opinions. LITW is my all time favorite film.

Yeah I know, I still need to reply to a post on that thread. there's probably one in The Happening too