Worst movie ever ???

Author Topic: Worst movie ever ???  (Read 10687 times)

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Worst movie ever ???
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
Yeah, I stopped trying to get people to discuss Lady with me and just link them to the essay I wrote. That essay has converted about a dozen haters.

So my Airbender review is about 7 pages single spaced so I did not have time to condense before I left for England (hellooo from the UK!) but I do think I can say one thing I've observed: The problem isn't that the movie is bad; the problem is it's not what people were wanting. That's really all I can pin it to since non show fans loved it, kids loved it, etc. The people I know who didn't like it were expecting a more grown-up, epic style movie, and that's what led to their disappointment...as is usual.

I'll never say this movie was one of Shyamalan's greats but I think as a kid's movie I've seen a LOT worse. lol

I have a lot of likes/dislikes in my review I'll address later this millenium.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 11:20:21 PM »
that's always the biggest problem with Shyamalan movies. "it wasn't what I was expecting" and so many people just can't get past that to see it for what it is: a masterful work of art that would only be cheapened by having it explained for you.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
I know. Always go into movies, HIS especially, expecting nothing. Completely blank. Then what he's trying to paint for you won't be sullied by pre-imagined image.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 06:04:24 PM »
Has anyone seen it more than once? If so, did you like it more or less the second time?

Is it really possible to like a movie more the second time? I mean, not to say it isn't possible, but once you've seen the movie, there's no surprise or anything.

lol priest, are u really a shyamalan fan?

Yes. Why do you ask?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 01:12:35 AM »
Well, i suppose you only like Shyamalan because his movies surprise you at the end... For anyone who knows anything about film, a Shyamalan work cannot possibly be fully appreciated the first time through.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »
Indeed. Twists are fun, but they're kinda overrated because they only work the first time. It's the meat of the movie itself that's the key.

PriestRevan

• Wide Awake

• Personal Text
    Being a fan of M. Night is an interesting one
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
Well, i suppose you only like Shyamalan because his movies surprise you at the end... For anyone who knows anything about film, a Shyamalan work cannot possibly be fully appreciated the first time through.

What? I never said I liked his movies for the twists. I just like his movies, I dunno why.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 05:00:07 PM »
I like the intricacies of his films. And you always see something else when you watch them that you didn't notice before.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
And you always see something else when you watch them that you didn't notice before.

I remember the first time I realised the true meaning of a particular shot from The 6th Sense: it was the 5th,if not 6th time I was watching it,then I suddenly understood the hidden message (I'm talking about the unusually long shot of Cole's handprint on the table in the kitchen,when the mother finds out that all shelves are open).I miss these trademarks.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2010, 01:40:02 AM »
Yeah, I liked that one. I'm very silly because when I'm watching a movie I may or may not wear glasses, but I never watch one of his without them, for fear of missing a new detail.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
Rulm: The simple fact is that film is an art form and being that it is, all rules are made to be broken, and people are free to enjoy it just as much as you are free to hate it.  If you want to hate it, no one is going to stop you.  If someone loves it, it's not our job to call them whatever ignoble term we come up with.  While there is room for lots and lots of improvement, people are walking away from it satisfied.  It just depends, I guess, how forgiving you are, or if you're looking at it as entertainment before getting critical or cynical about it.

People are defending it because they found something to value in it.  No one is sticking a gun to their heads and forcing them to do so.

Well said and I agree.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
Here's a worse film than TLAB. I give you, Sharktopus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2bBfuepKk

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:25 AM »
Hahaha! WTF is that!?!?!

Man, they'll make ANYTHING into movies/TV these days.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:04 PM »
Here's a worse film than TLAB. I give you, Sharktopus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK2bBfuepKk

This is classic  ;D - You are awesome, man.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2010, 11:41:06 PM »
;D

and how bout this new movie: Pirhana? come on, people...