Just watched TLA and...I hated it.

Author Topic: Just watched TLA and...I hated it.  (Read 8155 times)

mnightfan4lyfe

Re: Just watched TLA and...I hated it.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 07:20:54 PM »
at last i got the date on TLA showing in jakarta..its aug 4th.i probably go watch the 3D instead coz u all told that the film not so great.

I'm glad you'll finally get to see it  :) I liked it better in 2d than 3d...not sure why. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really liked the movie. Even more so the second time I saw it. I thought it was the best movie I've seen so far this year.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »
I'm glad you'll finally get to see it  :) I liked it better in 2d than 3d...not sure why. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really liked the movie. Even more so the second time I saw it. I thought it was the best movie I've seen so far this year.
[/quote]

thanks.....so u think this is a good movie.....now i cant wait to see it ;D..i will give my opinion soon....
pardon my english :)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 12:53:34 AM »
I also suggest seeing it in 2D rather than 3D ( i saw it in 3D)

Shadowbender, that was an excellent review! You've convinced me the movie was poorly-done. Though still entertaining, as you said.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:40 AM »
but u all said that the movie wasnt good,if i watching in 3D at least i get the thrill from it.if 2d....iam affraid i will be dissapointed..... ???

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:59 AM »
I never saw it in 3D because of my theaters' issues. lol Everyone said it made no difference, but other than that I can't say. It's really your choice. I'm sure the movie business loves the extra money from the 3D showings, though. lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
once again...u all were right....3D not good.i should hv been watching 2D instead.. >:(.my opinion about the film ( beside the 3D thing ),its quite good actually.Mr.M brought up another side of it.maybe in the cartoon,its more fun,but in the film is more emotional.like my father said,'the movie just Mr.M style, no doubt'.try not to compare to the cartoon,just follow what M trying so say.clear your head first , then watch it again.... u might just get it.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
It is better the second time around, and putting the original out of your head before watching the adaptation is adviseable in any situation. I'm glad you were cool with it, and sorry about the 3d thing. :P

And I know...I owe you guys my full review. I'll have it up sometime this decade. My summer kind of ran off with me after July started.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 12:30:30 AM »
i saw the movie for the second time,i hv to admit it...it is lame,lame,lame :(...but my father still think it was good..now my brother got angry with the movie.....its family fight.....

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »
Oh no! Not family disputes. Those are the worst. Especially when they're over the silly stuff, like movies. :P

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
hahaha..... thats how we show love among each other..... ;D

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:30 AM »
I am going to the cinema this evening. The movie was released here last Thursday, but I didn't have the chance to go and see it (I went to a 3 days festival from Thursday to Saturday and got home sick).
It'll be my second watch, first time was a crappy cam-version on internet. I quite enjoyed it back then, so I think with the cinema quality of the movie, I'm going to enjoy it tonight too.

I'll make a short review of my second watch somewhere tomorrow maybe.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 05:17:28 AM »
The Last Airbender
Second watch, this time in cinema.

Again I enjoyed the movie. The visual stuff in it was just great. All types of bending look good and the surroundings, the fictional world that the story is in, looks beautifull. I still think that this movie has only one big mistake that is the source of all other mistakes in the movie; the pacing. It goes to fast, Shyamalan should have made it longer, a little over two hours. Yet I still enjoyed it.

7/10
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

arjaybee

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010, 06:57:55 PM »
I also enjoyed 'The Last Airbender' and have seen it twice.  I now think it ranks as M. Night's 4th best movie behind 'Sixth Sense', 'Unbreakable' and 'The Village'.  Too many fans of the animated series wanted everything that a 20 episode season showed to be put into a 1 hour and 40 minute movie...sorry, but something was going to be lost in translation from animated season to live action movie...something had to be cut and any cuts were going to be met with varying levels of ire from the 'fans'.  I personally thought that season 1 of the animated show was slow and hard to get through.  I thought that Aang was too 'happy-go-lucky' given his task and responsibility, but I was well aware that this was a Nickelodeon show so I worked past that.  I thought that (and still think) Momo is a disposable character wheras Appa is very important.  The show hits its stride in season 2 and comes to its epic conclusion in season 3.  That said, I liked how the story for the movie edited season 1 down and made Aang more mature than he was in season 1 of the show...I didn't mind Momo's even further reduced role although Appa should have had more interaction with Aang and more screen time.  It would be nice if Paramount would allow seasons' 2 and 3 to be covered with two movies each, but I really didn't have a problem with the cuts that had to be made for book 1.  The show and the movies are different entities that should be viewed with their respective positives and drawbacks.  The series can take more time to tell its story and can include elements that just don't matter given the time restraints of a live action movie.  Anyway, I know I'm in the minority here but I enjoyed the movie and I love the animated show.  It is my hope that the movies can live up to how epic the show ultimately ended.