what's book that u're reading now or recently?

Author Topic: what's book that u're reading now or recently?  (Read 9817 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: what's book that u're reading now or recently?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 12:09:11 AM »
I'm in the middle of two massive fantasy series (the wheel of time and a song of ice and fire) and it takes so darn long for the next book to come out  :( it's so frustrating.
anyway, I was reading about a song of ice and fire today to sort of get my fix for the moment.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=198075&id=825698717#!/pages/A-Song-of-Ice-and-Fire/113618571981513?ref=ts

Oh and btw, I live in the same city the author of The Wheel of Time "Robert Jordan" did before his life was tragically cut short (and not just tragic because he didnt finish the series [and it will still be finished acording to his notes and preparations])
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
Though I've still got a year of college to get through and may wind up reading it again for class. lol!!!

Well,in that case you'll have a knowledge of the whole (whale??? ;D) thing,that shouldn't be bad,I suppose.However,I also started reading Moby Dick some time ago,but I'm stuck at the Cetology chapter.Some parts are a bit heavy,but it's a great book,I'll have to go on with it.
So you're studying English and American literature?
"Welcome to The Cove"

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
Specifically I'm studying Professional Writing, but as it's part of the English department I'm required to take several advanced lit courses as well. Currently I'm going to be taking Shakespeare, and so I am thinking I should add an American lit course to balance the other Brit lit ones I'm planning for next semester.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
I've not read Conversations. What's it about?

if its not a novel,not a biography,what do you call it?text book??
its about what the author thinks about GOD....how he see's the world with different perspective.hmmm.....i try to remember what may poeple call him....NEW AGE i guess???its a spiritual book.and its great,i agree with him totally(at least until now ),though its the opposite of my religion thought me.it just,i always hv interests with this thing. i hv so many questions about the world and mostly about GOD....i want to understand.not wondering but purely understand.....
pardon my english :)

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »
Interesting...G-d is an interesting topic but I don't think I'm technically supposed to go into those analogies on this forum. I'll have to snoop about that book sometime.

But OMG on a totally unrelated note-have I mentioned Lisa Shearin's Raine Benares books? The most recent one came out several months ago but I have been rereading the series for a reminder. I just started the new one today. Not only is Shearin's writing hilarious and exciting, she has just gone to "scary as hell" in the new book. I can not wait to finish this one!
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 11:47:29 PM »
Apparently "Conversations With God" also touches on the topic of Indigo Children, which I mentioned the other day on a thread about LITW. Interesting.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 01:09:29 PM »
*dramatic music* Coincidence? I think NOT!

lol no seriously, that is kinda odd.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:51 PM »
Well, I don't think it's  :o EXTREMELY :o odd that a forum for Shyamalan fans to discuss his movies would have more than one reference to New Age ideas, lol.

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 04:27:39 AM »
Mr.M movies is all about spiritual things,its about what is inside,more than meets the eye (is it the right word?)

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »
His movies are all about seeing. (reference my signature)

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »
currently,i'm reading His Holiness Dalai Lama 14th book about the art of happiness at work, he is something  u know....very good person.got several books written by monks also.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 11:04:12 PM »
Shinchan, have you read Confessions by st augustine? it's good  :x

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Penguin-Classics-Augustine/dp/014044114X#reader_014044114X
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:08:45 PM by Namaste »

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2010, 04:16:30 AM »
no i haven't.....that is a very old book,1961 first published.hard item that is if i have to find it here in jakarta.i never buy anything from the internet  ::).....i already  check out the content..very interesting book,this is the kind of book that i really want to read.and there is some explanation about the genesis book,that's great.i always want to know the meaning behind those words....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 07:40:25 AM by shinchan »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
actually, the confessions on which the book is based were written in the year 397

shinchan

• The Village

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »
yeah...thats right....now i am reading first page from amazon..hihihi....namaste hv u ever heard about madam helena p blavatsky?or ever read her books?