Cast Critics and the Review!

Author Topic: Cast Critics and the Review!  (Read 2451 times)

Tricker190

• Praying with Anger

Cast Critics and the Review!
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
*Note - This review is opinion based.

First of all, the movie is not bad as people make it sound. It wasn't awfully bad. Some people are just against M. Night. I can clearly see it by reading most of the reviews. But they were true at one point. The movie was NOT good as the series. I'm a big fan of the series, I have the entire series 2+ times.

+PROS / CONS

-Script: Not good! It was OKAY! It some how kept the story going.

-Timeline: Originally it was 90 Minutes long. I just want to know that if they can make the movie little longer. If the make it a 180 Minutes movie (like Lord of the Rings), they could done a better job on explaining the plot because Book 1, the first season is 400+ minutes long. They just rushed through the plot.

-Storyline/Plot: This is the MAIN reason why some people hated the movie. As I said, they rushed through the plot. It was so compressed that there was no time to explain about the characters.

-Cast: INTERESTING but MESSED up! This was my biggest concern of all. I noticed that every nation has its own race. Like Fire Nation is Indians, Earth Nation is Chinese, Southern Water Tribe is other Asian but why is it like that? Why not just mixed up, I mean, every nation should have mixed up characters.

-Aang (Noah Ringer): 10/10 because he looks like him.

-Katara (Nicola Peltz): 8/10, she was suitable.

-Sokka (Jackson Rathbone): 8/10, good but you could have made him a little more humorous.

-Zuko (Dev Patel): 8/10, he is a good actor and he got the part right!

-Iroh (Shaun Toub): 7/10, he was good because its just an adaption. But still, he was not wise enough as seen the anime.

-Commander Zhao (Aasif Mandvi): 5/10, I'm giving 5 because his acting was good but he didn't look like him.

-Fire Lord OZAI (Cliff Curtis): 3/10, YES, I give a 3 only because of his acting, but if he looked like a real fire lord, I would have gave him 10! But for some reason he looked innocent and doesn't look like a fire lord at ALL. Some one with long hair and a martial artist should be there. NEED A CHARACTER CHANGE HERE. AS I SAID, every nation should be MIXED UP, so people won't complain!

-Bending: People had to do a lot of moves in order to bend. BUT GUESS WHAT, I felt like they were NOT connected to the movement of the element. In the series, when people bend, they move with the element, in the MOVIE, its opposite. Doesn't have flow but some parts were good.

-Graphics/Camera: The best part of the movie and views were stunning! but could have worked better on 3D.

*There is still a chance. Night can still change in the next movies. I'm not here to give tips to M. Night. These are all just my opinion on what I think and other people think. So ya, there are still two movies to come, its up to M. Night, he could change it and make people love the trilogy.

Overall, this movie was okay comparing to some other movies.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:57:31 PM by Tricker190 »

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Cast Critics and the Review!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:55 AM »
I don't know about the cast looking like the show...it's not a big deal for me personally, mainly because of how hard it would be to find someone who could pull off the Zhao sideburns...lol But other than that you and I are on the same brainwave, though I go into probably 10x the detail because I can't shut up. lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Tricker190

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
I don't know about the cast looking like the show...it's not a big deal for me personally, mainly because of how hard it would be to find someone who could pull off the Zhao sideburns...lol But other than that you and I are on the same brainwave, though I go into probably 10x the detail because I can't shut up. lol

haha, yea. I got too lazy to type thats y I didn't put much detail into it. I think we all should give M. Night a chance, ppl should quit complaining. HE IS A GREAT DIRECTOR...

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
I know, right? People never leave him alone. It's like Van Gogh, only he was never popular in his lifetime.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Tricker190

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »
I know, right? People never leave him alone. It's like Van Gogh, only he was never popular in his lifetime.

u think he'll make the series better within the next 2 movies? well, i think he can, I have hope. but hopefully, I don't have to throw my hope in the trash can cuz if he makes the next movies worser....ARGGG, idk, lol...I'm a real fan of the Anime series though..
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:22:34 AM by Tricker190 »

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:14 AM »
I think he can improve, I really think he needs to polish the scripts, but I think the movies can go places. I'm also a really big fan of the TV series, but I'm not looking for that, you know? I see adaptations as their own, so I don't go crazy. lol