Awesome Movie!!

Author Topic: Awesome Movie!!  (Read 6160 times)

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
Awesome Movie!!
« on: September 10, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
I have rewatched LITW twice today, and its slowly buy surely becoming my favorite film of all time( sorry signs :()
I can't see what everyone hated this. IMO its an amazing movie with a great story. M night is a genius IMO. Maybe people didnt like him playing the writer, cuz they felt it too egotistical. I didn't honestly care. Who knows maybe if he had another actor play hi-......no wait. I know why! Its the critic. It pissed them off. You have balls Mr. Shyamalan :D

Anyways just wanted to spread my love of my (new) fav. movie of all time. If you know why people hated it please tell me.
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Awesome Movie!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »
YES!!! I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD!!!

I bloody love you. :-*
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:13:23 AM »
Lulzthanks.

But still im confuzzled why most critic unanimously hated it :( its so awesome
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:51 AM »
They were "offended". And it was badly marketed-I mean, everyone I talked to said "I thought it was a freaky film" and when you see it you know there's nothing freaky about it. Wrong target audience.

But the movie itself is so amazing, I like convincing people to watch it again. They always like it more.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:13:05 PM »
Oh, so it was like the Village marketing? Making seem scary then it's a different film. :(

If the studio would have marketed them right i think the reception would be better. I swear if Devil is like a romance fantasy teenage vampire love story, ima be pissed >:(
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
 :D If Devil is a teenage vampire love story I will personally institutionalize everyone who helped make it, Shyamalan included. lol

All the same, I'm going in to the movie blank slate, expecting anything, expect nothing. That way I can appreciate it for what it is, not what I was told to expect. I've kinda adopted that mentality for every movie I see nowadays...

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
Hmmm, thats a good idea. You just done made a fact son!
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 07:26:50 PM »
Which one's a fact? The first or second statement? lol

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
"expecting anything, expect nothing"

You just gave me a tagline for my future movie that will be a huge success. Don't worry i'll give you a little profit. How does 10 million sound?
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 05:37:15 PM »
;) Hehehehe, 10 million sounds great. And you're welcome to the tagline. I have a bunch. Comes from being a writer...

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
Hey, can I be in your movie? ;)

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
Yes. You can be extra #1.

Your a writer eh? It'd be cool to be a screen writer one day :D
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Can I be the extra who dies in the first five minutes and gets a close up? lol jk Extra work is kinda fun because you can say whatever you want, as long as its quiet, and it looks normal to the camera:

Me: "I am secretly an alien from Pluto here to scout out the ultimate way to exterminate humans for demoting our planet."
My Friend: "I am just going to look like we're having a normal conversation. Oh wait, this is a normal conversation for us."

Screenwriting is something I could get into, but I'm thinking mainly about being a historical fiction author. I want to make history more accessible to young adults.

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 11:43:28 PM »
" I want to make history more accessible to young adults."

Please do. Half the students in my American history class don't get it. I do cuz idk, i'm just naturally good at it or something, but thats a good idea.
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »
History has a bad reputation as being boring, so I lot of kids go in already tuning it out. But so many people I know online I met through things like The Dreamer webcomic, which has renewed their interest in The American Revolution. It's told from a teenage girl's perspective and it makes it fascinating and fun to them. That's what I want to do. History is too full of interesting lessons and people to be so quickly disregarded...