Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan

Author Topic: Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan  (Read 5532 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan
« on: September 26, 2010, 05:53:39 PM »
Since few of you brought this idea up on the "Reincarnate" thread I thought to open a thread for the topic. Now, Mnightfans.com is not officially sure we will be able to meet Shyamalan and do a meet and greet with him, but we can discuss about it. About the possibilities, questions you might have and want Mnightfans.com to ask Shyamalan.

Personally, I would love to have MNightfans.com to sit in a round table discussion with M.Night Shyamalan afterall we are all fans of his work and will always be and I am sure that M.Night Shyamalan will appreciate it since we appreciate his work, his dedication and his love for cinema.

Teddy have met Shyamalan few times and I have asked him about Shyamalan's personality and I was told that he is a chilled and a laid back individual and who likes to laugh and talk about films. There is a possibility.

So post your comments, ideas and questions. "Who knows may be some day in future Mnightfans.com will get the chance to discuss with Shyamalan".

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 06:01:43 PM by Rohan »

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 07:23:34 PM »
Meet and greet would totally rock my socks, but even an online web chat or something would be great too. I know a lot of authors who do that so people who can't get travel easily can still "Attend".
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:13:09 PM »
That would be amazing. From reading the posts here, I get the impression many Shyamalan fans are aspiring writers or filmmakers of one kind or another, or at least serious movie fans. I'm sure there would be lots of good questions.   

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:49:03 PM »
Not just an aspiring writer! I am a writer! Though I'm still aspiring for the title of "full time author". Hahaha

Seriously though, there's so much I want to ask him about Lady and Village, and Unbreakable as well...and my big question is would he ever consider a crossover film-like have Cole Sear run into Cleveland Heep or something. Even if it was just a passing-on-the-street kind of move, with a new character bumping into an old one, it would be wicked.

What kind of things would you guys ask?
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:25:49 PM »
I'd have lots of questions about The Village since it's my favorite, how he comes up with his ideas and about what new projects he's working on.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:19:40 AM »
I'd have lots of questions about The Village since it's my favorite, how he comes up with his ideas and about what new projects he's working on.

To answer your questions.

1- How he comes up with this ideas?

M.Night Shyamalan usually comes up with ideas when he is on the sets of his movies. He came up with the idea of THE HAPPENING when he was shooting "Lady In The Water". He came up with idea of "Unbreakable" when he was shooting "The Sixth Sense". He also stated that usually ideas comes to him when he is traveling. Flying or driving. He also once stated that usually ideas comes to him when he looks at the crowd of people, citizens walking around in his city or downtown areas.

2- New Projects.

The ones that I think he will be diirecting is a thriller and the other one is a sci-fi.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »

2- New Projects.

The ones that I think he will be diirecting is a thriller and the other one is a sci-fi.

I haven't heard about the sci-fi one yet. Has there been anything posted about it on here? Maybe I missed it....

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 07:58:26 PM »

2- New Projects.

No news on his sci-fi film yet. We post all the latest news on front main page of the site.

I haven't heard about the sci-fi one yet. Has there been anything posted about it on here? Maybe I missed it....

Baconhawk

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 09:27:30 PM »
Yay a new thriller by M. Night! Can't wait for it. It should pretty damn good since it probably won't be made till either the Night Chronicles are over, or he's done with TLA 2. So I guess my question would be when does he hope to shoot his thriller or sci-fi?
Mr. Heap is a playa!

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 08:12:46 AM »
The thriller is in pre-production and will be produced at the same time as the other 2 Night Chronicles. After that, we might get a TLA sequel, or his Sci-Fi.

Should be somewhat like this:
-Reincarnate: 2011
-Night Chronicle 3: 2012
-M. Night's own thriller: 2012
-SciFi or TLA 2: 2014.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 05:20:24 PM »
If they're going to wait that long for TLA 2 they shouldn't make it. It would be worse than the Harry Potter age gaps! lol

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
The thriller is in pre-production and will be produced at the same time as the other 2 Night Chronicles. After that, we might get a TLA sequel, or his Sci-Fi.

Should be somewhat like this:
-Reincarnate: 2011
-Night Chronicle 3: 2012
-M. Night's own thriller: 2012
-SciFi or TLA 2: 2014.

Don't forget that UNBREAKABLE was repurposed for "Night Chronicles". I think the 3rd film under the chronicles will be Unbreakable.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
Yes, Night Chronicle 3 is the Unbreakable... Let's call it 'spin off'
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »
Spin-off sounds about right...not sure what the official term would be...reinvention?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
According to Shyamalan himself UNBREAKABLE sequel is a sequel, but still not a sequel.