Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan

Author Topic: Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan  (Read 5245 times)

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Meet And Greet "Wishes" with M.Night Shyamalan
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:10:28 PM »
Hahaha. Typical Night statement.  :D <3 I guess it'll all make sense when we see it, and not a minute sooner--ok so maybe when we see the trailer.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
According to Shyamalan himself UNBREAKABLE sequel is a sequel, but still not a sequel.

lol...I'm confused  ???

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 08:21:07 PM »
Confused?

I was confused as well and I think he is doing this to tease us and finally he revealed it kinda. The villian and the plot for the proposed sequel will be used for a different movie entirely.

The idea for the villian was a cool idea to him so he took it for a sequel under one of NIGHT CHRONICLE projects. And, that villian idea was originally for "Unbreakable 1" I think it was too much for him to show all characters on the same screen. So he decided to take out that villian and he kept it in secret for the second film which will be a standalone flick. Nothing related kinda to original Unbreakable.

And I believe he is planning that after "Reincarnate"

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »
I think when I first heard "Unbreakable 2" I assumed it was going to be the sequel to the original story with the original characters. Either way, it sounds interesting & I'm looking forward to it  :D  Will there be more than three Night Chronicles films or is that it for now?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 12:25:44 AM »
I think when I first heard "Unbreakable 2" I assumed it was going to be the sequel to the original story with the original characters. Either way, it sounds interesting & I'm looking forward to it  :D  Will there be more than three Night Chronicles films or is that it for now?

Same here. I am looking forward to it. I want him to direct it though. I was thinking the other day that he is currently writing his original thriller and he also mentioned that he is working on a sci-fi story. I thought what if Unbreakable 2 is his sci-fi project then I changed my mind because it can't be scif-fi.

He announced only 3 picture a year deal with MRC. All low budget films with good directors, writers, actors and good stories. They will see if these three films will work and make some money. In my opinion it is a very smart idea to run the film business and I think this way M.Night is contributing to cinema which I am very thankful to him for. And the good thing about "Night Chronicles" is that they are all original ideas.

After these 3 films, I am sure Night will start the 4 one. He may exapnd the banner and make big budget films or who knows he may get involved with new diredtors and turn it to DREAMWORK kind of production house.

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »
Yeah, it's a great idea as a business model and as a way to give up-and-coming writers, directors and actors an opportunity. I hope the first 3 are just the beginning.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »
Yeah, it's a great idea as a business model and as a way to give up-and-coming writers, directors and actors an opportunity. I hope the first 3 are just the beginning.

Yeah. Hope he opens the door to more directors, writers.