Airbender Mute

Author Topic: Airbender Mute  (Read 2403 times)

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Airbender Mute
« on: November 06, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »
So my dad travels a lot, and this past month he was in Africa. He told me that both on the way to and from there his airplane played "The Last Airbender" on their TVs. Unfortunately, both times there were sound issues (headset was broken first time, second time the volume would not turn up) so he had to watch it without sound.

My dad has never seen the show, nor has he seen the movie with sound. This is what he got out of watching it mute:

Iroh looked like a good guy but then turned out to be bad ("flaming death, and the white haired chick dying?" He asked.)
The Fire Nation wanted Aang for research or something because he was the last airbender (knew nothing about the Avatar having all the powers)
He had NO IDEA what Zuko's role was. lol
The visuals and the fighting was ABSOLUTELY EPIC.

It made me wonder what other things a person might think if they watched the movie, or the show, without sound or subtitles. Unless you could read lips, you could get pretty lost.

But either way, he really enjoyed it!  ;D
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: Airbender Mute
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I think they should have screened the film without sound for the critics.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Airbender Mute
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:44:30 AM »
Hahaha! I'd have paid money to see that! The critics watching it mute, I mean. I wouldn't pay just to watch it with them. 8)
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.